Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Competition, Action Shooting And Training. (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Front Sight Members Check In Here! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=518454)

acegunnr 01-03-2012 2:24 PM

Front Sight Members Check In Here!

I have created a NEW Front Sight Members Check-In Here thread to take the place of this original thread that has lasted 10 years and you can find it here:

NEW Front Sight Members Check In-Here

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1772437

This original thread has gotten too large and buggy causing multiple posts and slowdowns.

***Mods please lockdown this thread for future posting so that everyone will use the New Thread in its place and we can still refer to this old thread for historical reference.***

Also, there is a new poll! :D

Thanks, everyone for your support. Hopefully, the NEW thread will last as long as this original even with the latest Front Sight restructuring drama.:facepalm:

Helpful Front Sight CalGuns Links

Opinions on Front Sight Training Institute

Front Sight Class Tips and Advice

Front Sight - 2/4 Day Tactical Shotgun Class

PAHRUMP HOTELS?

Front Sight Rangemasters

Some equipment questions for Front Sight rifle class

front sight cost?

Front Sight-Driving from Nor Cal

A little gear advice for Frontsight 4 day practical rifle.

FrontSight 4 Day Hand Gun Class Review + CCW

Front Sight 2 day skill builder 5-29-13 AAR

Has anyone taken the Front Sight Armorer Classes?

Frontsight practical rifle

Back from Front Sight Tactical Shotgun Class

Front Sights New News, the good and the bad!!

Front Sight 4 Day Handgun Review

another FrontSight holster question

Why is Front Sight pushing sooo hard to upgrade members to Ambassador?

Front Sight Training $200 Deal

Front Sight Ambassador Membership

Reviews of Front Sight from people that have attended other training

Belt Setup

Offering 1 free Front Sight membership

How Much Ammo Is Required For Front Sight Shotgun Class?

Front Sight & Thumbs up Grip

Front Sight bound next week

Front Sight post

Anybody been out to Front Sight, in NV?

Affordable Slug & 00 Buckshot Ammo For 4 day class

Frontsight!

Heading to Front Sight...Should I get gloves?

Advice on gear for 4 Day Defensive Handgun Course @ Front Sight

Frontsight 4-day with "the family"

No Tula or Wolf Pistol Ammo at Front Sight

Looking for hints/tips re: the 4-day handgun course at Frontsight

Rifle Course ~ Frontsight Gun Training

First trip to Frontsight

Ammo for Front Sight

Yet another Front Sight review - just got back

Front Sight Firearm Training Institute ~ Any Tips?

Advice for Front Sight - What to bring?

front sight next week , any advice?

Front Sight tips?

Just got back from the Frontsight Instructor Course

FrontSight: everything you were ever afraid to ask...

How do they score shotgun at FrontSight?

frontsight yearly background check question

Your Thoughts On Front Sight Diamond Membership

Gunsite vs. Frontsight - Which is Better?

NRA Gives Frontsight & Piazza The Boot?

My Front Sight experience

LOTS OF PHOTOS - 4 Day Hand Gun Course at Front Sight

YouTube Front Sight 4 Day Handgun Training course V-Log by the LateBoyScout

Google Play Link for Sartuga Dry Practice Drill App

Good write up Front Sight Courses

YELP Review on Front Sight

Front Sight FAQ

WEATHER AT FRONT SIGHT

Month, Avg High, Avg Low, Mean, Avg Precipitation

Jan 58°F 30°F 44°F 0.70 in.
Feb 62°F 34°F 48°F 0.90 in.
Mar 69°F 40°F 55°F 0.63 in.
Apr 76°F 46°F 61°F 0.30 in.
May 85°F 55°F 70°F 0.17 in.
Jun 95°F 63°F 79°F 0.08 in.
Jul 101°F 69°F 85°F 0.40 in.
Aug 99°F 67°F 83°F 0.44 in.
Sep 93°F 59°F 76°F 0.32 in.
Oct 81°F 47°F 64°F 0.26 in.
Nov 67°F 36°F 52°F 0.37 in.
Dec 58°F 29°F 44°F 0.57 in.

On average, the warmest month is July.
On average, the coolest month is December.
The maximum average precipitation occurs in February.

