Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Concealed Carry Discussion (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Has Orange County effectively become Shall Issue? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1441068)

Ricokane 04-15-2018 7:10 PM

Has Orange County effectively become Shall Issue?
 
Has anybody heard of someone getting denied recently? Give a reason besides general self defense and you're good to go for CCW license?

EMR 04-15-2018 8:17 PM

Out of a dozen of friends that I know that have applied, only one was disqualified recently based on unsubstantial good cause. Apparently working as a IT Professional transporting computer equipment into Santa Ana wasn’t good enough (general idea).

tuna quesadilla 04-16-2018 6:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 21527990)
Out of a dozen of friends that I know that have applied, only one was disqualified recently based on unsubstantial good cause. Apparently working as a IT Professional transporting computer equipment into Santa Ana wasn’t good enough (general idea).

If they specifically used the word "unsubstantial" or "unsubstantiated" that is a professional way of saying that your friend did not provide enough supporting evidence. From my experience and from talking to others, OC will take pretty much any well-articulated good cause statement if and only if you can back it up with some kind of hard documentation. Has your friend appealed the decision?

ACfixer 04-16-2018 6:47 AM

^^^ In respect to the OP's question... If people are getting nixed for lack of supporting GC evidence, that constitutes a "may issue" IMO. That being said, spending a day putting together a GC statement and something to back it up is worth jumping through the hoop, but it's not what I would consider "shall issue".

baggss 04-16-2018 1:06 PM

OC is probably really Dark Green on the Map vice Light Green, but still not "shall issue" Once the election is done I may revise them to Dark Green under the "relaxed" good cause heading. "Relaxed" will change to "Minimal" on the next update as well....

http://www.baggss.us/CACCWCounties.png

CAL.BAR 04-16-2018 1:30 PM

Not sure about that map. San Diego is "reasonable good cause"? Really, wasn't it the Peruta case out of SAN DIEGO that started the whole issue recently? They DON'T issue in SD as far as 've heard.

baggss 04-16-2018 2:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAL.BAR (Post 21530406)
Not sure about that map. San Diego is "reasonable good cause"? Really, wasn't it the Peruta case out of SAN DIEGO that started the whole issue recently? They DON'T issue in SD as far as 've heard.

You've "heard" wrong. Last summer you would have been right. You need to do some research on the forums here. Gore liberalized his stance late last year and has been issuing pretty steadily since then. San Diego County Gun Owners PAC seems to have convinced him.

Start here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1366165

and here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1400940

and here: https://sandiegocountygunowners.com/ccw/

It could be politics since this is an election year and he is facing a pro shall issue CCW Dem who's also gay. Time will tell.

MisplacedTexan 04-24-2018 9:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggss (Post 21530610)
..... Gore liberalized his stance late last year and has been issuing pretty steadily since then. San Diego County Gun Owners PAC seems to have convinced him.
.....
It could be politics since this is an election year and he is facing a pro shall issue CCW Dem who's also gay. Time will tell.

Now if that could be translated to the other counties..... :)

CAL.BAR 04-24-2018 9:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggss (Post 21530610)
You've "heard" wrong. Last summer you would have been right. You need to do some research on the forums here. Gore liberalized his stance late last year and has been issuing pretty steadily since then. San Diego County Gun Owners PAC seems to have convinced him.

Start here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1366165

and here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1400940

and here: https://sandiegocountygunowners.com/ccw/

It could be politics since this is an election year and he is facing a pro shall issue CCW Dem who's also gay. Time will tell.

Great to hear!

Paladin 04-24-2018 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisplacedTexan (Post 21562163)
Now if that could be translated to the other counties..... :)

If you want it for your county, you will have to fight for it locally. If you really need one, don't expect the GOP in D.C. (via national reciprocity) or SCOTUS to do the work for you. :oji:

What you really need is a viable challenger who's pro-CCW, like Myers in San Diego and Bob Lindsey in Los Angeles. The FEAR of losing their job as sheriff is what opens their minds to issuing CCWs.

It's too late for this year's elections (6 weeks from now), so find others in your county who are motivated, get organized, start an organization like they did in SD Co, and plan for the 2022 election.

Doheny 04-24-2018 4:23 PM

California is Mqy Issue, it's just that some counties issue for Self Defense. OC happens to issue liberally but you still need documentation to support your good cause. They're currently issuing at a 98% approval rate.

Don't kid yourself, everyone is just one election away from getting their permit yanked. Just asked the folks in OC who had theirs revoked when the current sheriff first took office.

With al


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.