Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Ventura Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=293)
-   -   Blueline Guns & Ammo (Ventura) (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=641790)

TacticalPlinker 11-08-2012 3:43 PM

Blueline Guns & Ammo (Ventura)

[Posts deleted. You can interpret my words however you wish.]

RedMonkey 11-10-2012 6:35 PM

I was wondering the same myself...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedMonkey 11-10-2012 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDOG805 (Post 9699636)
I heard from a buddy of mine that theyre relocating.
Staying in ventura though but a dofferent location.
Not sure if its true...

Hope it's true. I've dealt with them a few times and it's was nice and smooth.

However, not having a sign stating so, phones not being answered and web site being down would seem to indicate otherwise.

RM

Edit: yes, their Facebook page says they are moving to a new location and will open up on December 10th.

lakersandguns 11-11-2012 10:27 AM

Good people out their at blue line. would of hated if they had gone out of business.

RedMonkey 11-11-2012 10:31 AM

Their Facebook page says they are moving to a new location and will open up on December 10th.

Pyrodyne 11-16-2012 8:57 PM

Their new location will be around eastman and market as I've been told.

Moving Chicane 11-17-2012 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker (Post 9707042)
In fact, guess their business is doing so well, they needed to move.

Unfortunately that is not so true....Now don't get me wrong, I went there several times and liked the shop and guys (and gals) a ton! But I've been told the "old" site was just too much overhead and there were a lot of toys in there that didn't necessarily sell well. So they are relocating.

They got their email list together mid/late this year, and the website tied into one of those national dealership things, so perhaps some strong marketing for the new store will help them get the word out and drive increased business.

Sosoomi 11-22-2012 8:26 PM

I was in there one of the last days open.... Shelves were down and no stock.... Guy told me they were relocating but had also applied for a different license .... They applied and then got a call that said..oh by the way...no gun sales for you til the new license is issued!

Guy said that was the reason for the move now....will reopen around Dec 10.

slowZ28 11-25-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrodyne (Post 9738721)
Their new location will be around eastman and market as I've been told.

I heard that too.

far from tactical 11-27-2012 9:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowZ28 (Post 9787602)
I heard that too.

If there moveig around that area here going to be close to WD's gun shop or close to it

vintagearms 11-27-2012 9:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by far from tactical (Post 9799739)
If there moveig around that area here going to be close to WD's gun shop or close to it

Thats what I was thinking. Somewhat close to IVE as well.

far from tactical 11-29-2012 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagearms (Post 9799798)
Thats what I was thinking. Somewhat close to IVE as well.

The closer the better only reason I say that is cause your able to drive to all 3 shops and compare prices on Guns to find the lowest price

Skidfive 11-30-2012 10:29 PM

/

I personally will only go there if I know the owner is there. he helped me out a while back with the purchase of a gun and 5000 rounds.

one of the employees there is absolutely terrible at everything customer service related. He made comments on drivers license pictures that I overheard, talking crap to a customer who brought in a trade with a slight surface rust on one of the magazines. Talking crap that the gun was left handed. Just overall rude and rather obnoxious.

but, that is just my opinion, I think they would do better if that employee was not there.

Simply115 12-01-2012 10:57 PM

Apparently moving. They took down their website and all, which is odd. Hopefully moving will cause them to carry more BP supplies and suck a little less.

Sent from the Realms Of The Haunting :73:

Skidfive 12-02-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker (Post 9830757)
Do you know which employee it was?

They seem to have hired several newer people over the last few months and I don't have faith in any of them. The good news is they don't seem to last more than a few weeks.

I'm not sure what Rob is doing. I guess it's hard to find good help these days, but as I said newer employees don't seem to last so I'm sure Rob is aware of their personality and their actions (voice)...

The bigger guy "DW" is a bit "odd", but he's good guy. I haven't seen him lately though, not sure if he's still there.

Rob's daughter and wife often work there as well. Judgement is "still out" on them because I have respect for Rob.

They need to get on Calguns. I'll have to talk with Rob next time I see him (after they reopen).

I believe it was the DW guy. Just because of him I dont go there anymore, just more of a personal annoyance then anything.

Again, I really enjoyed my time with the owner though, wish all my experiences were like that.

shaunsational 12-06-2012 4:57 PM

DW is in fact gone, for reasons that couldn't be said. Personally I had a good experience with him and he gave good advice when I was buying a shotgun from them. I just went by today and was sad that they had "closed", but its good to hear they are re-opening!