Front Sight Armory

Latest Ammo Prices at Front Sight and Pahrump:

http://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/index.html

Corporate Headquarters:
1 Front Sight Road
Pahrump, NV 89061
Phone (inside the US): 800.987.7719
Phone: 702.837.7433
FAX: 855.271.0852
Email: info@frontsight.com
register@frontsight.com
Employment:
FAX: 855.271.0852
Email: employment@frontsight.com

Front Sight Pro Shop:
Renting firearms for a Front Sight course can be done at the Front Sight Pro Shop website.
Email: contact@frontsightproshop.com
Front Sight Class Administration:
Signing up for courses can be done at the My Front Sight website.
Email: register@frontsight.com

Gun and Equipment Rental Information
Coming Soon! Rental reservations will soon be available via your myfrontsight.com account. This feature is expected to be activated soon. The frontsightproshop.com website has been discontinued. Some info remains on the website, but you can no longer reserve rentals online until the new system is active on myfrontsight.com. Until then, please call the concierge department at 800-987-7719 to reserve your rentals. They are available 7 days/week, 8a-6p PST.
Ammunition is NOT included with your rental package! If you are renting a gun from Front Sight we require the use of ammunition purchased through the Ammo Bunker at Front Sight. You can contact the Ammo Bunker for pricing and pre-purchase. Go to the Ammo Bunker's webpage for more information. Electronic ears are required for all firearms courses and may be added to any rental package or rented separately when at Front Sight.
The following rental packages are available for Front Sight courses. These packages will eventually be available via this site. For now, you can reserve these packages via frontsightproshop.com.

2-Day Handgun + 1-Day CCW Gun and Gear Package - from $100
2-Day Handgun Gun and Gear Package - from $100
2-Day Handgun Handgun Skill-Builder Gun and Gear Package - from $100
4-Day Handgun + 1-Day CCW Gun and Gear Package - from $200
4-Day Handgun Gun and Gear Package - from $200
2 and 4-Day Practical Rifle Gun and Gear Package - from $200
2 and 4-Day Tactical Shotgun Gun and Gear Package - from $200
2-Day Rifle Skill-Builder Gun and Gear Package - from $100
2-Day Shotgun Skill-Builder Gun and Gear Package - from $100
2 and 4-Day Select-Fire M-16 Gun and Gear Package - from $100
2 and 4-Day Uzi Submachine Gun Gun and Gear Package - from $100
Electronic Hearing Protection
Each rental package includes:

Weapon of your choice, appropriate to the course you are taking
Holster (please specify right or left hand), if taking a handgun course
(3) magazines for your weapon
Magazine or ammunition carrier appropriate for your weapon
Magazine loader if appropriate to your weapon
Eye protection
Practice replica weapon, if appropriate to your course
Belt, if appropriate to your course
Carrying case for your rental kit
Important:
Front sight credit cannot be applied to sales tax. Front Sight will charge 7.6% Nevada Sales Tax to your credit card.
A 25% restocking fee will be applied to all orders cancelled within the 14 days prior to the start of the course start.
Membership discount can only be applied to guns and rental gear to be USED by the owner of that membership. Membership discounts cannot be applied to guns and rental gear to be used by others.
Membership discounts are calculated after the order has been submitted. You will be charged the discounted price. If you are using Front Sight credits then your membership discount will not apply.
If you rent one of Front Sight's weapons, you are required to purchase your ammunition from the Ammo Bunker. You may not bring your own ammunition.

jtstech 01-03-2012 8:29 PM

Hi,
Im a fs diamond member. I have not
had a chance to make it out there yet. It would be good to coordinate a trip and possibly rent a house for the week. I have found a few searching the web. I purchased several more AKD memberships new years eve after a few too many...scared I would miss out if it truly is the final offer.

ZombieTactics 01-03-2012 8:33 PM

Membership Type: Diamond with Alaska
Courses Taken: Lots
Next Course: 4DDH - Taking new (wife, daughter, brother-in-law, nephew) members out for first time
Comments: I have a few Diamonds available if anyone needs one.

