Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Join the NRA Today , For Free ! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=680410)

gao1976 01-16-2013 8:37 AM

Join the NRA Today , For Free !

Get one year member ship for $25 and receive a $25 Bass Pro gift card . IMHO everyone should join now .

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...gnID=bassprowy

winnre 01-16-2013 8:58 AM

And they will SPAM you to no end, then sell your address to third parties. Don't believe me? Use a fake middle initial and watch now much mail comes to you with that initial in your name.

Maybe if they had an OPT OUT button on the page....

rodeoflyer 01-16-2013 9:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 10226494)
And they will SPAM you to no end, then sell your address to third parties. Don't believe me? Use a fake middle initial and watch now much mail comes to you with that initial in your name.

Truer words never spoken.

I just renewed anyway, but dammit they piss me off.

gao1976 01-16-2013 9:14 AM

Quote:

I do not like some stuff they did in the past either, but now , we have no other choice , because they are the largest .

USMC VET 01-16-2013 9:17 AM

It happens but would you rather have spam and be armed or a little spam and disarmed.

C'mon now the delete button is pretty accessible for spam emails...not a reason not to join

DMan8 01-16-2013 9:23 AM

quick question, I signed up for this 2 weeks ago. Was I supposed to receive anything in the mail? like my gift card or something? I havent got anything yet. I signed up for the electronic magazine so i'm not expecting those

USMC VET 01-16-2013 9:24 AM

It's going to take a few weeks for everything to come. Took mine about 5weeks

scrubb 01-16-2013 9:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodeoflyer (Post 10226601)
Truer words never spoken.

I just renewed anyway, but dammit they piss me off.

Call them up and ask for "do not promote" option. I never have any junk mail from them.

noseyparker2u 01-16-2013 9:59 AM

I have been a member of the NRA for a long time now. I get mail, but I don't get a lot of junk mail, and none that I know of from my association with the NRA. I get”letters and such” from the NRA and a fairly decent magazine. I also get a couple of million people who think like I do, infused with some legal experts and lobbyist who have managed to put pressure on the political elite in Washington to stop them from doing some really stupid s@#&%. I think its a bargain and a major benefit. I just wish Charleston Heston was still around.

hawk1 01-16-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

This was completely unnecessary. Stay classy.
When we're in a dogfight to keep our rights protected, we don't need those that can't handle such a small task to dictate what the NRA is.

hermosabeach 01-16-2013 10:20 AM

Junk Mail

Quote:

As a Life Member and an Instructor- I get ZERO JUNK MAIL and no phone calls...

Ask them when you enroll to opt out for all marketing preferences.....

I cannot believe people are on a gun forum and will not support the NRA....

this makes me sad
:beatdeadhorse5:

toyzilla 01-16-2013 10:27 AM

Done!!

rodeoflyer 01-16-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk1 (Post 10227265)
When we're in a dogfight to keep our rights protected, we don't need those that can't handle such a small task to dictate what the NRA is.

When we need every dues paying individual we can get to support our cause - it's foolish to push people away.

Nobody's trying to dictate anything.

hawk1 01-16-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodeoflyer (Post 10227490)
When we need every dues paying individual we can get to support our cause - it's foolish to push people away.

Don't tell me how we need every new member possible. :mad: I've given away numerous memberships recently to help the cause.

Stop giving a pass to those that push people away based on their own inability to opt out of receiving email? They need to be shown for what they are.

DDRH 01-16-2013 11:00 AM

FREE??? NO where do i see FREEEE

JSolie 01-16-2013 12:16 PM

It always amuses me that whenever one of these threads pops up, people gripe about the amount of mail the get from the NRA.

I think I get maybe two or three pieces of mail from them per year, apart from their magazine.

winnre 01-16-2013 12:22 PM

Same post, different user same time?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=10228338

billofrights 01-16-2013 12:22 PM

I get emails from them almost daily. You know what? BFD. Hit "delete" or add them to your spam filter. Having them fight for my 2A rights is worth taking 4 seconds out of my morning to delete an email- amongst the DOZENS of others I get at work for work related marketing BS.

Wernher von Browning 01-16-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnre (Post 10228397)
Same post, different user same time?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=10228338

Don't know. I only have one identity here on CG. But I do have ten voices in my head telling me to make some handloads.
  • Great minds think alike.
  • That link has been floating around for a while, I found it by googling.

(Double posted this in both threads).