Apparently I am not connected to them on facebook because I couldn't find any indication of what was going on which is why I'm here now :)

BraveUlysses 12-10-2012 5:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker (Post 9887692)
Anyone have an update on this? Are is Blueline stll opening tomorrow/today December 10th? I don't use Facebook.

I did drive up and down Eastman a few minutes this afternoon on my way home from Ventura, but didn't see a sign or anything that gave me an indication of their new location.

Their website is still down too.

They have moved into their new location but as of last week weren't quite complete with setting everything up yet. They were almost done.

crazysan 12-12-2012 10:15 PM

I'd like to know that has happen to them too.

RedMonkey 12-13-2012 6:44 PM

Checked their FB page. There's no info on it. In fact, I couldn't see the message saying that they were gonna temporarily close the store.

vintagearms 12-13-2012 6:59 PM

I friended them on FB. I'll post here what info I find if any...

soccerstar1281@gmail.com 12-24-2012 7:29 AM

Blueline

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker (Post 9830757)
Do you know which employee it was?

They seem to have hired several newer people over the last few months and I don't have faith in any of them. The good news is they don't seem to last more than a few weeks.

I'm not sure what Rob is doing. I guess it's hard to find good help these days, but as I said newer employees don't seem to last so I'm sure Rob is aware of their personality and their actions (voice)...

The bigger guy "DW" is a bit "odd", but he's good guy. I haven't seen him lately though, not sure if he's still there.

Rob's daughter and wife often work there as well. Judgement is "still out" on them because I have respect for Rob.

They need to get on Calguns. I'll have to talk with Rob next time I see him (after they reopen).

First off,

Blueline will be opening up as soon as issues are cleared and this is his daughter. Second off, Let me say that his wife and daughter do not need your judgement whether you are a loyal customer or not. My dad has kicked people out of his store for things less then what you just said. Third off, Marines, which im going to guess you are prior from your dont tread on me picture, do not talk bad about other marines, former and current, no matter if they Are in the Marine Corps or just in the Military. So while you sit there wondering when this gun shop is opening up again, and I am in Afghanistan on Christmas away from my family making sure you and your family are safe, rethink this post and the way you speak to people and about people on this website. Thanks.
-Chelsie

shaunsational 12-24-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerstar1281@gmail.com (Post 10003935)
First off,

Blueline will be opening up as soon as issues are cleared

Thanks for the update Chelsie.. it's easy for rumors to be spread when nothing is coming from the only people it should be.

Tell your dad if he wants help putting up a basic website that just gives a "no we arent gone for good, we will reopen when..." id be happy to do it for the shop, they have helped me out a lot :)

RedMonkey 12-24-2012 8:41 PM

Chelsie,

Thanks for the update. I look forward to BL opening back up.

A thousand times thank you for your service to our nation. Merry Christmas!

RM

short 12-26-2012 1:42 PM

Good deal, Chelsie. Was sort of concerned there, with the minor "glitch" you guys encountered. Your dad, and all the employees, we're always helpful. Ignore the bad comments, comes with the territory, you know? Hope your deployment is successful and you come home soon. Godspeed. Take care.
From someone who's "been there".
The coach.

artoaster 01-02-2013 8:48 AM

I'm checking in to see if there was any updates to note and I can't help but note post #19 is judgemental even if the author wants to say it's not.

The way I read it is the author has no faith in store's employees and while he has respect for owner Robb he had to state in his message that he hasn't yet "judged" the wife and daughter to meet his standard of "faith" in employees.

Unnecessary.

lakersandguns 01-02-2013 9:38 PM

Good luck out their in afghan chelsie.
Cant wait to spend some money at blue line

1lowluv 01-02-2013 9:56 PM

They have always been good to me at blueline, DW wasn't sure of the law a lot of times, but other than that I love the place and can't wait for them to open back up

bryanrmt 01-07-2013 2:09 PM

This is where I got my 1st gun. I'm one of you guys who are waiting for them to open again. Im ready for another gun....

Bluelineammo 01-21-2013 4:52 AM

Hi All
It has been a little bit of time, sorry for the inconvenience to all.
The new address is;
5755 Valentine Rd # 203
Same Phone
But no time to answer it still setting up the new place. I have been get
e-mail for items I have in stock, that is the best for me so I can get back to everyone. Thanks for all the support over the past 3 years. Thanks Rob

far from tactical 01-21-2013 12:35 PM

Wow good to hear ur back ..... Have to stop by and look around

Center Fire 01-21-2013 3:56 PM

Blueline Guns & Ammo.