Bert Gamble 01-03-2012 9:04 PM

Membership Type: Diamond
Membership Date: March 2011
Courses Taken: 4DDH 3 times (Graduate) 4DTS (Distinguished Graduate)
Next Course: 4DDH with son (30 March 2012)

Comments:
I love this place. I am not advanced enough to tell if FS is good for advanced students, but I can tell you that a lot of the people who I see there think that they are advanced, but find out that they are not. One guy last time thought he was all that and a bag of chips, but could not clear a malfunction to save his life. I need to find a way to pick up 7 points (twice I lost 20 points and you can only lose 13 and DG) so I can DG and try out the advanced class.

I hope we can arrange a CalGuns trip. That would be a lot of fun.

I also bought a few Diamonds since they might actually be a thing of the past.

DRM6000 01-04-2012 10:24 PM

Membership Date: 2008
Courses Taken: 4D Defensive HG (x2), 4D Prac Rifle (x3), 4D Prac Rifle Night (x2) 2D Rifle Skill Builder, 4D Tac SG, 4D Adv Prac Rifle (x3), 2D Adv Tac HG (x2), PR1 (x4), PR2
Next Course: PR1

QQQ 01-04-2012 10:57 PM

Membership Date: SEP 2011
Courses Taken: 4DDH-Graduate, 2D Handgun Skill Builder-Graduate (just did this course a couple days ago)
Next Course: 4DTS (ASAP)
Comments: I am certain that the business model is completely unsustainable and that the full resort will never be built. However, I'm milking as much out of the membership as I can and so far, I have no complaints. I can't comment on how it compares with other programs but the price is right.

acegunnr 01-05-2012 4:10 PM

A Taste of Front Sight

acegunnr 01-06-2012 10:23 AM

john.t.singh 01-06-2012 1:23 PM

Membership Date: Nov 2011
Courses Taken: None yet
Next Course: None Yet
Comments: Haven't gotten a chance to take time off work to go. If anyone in the SD or So Cal area would like to plan a road trip, I would love to participate. Splitting the cost of gas and having someone in the car for the 6+ hour drive would be nice.

Tripper 01-06-2012 1:29 PM

would anyone be interested in a Google Calendar of Front Sight 2012 Courses

Tripper 01-06-2012 10:08 PM

Let me know what ya'll think about this

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...ca/Los_Angeles

I can probably set it up for letting people add themselves to the schedule, as an appointment for a class, not sure if thats possible without sharing it with specific persons though.

if its missing any class, please let me know i finished it a while back when i noticed the calendar was posted on their site. it may very well have changed since then

Bert Gamble 01-06-2012 10:33 PM

Google is too powerfull. I opened your calander and it was in Portugeuse. How does it know where I am and change the language?

Time for the tin foil hat.

Tripper 01-06-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Gamble (Post 7798488)
Google is too powerfull. I opened your calander and it was in Portugeuse. How does it know where I am and change the language?

Time for the tin foil hat.

lol, google is everywhere watching you

chefjef 01-07-2012 8:05 AM

Membership Type: Diamond Alaska
Membership Date: 2011
Courses Taken: none yet
Next Course: 4DDH
Comments: hoping for a trip there in March or May
:38:

dave3223 01-07-2012 8:18 AM

Membership Type: Diamond w/$2,000.00 Store Credit (chose this over Alaska due to never planning to go to Alaska)
Membership Date: August 2008
Courses Taken: 4DDH (Graduate), 2-Day Handgun Skill Builder (Graduate), Advanced Tactical Handgun
Next Course: 2 day Skill Builder, 2-day Shotgun
Comments: To those that have never gone yet but plan to stay in Pahrump when taking a class, make sure that you make your reservations at a hotel as soon as you plan to schedule classes. Remember, the Best Western will allow you to cancel a room up to 24 hours from the date of your arrival so you can make a reservation even when you thinking about scheduling your classes.

dave3223

Quote:

Originally Posted by acegunnr (Post 7775933)
OK with the recent Final Final membership drive, I thought it would be nice to see who the Front Sight members on CalGuns are. Please post the following info:

Membership Date: Dec 2011
Next Course: 4DDH -Jan/Feb timeframe
Comments: Can't wait to check the place out! Who wants to organize a Calguns/Front Sight road trip?

