Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Range Cleanups (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Glass Factory, Is It about Time Again? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=521546)

patobravo 02-09-2012 6:20 AM

Signs will be ready tomorrow, I'll place them this weekend.

Here's where my list of attendees stand, I've updated the head of this thread with this and am placing it here also, let me know if your status is incorrect:

Attendees
Committed:
Patobravo + 2
Gtturborex
Safooma
Rusty Scabbard
n6vmo
Deadbolt

Possibly:
One78Shovel + 1
ckprax
Spunger1
vintagearms
celticstorm
pinkyarcade
oeno
Which Way out
Tactical Plinker
escobar805

ckprax 02-09-2012 6:41 AM

I will be there.

gtturborex 02-09-2012 7:33 AM

I'll be a +1

When you head up to hang the sign make sure you check in with the fire station first to let them know who you are. It has already been cleared through their captain but just give them a heads up.

How are you planning on hanging it? You might need to bring a drill with you and either some bolts or heavy zipties.

patobravo 02-09-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtturborex (Post 8004989)
I'll be a +1

When you head up to hang the sign make sure you check in with the fire station first to let them know who you are. It has already been cleared through their captain but just give them a heads up.

How are you planning on hanging it? You might need to bring a drill with you and either some bolts or heavy zipties.

I'll bring a bunch of hardware to cover all eventualities, probably just screw it to the 4x4's though.

gtturborex 02-09-2012 11:29 AM

Tractor is booked and looks good to go. They will need to drop it off on Friday and pick it up on Monday since they don't work on the weekends. Larry is making sure this is ok with the fire dept now. He said it should be fine.

ckprax 02-09-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtturborex (Post 8006263)
Tractor is booked and looks good to go. They will need to drop it off on Friday and pick it up on Monday since they don't work on the weekends. Larry is making sure this is ok with the fire dept now. He said it should be fine.

Awesome, this clean up will be epic!

Since the range is closed should we leave our guns at home or can we have a private shoot after?

gtturborex 02-09-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckprax (Post 8006527)
Awesome, this clean up will be epic!

Since the range is closed should we leave our guns at home or can we have a private shoot after?

I'm bringing some guns. We should finish pretty quickly using the tractor I'm assuming. But, cleanup comes first since we have the extra resources available to us.

gtturborex 02-09-2012 12:50 PM

I sent out another PM with about ~20 people that have participated in cleanups in the past. Hopefully we get some more help.

John,

I used your PM from earlier with a few minor changes. I hope you don't mind:o

Ima2Avoter 02-09-2012 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtturborex (Post 8006741)
I sent out another PM with about ~20 people that have participated in cleanups in the past. Hopefully we get some more help.

John,

I used your PM from earlier with a few minor changes. I hope you don't mind:o

PM received, PM sent.
Checked my schedule and looks clear so far. Will tentatively say I'm in plus wifey. She can't clean up due to recent surgery, but could be a cheerleader or help do some cookin'? So we need anything special for this?

gtturborex 02-09-2012 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ima2Avoter (Post 8008041)
PM received, PM sent.
Checked my schedule and looks clear so far. Will tentatively say I'm in plus wifey. She can't clean up due to recent surgery, but could be a cheerleader or help do some cookin'? So we need anything special for this?

PM sent. It would be great to see you again out there. We could use someone to cook up the dogs if your wife is able.

patobravo 02-09-2012 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtturborex (Post 8006741)
John,

I used your PM from earlier with a few minor changes. I hope you don't mind:o

I just read it, gave me the tripiest sense of deja vu.

gtturborex 02-10-2012 6:46 AM

automatikdonn is in plus probably a few friends!

Thanks again

Deadbolt 02-10-2012 7:49 AM

so who do i push my 50$ on for the sign :rofl: someone take my money

dougolupski 02-10-2012 2:28 PM

Greeting from Korea! Just got into a wifi zone and saw the PM. I'm in again, i got another shovel and rake I will also be more than happy to stop and get a few more cases of water if we think we need it. I will see if I can get a few of my good for nothing friends to finally chip in. God i only hope its not as hot as it was in Oct.

Now off to my nice 13 hour flight for three hours at home then back off to Texas. See you guys in a few.

gtturborex 02-10-2012 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougolupski (Post 8013778)
Greeting from Korea! Just got into a wifi zone and saw the PM. I'm in again, i got another shovel and rake I will also be more than happy to stop and get a few more cases of water if we think we need it. I will see if I can get a few of my good for nothing friends to finally chip in. God i only hope its not as hot as it was in Oct.

Now off to my nice 13 hour flight for three hours at home then back off to Texas. See you guys in a few.

Great! Have a safe trip home!

patobravo 02-12-2012 2:04 PM

Updated participants, hung signs yesterday.

gtturborex 02-12-2012 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patobravo (Post 8024724)
Updated participants, hung signs yesterday.