New Address:
5755 Valentine Road.
Ventura, Ca. 93003
Suite # 203
Phone: 805-339-9480

:excl:
Be aware. Location comes upon you quickly. If you're going south on Victoria. Under over pass turn right. QUICK right again. Building is on the corner just before the 101 south bound entry. Blink and you missed it...:eek:

Met the owner only once. As a new customer. Nice guy IMO.

Beancounter 01-23-2013 8:56 PM

It is in fact the same Blueline and the same Rob. He is carrying different hours as he is and does still have a full time job. He will get back to emails and phone messages as quick as possible and I believe his hours are 4-6ish weekdays and all day Saturday. I'm sure this is to cut down overhead and give us all better deals. I suppose I should get back in here a bit more often.

Bluelineammo 01-24-2013 1:57 AM

To all
The new hours are going to be sort I have a full time job. The hours are going to be Mon- Wednesday
-Friday 4pm-6pm and Saturday 9-3:30
Any can e-mail for a price or to see if it in stock The phone at the shop is on but the answering machine I don’t have enough time to do it all so e-mail is the best.
Sorry for any inconvenience Thanks Rob.

Bluelineammo 01-24-2013 9:22 PM

blueline991@aol.com

lakersandguns 01-24-2013 10:49 PM

Im glad to hear you guys are back. Cant wait to stop by and spend some money.

shaunsational 01-30-2013 8:15 AM

New Address

5755 Valentine Rd #203
Hour M-F 4pm to 6pm
Sat 9am-3:30pm

shaunsational 01-30-2013 8:16 AM

oh im slow :D sorry for the double post

Daryl Dixon 02-03-2013 10:13 PM

Hey Rob, great to hear you are back in business. I've stopped by the building once or twice when I heard you guys might be moving there, but now that I know when, I'll see you soon.

Bluelineammo 02-04-2013 12:43 PM

Hi All
We will be at the shop m-f 4pm -6pm This saturday 9th and 10th will be at show. I will have a table with 50% off items. There will be 8 a/r at the table. Thanks :79:

Bluelineammo 02-12-2013 8:38 AM

Federal agency has now acquired enough bullets to wage 30 year war
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 7, 2013
The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

A solicitation posted yesterday on the Fed Bid website details how the bullets are required for the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico.
The solicitation asks for 10 million pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds) and 10 million 9mm 115 grain jacketed hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds).
The document also lists a requirement for 1.6 million pistol cartridge 9mm ball bullets (40 quantities of 40,000 rounds).
An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion. In March 2012, ATK announced that they had agreed to provide the DHS with a maximum of 450 million bullets over four years, a story that prompted questions about why the feds were buying ammunition in such large quantities. In September last year, the federal agency purchased a further 200 million bullets.
To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years.
Such massive quantities of ammo purchases have stoked fears that the agency is preparing for some kind of domestic unrest. In 2011, Department of Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement to prepare for a mass influx of immigrants into the United States, calling for the plan to deal with the “shelter” and “processing” of large numbers of people.
The federal agency’s primary concern is now centered around thwarting “homegrown terrorism,” but information produced and used by the DHS to train its personnel routinely equates conservative political ideology with domestic extremism.
A study funded by the Department of Homeland Security that was leaked last year characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.
In August 2012, the DHS censored information relating to the amount of bullets purchased by the federal agency on behalf of Immigration & Customs Enforcement, citing an “unusual and compelling urgency” to acquire the bullets, noting that there is a shortage of bullets which is threatening a situation that could cause “substantial safety issues for the government” should law enforcement officials not be adequately armed.
As we highlighted last month, the DHS’ previous ammunition solicitation was awarded to Evian Group, an organization that was formed just five days before the announcement of the solicitation and appeared to be little more than a front organization since it didn’t have a genuine physical address, a website, or even a phone number.
While Americans are being browbeaten with rhetoric about the necessity to give up semi-automatic firearms in the name of preventing school shootings, the federal government is arming itself to the teeth with both ammunition and guns. Last September, the DHS purchased no less than 7,000 fully automatic assault rifles, labeling them “Personal Defense Weapons.”
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.