LCU1670 01-07-2012 12:06 PM

Membership Type: Diamond Elite with Alaska
Membership Date: 2006
Courses Taken: VERY many
Next Course: May: precision rifle 1
Comments: Always look forward to going to FS. They do a geat job. Like the staff, miss some of the instructors from the Old Days! :oji:

CriticallyStressed 01-07-2012 12:07 PM

Membership type: Diamond
Membership date: January 2011
Courses taken: 4-day Defensive Handgun (Graduate), 4-day Practical Rifle (Graduate), 2-day Advanced Tactical Handgun
Next course: 4-day Defensive Handgun (Taking my dad out for his first time at FS).
Comments: Hoping to make it out in March or April for the 4DDH.

Pandanin 01-07-2012 12:26 PM

Membership Date: May, 2011
Courses taken: 2-day defensive handgun, 4-day defensive handgun, 4-day practical rifle, 2-day rifle skillbuilder
Next course: Checking the schedule, just got back yesterday from 2-day rifle skill builder.
Comments: I haven't met an instructor I didn't like. I stay in Vegas at the Silverton. It's a 45-minute drive and there's a huge Bass Pro Shops attached. It's awesome.

Bert Gamble 01-07-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CriticallyStressed (Post 7800748)
Membership type: Diamond
Membership date: January 2011
Courses taken: 4-day Defensive Handgun (Graduate), 4-day Practical Rifle (Graduate), 2-day Advanced Tactical Handgun
Next course: 4-day Defensive Handgun (Taking my dad out for his first time at FS).
Comments: Hoping to make it out in March or April for the 4DDH.

Just curious. I thought you had to DG to be eligible for the Advanced Tactical. I am going to sign up for it and see if they will let me in with just a Graduate certificate. They didn't give you any hassle?

dave3223 01-07-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Gamble (Post 7803817)
Just curious. I thought you had to DG to be eligible for the Advanced Tactical. I am going to sign up for it and see if they will let me in with just a Graduate certificate. They didn't give you any hassle?

To answer your question... yes, you do have to DG to take Advanced Tactical NOW (in 2012). Before (in 2011 and before), you could take the class with only Graduate. Good luck trying, but you may find that they will not allow you to take the class when you arrive.

dave3223

CriticallyStressed 01-07-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave3223 (Post 7803850)
To answer your question... yes, you do have to DG to take Advanced Tactical NOW (in 2012). Before (in 2011 and before), you could take the class with only Graduate. Good luck trying, but you may find that they will not allow you to take the class when you arrive.

dave3223

This is correct. I signed up and took the class last year before the new rules went in to effect.

Bert Gamble 01-07-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CriticallyStressed (Post 7803893)
This is correct. I signed up and took the class last year before the new rules went in to effect.

That sucks. I need to make up 7 points somehow (Droped 20 last time). I just can't seem to get enough COC shots in. Always 1/2 inch low.

CriticallyStressed 01-07-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Gamble (Post 7803915)
That sucks. I need to make up 7 points somehow (Droped 20 last time). I just can't seem to get enough COC shots in. Always 1/2 inch low.

Copious amounts of perfect dry practice will help. My wife and I run the drills on the skills test using the "par" function of our shot timer, this helps too. (we bought a bunch of targets from the pro shop previously in order to help with dry/live practice).

DiscoBayJoe 01-07-2012 11:02 PM

Picked up a Diamond w/Alaska last year. I've worn the hat twice, have not booked a class yet. Work this last year was crazy. I hope to change that this year!

terry4130 01-08-2012 1:41 PM

Me and my brother were in the 4DDH class in those videos. The class stared on dec 19th 2011. We were on range A and also rifle range 10. It was so much fun and a great learning experience. All the instructors were great people and extremely helpful. Me and my brother both got graduate in the course. I'm not sure how many points I got, but on paper I only got 9 points deducted (lost focus for three shots). I am interested in learning about getting a membership if possible. Any info will help. Thanks

roushstage3 01-08-2012 2:29 PM

Diamond Membership as well as my Daughter. I am not sure how long they will stay in buisness, but going to take advantage of it while I can. I also have Diamond memberships available. If you haven't gone it is worth the trip.

We have gone several times. 4DDH (twice) (Graduate) 2DH Skill builder twice (Graduate and DG) AdvTactical.