Nice! Any pics?

patobravo 02-13-2012 3:11 PM

Went with standard size to get inna reasonable amount of time...
http://patobravo.smugmug.com/Other/m.../IMG6473-M.jpg

I placed one at the turn-off of 154 & East Camino (in front of the fire department), one by La Cumbre peak so if anyone comes up from Gibralter Rd. they'll see it (tried to get that one further down but only wanted to place it on a forest service sign post). And of course one at the site. They're on the thin side, hopefuly no one will decide to fold that one in half. After this clean-up i'll mount them to some plywood for added stiffness.

ckprax 02-14-2012 7:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patobravo (Post 8031617)
Went with standard size to get inna reasonable amount of time...
http://patobravo.smugmug.com/Other/m.../IMG6473-M.jpg

I placed one at the turn-off of 154 & East Camino (in front of the fire department), one by La Cumbre peak so if anyone comes up from Gibralter Rd. they'll see it (tried to get that one further down but only wanted to place it on a forest service sign post). And of course one at the site. They're on the thin side, hopefuly on one will decide to fold that one in half. After this clean-up i'll mount them to some plywood for added stiffness.

That looks great! Glad this is coming together. Did flyers get made and posted? I can post in Goleta and SB if it still needs to be done.

patobravo 02-14-2012 9:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckprax (Post 8035702)
That looks great! Glad this is coming together. Did flyers get made and posted? I can post in Goleta and SB if it still needs to be done.

I gave the PDF to Ranger Larry, I believe he was going to distribute some, if you'd like I can shoot you the PDF. If you're interested PM me an e-mail address.

gtturborex 02-14-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckprax (Post 8035702)
That looks great! Glad this is coming together. Did flyers get made and posted? I can post in Goleta and SB if it still needs to be done.

I put out some fliers at my local shop in lompoc

gtturborex 02-15-2012 12:08 PM

Got a call from Craig last night confirming we are a go with as many dumpsters as we can use. Thanks Marborg!!!

oeno 02-15-2012 12:51 PM

Hey guys I have to apologize but I will not be able to make it :(. Work has thrown me a curve ball and I am going to have to work that day. I will try my best for the next time.

Deadbolt 02-15-2012 1:31 PM

awesome job on the signage sirs :clap:


Im still def in for the 25th. At present I may have +2 or greater but please do not plan amenities for the additionals as they are night owls and 9am is not in their usual vocabulary lol

celticstorm 02-15-2012 6:08 PM

Every time I drive by the Glass Factory going 4-wheeling in my FJ... it makes me sick. Why the @#@#$@ can't people pick up after themselves!!! I might have to work the 25th but if I don't I will drag myself & my better half out of bed and we'll be there.

gtturborex 02-17-2012 1:30 PM

Venturasurf is in again +family!!!

Hopefully this isn't a punishment again:p

patobravo 02-20-2012 3:01 PM

Just got back from the Glass Factory with friends & sons. Either President's weekend is a big draw or folks heard about the clean-up and decided to haul more stuff up there as long as it was gonna get picked up next weekend, we were there Friday too and I swear there's half again more stuff. I pretty much reduced a plastic front lawn Santa Claus someone brought up to it's elemental form.

gtturborex 02-20-2012 8:14 PM

Let's get a final count by Friday afternoon so I know how much food to bring.

Deadbolt 02-21-2012 10:40 AM

Ole Man Deadbolt is in. Trying to russle up some interest in various groups im part of. Trying to convince some riding buddies to load up and come to the clean up then hit Divide afterward. A minimum of just me but im hoping for more, as mentioned, ill be sure to provide any craft services for my last minute jumpers

ckprax 02-21-2012 2:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patobravo (Post 8075563)
Just got back from the Glass Factory with friends & sons. Either President's weekend is a big draw or folks heard about the clean-up and decided to haul more stuff up there as long as it was gonna get picked up next weekend, we were there Friday too and I swear there's half again more stuff. I pretty much reduced a plastic front lawn Santa Claus someone brought up to it's elemental form.

I haven't been up there in awhile, as I was reading this I was hoping to read "out" rather than "up there". Disappointing to say the least.

See you guys Saturday, I am going to try and get there early and scrounge some brass before the work gets started.

gtturborex 02-24-2012 5:47 AM

Ok final count today. I will be heading to Costco around noon hopefully

dougolupski 02-24-2012 7:03 AM

Ok I'm sorry but I am out. I have to head out to Mexico City at midnight on Sunday. With just getting back from Korea and Texas the other week I just have to much to do.

Deadbolt 02-24-2012 7:37 AM

still in ! I'll be bringing some particulate masks for everyone as well :chris: :43:

gtturborex 02-24-2012 7:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadbolt (Post 8099044)
still in ! I'll be bringing some particulate masks for everyone as well :chris: :43:

Nice!

ckprax 02-24-2012 8:23 AM

I am in. I should have some rakes and shovels as always.

gtturborex 02-24-2012 3:09 PM

I picked up the hot dogs and waters. We are all ready for tomorrow.

Off to the Friends of the NRA dinner in Santa Maria. Hopefully I win a gun or two:43:

See everyone in the morning.

Mike

Ima2Avoter 02-24-2012 7:59 PM

Still coming with wifey, be there as soon as we can (definitely before 10am)

Somekindagenius 02-24-2012 9:20 PM

I'll be there hopefully before 9:30 with two people to help out.

ckprax 02-25-2012 5:27 AM

Im on my way now

Deadbolt 02-25-2012 7:27 AM

12miles by foot and 38 by bicycle this week and im a little behind schedule this am. Im on my way up now should be there by 930


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.