Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Curio & Relic/Black Powder (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   im back (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1386471)

locomike 10-10-2017 8:58 AM

im back

hi, been a few years since ive been on here much. trying to get caught up on any gun law changes. used to have a C&R but it expired a few years ago. are sks rifles still legal to purchase? are handgun laws still the same as there were 8-9 years ago? thanks in advance for your info and help

BrokerB 10-10-2017 12:10 PM

all C&r's require self registration to the CA DOJ if you have a FFL03

CR is dead as far as less expensive and less hassle...for me at least.

I let the cr expire and burned the bound book..I just use a great FFL with $45 transfers.

yes you can buy sks's all day: )

Armistice 10-10-2017 5:22 PM

Handgun laws are still the same. One purchase per 30 days. 10 day wait

Oh, if you are buying from an FFL01, you need to have a Firearm Safety Certificate. Your local FFL01 should be able to hook you up. Easy test and a small fee if I recall

Grendl 10-11-2017 1:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armistice (Post 20758876)
Handgun laws are still the same. One purchase per 30 days. 10 day wait

Oh, if you are buying from an FFL01, you need to have a Firearm Safety Certificate. Your local FFL01 should be able to hook you up. Easy test and a small fee if I recall

Not for PPT or C&R w/ a COE. Last Saturday I walked in to do a PPT on a newer pistol, walked out with a Model 60 they had on consignment. I go back in 10 for the non C&R pistol.

So bought and walked same day on a C&R, bought two same day without triggering 1 in 30. Felt kinda 'free' for the rest of the day!

locomike 10-12-2017 8:09 AM

thanks for reply. i want to buy one of my sks rifles back from a guy i sold it to , he moved out of state. im thinking it will be cheaper and easier for me to get another c&r than go through a dealer. they are wanting at least $100 around here plus DROS. if i could find someone near san jose that does it for $45 i might just go that route. does anyone know of a private party transfer in the south bay FFL holder that charges a lower rate like that??

9mmContagion 10-12-2017 8:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grendl (Post 20762272)
Not for PPT or C&R w/ a COE. Last Saturday I walked in to do a PPT on a newer pistol, walked out with a Model 60 they had on consignment. I go back in 10 for the non C&R pistol.

So bought and walked same day on a C&R, bought two same day without triggering 1 in 30. Felt kinda 'free' for the rest of the day!

Rifles are not 1 in 30... as the previous user posted, HANDGUNS are 1 in 30

echo1 10-12-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomike (Post 20765452)
thanks for reply. i want to buy one of my sks rifles back from a guy i sold it to , he moved out of state. im thinking it will be cheaper and easier for me to get another c&r than go through a dealer. they are wanting at least $100 around here plus DROS. if i could find someone near san jose that does it for $45 i might just go that route. does anyone know of a private party transfer in the south bay FFL holder that charges a lower rate like that??

That's the kicker, an FFL that won't bend you over to receive. My long time FFL bud has been charging me $35 bucks to process. He'll also wait if I have more than one and put them all on the same ap for that price. I think Call to Arms in Modesto charges 50 bucks to receive and DROS, Tracy is the next cheapest, or were. PAX

gun toting monkeyboy 10-12-2017 10:53 AM

Crap. He's back.

locomike 10-15-2017 1:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy (Post 20766062)
Crap. He's back.

lol. ahh i see i have a fan.

gun toting monkeyboy 10-17-2017 2:39 PM

:p
:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by locomike (Post 20778246)
lol. ahh i see i have a fan.