Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns LEOs (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Orange County ride along (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=585671)

WDE91 06-19-2012 10:25 AM

Orange County ride along

I am taking a criminology class this summer at Saddleback college and have the oppertunity to earn extra credit

One of the options that the professor has offered us it go for a ride along
Any LEO is fine

Would any local Calgunners who are also LEOs be willing to take me along on a ride along??

Thank you for your help
Joseph Kearns

friedokra 06-19-2012 6:51 PM

If you don't mind it being any LEO (Calgunner or not,) Irvine PD does ride alongs for Irvine residents and students (one of their reserves is a teacher.) Just go in and fill out a form and they'll do a quick background check and schedule you in. Most of their officers are quite friendly and talkative.

WDE91 06-19-2012 7:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friedokra (Post 8784122)
If you don't mind it being any LEO (Calgunner or not,) Irvine PD does ride alongs for Irvine residents and students (one of their reserves is a teacher.) Just go in and fill out a form and they'll do a quick background check and schedule you in. Most of their officers are quite friendly and talkative.

perfect
Thank you for the lead :)

color_copies 06-22-2012 2:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friedokra (Post 8784122)

No offense to IPD, but i feel a nap would be more with my time then an Irvine ride along. I know LAPD does ride alongs, just call up that division that your interested in.

bonehead04 06-22-2012 2:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by color_copies (Post 8801484)
No offense to IPD, but i feel a nap would be more with my time then an Irvine ride along. I know LAPD does ride alongs, just call up that division that your interested in.

Hey now. Maybe a hot soccer mom could lock herself out of her Range Rover and need police assistance.:rolleyes:

friedokra 06-24-2012 9:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonehead04 (Post 8801519)
Hey now. Maybe a hot soccer mom could lock herself out of her Range Rover and need police assistance.:rolleyes:

Reminds me of a time I was on an Irvine PD ridealong over 15 years ago where we stopped for a quick foot patrol of an apartment complex parking lot where vehicles had been burglarized a few days ago. A hot soccer mom drove to us and asked what was going on. The officer said it was just a quick check of the parking lot. She parked her car, "tidied up" inside her apartment, and ran back out and caught up with us to talk to the officer, walking and talking to him the whole time (ignoring the ride along...):rolleyes: