Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Nevada,New Hampshire,Oregon,Utah,Florida Multi State CCW Class: 12-22-2010, Reno,NV (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=373292)

ArmsToBear 12-14-2010 10:31 PM

Nevada,New Hampshire,Oregon,Utah,Florida Multi State CCW Class: 12-22-2010, Reno,NV

Personal Protection (Initial) CCW Class:

This eight hour course is a basic through intermediate course that qualifies you to apply for a Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Florida and New Hampshire "Concealed Carry Permit". This is also a good course for developing your fundamental shooting skills to protect yourself and your home, whether or not you plan to obtain a license. We will cover firearms safety, state firearms law, the proper mindset for defending yourself, the levels of awareness, cover and concealment, and strategies to use during a violent attack. You will be shooting at a range for several hours while simulating violent encounters. The course includes range practice as well as responding to multiple armed assailants. This is the most comprehensive CCW preparation course available to private citizens in northern Nevada. Cost $95 (Nevada Only) Multi-State Add $25

You will learn:

* The rules of firearms safety
* Basic firearm knowledge (Semi-Auto & Revolver)
* Safe storage and handling of a firearm in ( home, auto etc)
* Basic ammunition knowledge (types, dangers, storage)
* Negligent discharge avoidance / maintaining control of your firearm
* Where you can and cannot legally carry a concealed firearm
* Laws relating to the use of non-lethal and lethal force (deadly force)
* When you are justified in using force to defend you or your family
* Properties of "Force Continuum" escalation of force
* About the "Survival Triad" of mindset, skill and tactics
* How to load, unload and clear most common malfunctions of your pistol
* How to become aware of your surroundings and spot potential crime
* Life strategies to avoid becoming a victim of violent crime
* Basic firearm stance, grip, trigger control, aiming techniques and shot placement
* Firearms selection (type, size, caliber, finish)
* Varying methods of concealed carry
* Cleaning, care and maintenance of your firearm
* Live Fire Scenarios: We teach you the right mindset, tactical skills and techniques to dominate a gun fight if you are ever attacked. With proper skills & mindset you might just stay alive.

Come Join Us,
Kevin Roth
Arms To Bear
1-888-212-7918 (Toll Free)
775-972-4337 (Office)
775-770-4961 (Cell)

Class Schedule Link:
[B][COLOR=DarkRed]http://www.armstobear.com/training-schedule/

Jack L 12-15-2010 1:43 AM

I was fortunate enough to take Kevin's CCW class last weekend during stellar weather conditions for the Reno/Sparks area. Kevin was wearing a polo shirt at the range to give you an idea how warm and still is was, perfect training weather.

I was very impressed with Kevin's professionalism. Qualifying with your handgun takes the least time, that is is you are familiar with shooting it. The tactical maneuvers Kevin set up were really educational and a great way to not only become more advanced in your skill level but a fun and positive way to work at each tactical scenario. I was amazed how much I learned and could take back with me to practice with. There was no down time. Every minute was utilized to it's maximum potential.

The didactic or classroom portion of Kevin's class was as interesting as it was educational. The legal and liability DVD's kept me focused on the large monitor screen. After all, how often does one get to watch and listen to district attorney's discuss justifiable homicide in detail? Another wake up call was actual footage of inmates in prison discussing how they fear the public when the public is well armed and well trained. None of the residential burglars wanted to go into any house where they knew the occupants were home and had firearms.

It's amazing how much knowledge, training, and skill one can learn in 8 hours by taking Kevin's CCW class. Myself, I'm going back for more advanced training in the coming months. The value is obvious and Kevin is one of the most proficient firearms educators in the state of Nevada.

Perhaps what really capped off a perfect experience in handgun training was when I went to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office to register for my Nevada State CCW license. The personnel working at the office are very courteous and helpful. If you are from California is will be like a night and day experience in comparison to many counties in CA. It's a real eye opener how friendly Nevada makes you feel when applying for your CCW permit. My license processor told me I was lucky to have Kevin as my teacher and I agreed without hesitation.

ArmsToBear 12-17-2010 12:46 PM

Jack, I just wanted to thank you for your very kind words. They are very humbling indeed. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and it was also educational for you. I look forward to seeing you again in the coming months for some more advanced training. Don't forget about the 4 day Citizen's Homeland Defense/Survival course coming up in the spring 5-19-22-2011. Have a great holiday season.

Kevin Roth
Arms To Bear

http://www.armstobear.com/my_files/Image/PICT0234.JPG

Saccityammo 01-05-2011 4:18 PM

Does nevada have a non-resident ccw?????

akoba 01-05-2011 6:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccityammo (Post 5561879)
Does nevada have a non-resident ccw?????

Go with Kevin in Reno (armstobear) . He can accomodate you in a 1 days class. Got my Nevada non-resident ccw thru him. Class & range time from 7am to 4pm . He then drive with me up to washoe county sheriff office . Done before 5pm.

Great guy !!!