I was told as long as you took either the 2DDH of 4DDH plus a skill builder you could take the Adv Tactical class.

That was what I did last year, before I DG. They have you shoot the test before starting the class. As long as you showed proficency, they let you continue.

DRM6000 01-08-2012 3:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roushstage3 (Post 7806516)
That was what I did last year, before I DG. They have you shoot the test before starting the class. As long as you showed proficency, they let you continue.

I took the class last week and that's what they do. Some students were really questionable with their shooting. The instructors deliberated for 5-10 min. They let them through because everyone was safe and the shooting could be worked on.

Sillyguy 01-08-2012 4:55 PM

If I'm current diamond could I buy a diamond Alaska and upgrade?

himurax13 01-09-2012 3:49 PM

Courses Taken: None at the moment.

I hope to make at least one trip this year but I just took a new job and I will most likely be worked like a 2 dollar whore for years to come :(.

Does anyone know what their initial inspection of your equipment entails? Do they have issues with trigger jobs and such?

dave3223 01-09-2012 5:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himurax13 (Post 7812846)
Courses Taken: None at the moment.

Does anyone know what their initial inspection of your equipment entails? Do they have issues with trigger jobs and such?

The inspection simply involves several dry fires of your weapon to see how smooth the trigger is. Yes, I have had a trigger job on one of my guns that I frequently use at Frontsight and I have not had any major issues. Yes, the person conducting the inspection had acknowledged that they saw that I had a trigger job, but they never had a problem with it. Hope this helps you. If you can't get to a 4-day class, try a 2-day class instead as this may work better for your schedule.

dave3223

jackofall 01-09-2012 6:18 PM

Anyone have a Diamond they want to sell after the clearance sale at the end of the year?
Wish I would have thought about checking on here before buying through my friend. lol

Membership Type: Sentinel
Next Course: 4DDH -Jan 20
Comments:

Workmantm 01-09-2012 7:00 PM

Membership Date: Nov 2011
Courses taken: None yet

EDIT: I upgraded my Girlfriend, My son, and myself to Diamond with Alaska. Thank you to all who made offers.

LibertyChief 01-09-2012 10:45 PM

Membership Type: Diamond Alaska
Next Course: 4DDH - Feb 24
Comments: Very exited to get started! I'd like to get the courses in to be able to take the 2DATN Jun 30. I know it is ambitious, and it'd be a lot easier to share the driving costs & responsibilities with someone that'd be interested in accomplishing the same. The schedule could be as follows:

2/24 - 4DDH
4/6 - 2DATH
6/30 - 2DATHN

Anyone interested?

LibertyChief 01-09-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripper (Post 7798401)
I can probably set it up for letting people add themselves to the schedule, as an appointment for a class, not sure if thats possible without sharing it with specific persons though.

That'd be killer. Would probably make planning group trips and carpooling much easier. Perhaps there is some kind of shared calendar function that the forum could make available for this purpose...

rkt88edmo 01-09-2012 11:27 PM

This thread is relevant to our interests

tonelar 01-09-2012 11:45 PM

Next Course: 4DDH -right after SHOT
Comments:

freonr22 01-09-2012 11:59 PM

Since front site is a commercial venture, and many people make a profit on it, any thoughts about them paying for a sponsor ship? I mean free publicity is one thing. But the spam is ridiculous

rkt88edmo 01-10-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acegunnr (Post 7815757)
I asked Brandon for a formal CGF response to base our email response to FS and other members. Too much vitriol and wasted energy in that thread and wish they would just come out with factual talking points...sigh.

I don't expect any of that to affect the FS decision making, but I agree it would be more useful for talking to general members and the voting public if it should come to that, which i hope it does not.

But, by design, anything to do with FS generally is a poopstorm on the interwebz.

rkt88edmo 01-10-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freonr22 (Post 7815822)
Since front site is a commercial venture, and many people make a profit on it, any thoughts about them paying for a sponsor ship? I mean free publicity is one thing. But the spam is ridiculous

I dunno, but I would advise against it, taking FS money wouldn't be net benefit to CGN IMO.

freonr22 01-10-2012 12:04 AM

I figured as much. I was kinda making a point maybe rhetorically