PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen * Glock 22 * police trade-in's for $329

Noah
05-06-2008, 11:41 PM
I am not sure if this is that great of a deal or not because the guns are advertised as "Item Condition: Used 80-90%". I don't know if that means they are mostly worn out, or 80% good.
Anyways, someone posted a link on another non-gun bargain website and I figured I would pass it on to folks over here at Calguns.

-Used Glock 22 with Night Sights Police Trade-Ins
-2 High Capacity Magazines
-Generation 2s - No Finger Grooves & No Tactical Rail, Textured Front and Rear Grip.
-Comes with Plano Protector Series Hard Case
$329
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411535038

CSDGuy
05-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Transfer fees from out of state would probably drive the cost up near what a new GLOCK would cost. If you look at their sales policies, you'll also see that they restrict quite a bit of stuff to California and some specific places in California (ammo).

Ugly Dwarf
05-07-2008, 6:59 AM
That's a good price for a Glock 22 with night sights, even if they are a little dim after however many years.

While I've never shopped at Bud's, I hear they are not very CA friendly and wonder if they would ship them here. I'm almost certain (from other's experiences) that they wouldn't take the time to dismantle the mags to ship as 'rebuild kits' and wonder if they would even be willing to pull the mags and just ship the guns.

I'll be interested to hear if anyone get's one (some) of these. My gun budget is largely gone, due to some purchases I made yesterday, but this is right there in the price range (even with FFL fees, etc...) for what I'd pay for a G22.

duenor
05-07-2008, 7:26 AM
moot because they won't sell to CA:

* handguns
* hicap mags or mag parts
* rifles that normally would come standard with hicap mags (ie, pc40 with a hicap, even if you ask them to leave out the hicap they wont sell it to you)

odesskiy
05-07-2008, 7:44 AM
Summitgunbroker.com has those all the time. Right now he has "factory used" G22's for 369. These are full reconditioned and warranted by Glock. He also has police trade-ins for $335 and $345 (2nd and 3rd gen). I've heard nothing but good things about Mark and I've had some e-mail communications with him in the past. He definitely doesn't mind shipping to California and he only charges $15 to ship a handgun (no hi-caps of course). If you have an FFL that charges reasonable transfer fees, let's say $50 + $25 DROS and you have to spend another $40 on two new 10-round mags, you're looking at $450-$484 out the door depending on which one you get. I think "factory used" guns are the best deal at $484 out the door for a fully-warranted Glock with night sights. Good luck finding a better deal in California.

BTW, I'm picking up my G31 tonight and will have two 10-round mags for sale. They are identical to G22 mags except they say .357SIG instead of .40S&W.

Ugly Dwarf
05-07-2008, 7:58 AM
Thank you for posting that site... I now have ANOTHER reason (http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Thompson_M1A1.html) I want to move out of California... after winning the lottery.

"These are as much fun as you can have with you pants on, at my age maybe better. "

Dwarf

PS. Yes I know that M1A1 is Dealer only, but I would love to own one.

Noah
05-07-2008, 9:23 AM
Sorry all, for the posting....
I have a newly rekindled shooting bug and I am still catching up on all of CA's beurocratic madness. I wasn't aware that Bud's was so CA unfriendly. :kest:

Thanks to odesskiy for posting the better used Glock deal.

Noah
05-07-2008, 9:27 AM
Thank you for posting that site... I now have ANOTHER reason (http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Thompson_M1A1.html) I want to move out of California... after winning the lottery.

LOL, I know how you feel. My father moved to KY last year and every time I talk to him there is some new thing I realize about how crazy CA lawmakers have gone or how expensive it is here.
I still just can't pull myself away from the Sierra Nevada Mountians and the weather, there is no place else like it here.

Ugly Dwarf
05-07-2008, 9:49 AM
LOL, I know how you feel. My father moved to KY last year and every time I talk to him there is some new thing I realize about how crazy CA lawmakers have gone or how expensive it is here.
I still just can't pull myself away from the Sierra Nevada Mountians and the weather, there is no place else like it here.

I hear ya. I've got friends and family in other states... they just don't know how good they have it (gun wise). I hope they don't get a sharp dose of reality following 11/08 (well, 01/09).

I love the Bay Area. Even when my allergies are going nuts for a month or two (right now), I still love it for so many reasons.

No worries about posting a deal we can't get. Sharing is caring... by posting this, you gave me a line on another shop (thanks to Oddeskiy) where I can get a good price on a used G22 when I'm back in the market.