PDA

View Full Version : WEGC Precision Bolt Rifle Match "Night Match" 5/10

Spaniard
05-05-2008, 7:18 AM
We will be shooting the Precision Bolt Rifle Match this Saturday Night instead of this Sunday. Be there at 1700 Saturday (5/10) to help me set up for those of you that want to shoot.

We'll start at 1800 and shoot for about 4 hours.

Regards, Spaniard...

Prc329
05-05-2008, 7:22 AM
Mother's day :(

Spaniard
05-05-2008, 9:20 AM
HAY CARUMBA!
I have a work calendar next to my PC which really should be a "Shakedown Calendar", that's a calendar with all the "Shakedown" holidays listed, and Mother's Day is one of the Biggies.

With that said most everyone I know is married with kids so this weekends match is cancelled due to the prevailing holiday.

Sorry folks I should have known my mistake and thanks for pointing that out.

Spaniard

wildcard
05-05-2008, 9:49 AM
With that said most everyone I know is married with kids..

Not I! :cool2:

rksimple
05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm married, and I was still planning on making it. For all of the single guys that want to shoot, lets have an informal "match" or get together, out in the desert. I'll set up the targets on saturday. All UKD and hike to the different firing positions. Any takers?

wildcard
05-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm married, and I was still planning on making it. For all of the single guys that want to shoot, lets have an informal "match" or get together, out in the desert. I'll set up the targets on saturday. All UKD and hike to the different firing positions. Any takers?

I'm down.. for reals this time :)

jwdenny
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I could use a couple guys to help set up and take down be there at 0630 to help set up.

Spaniard...

You mean you have to ask for help????????Everybody should be excited for a match and be there early anyways. Must be something in the water we send you. LOL.:D

Spaniard
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Well I thought about going ahead, but as I mentioned on West Coast Tactical the last Mother's Day Match I had I had three people show up. Myself, one bachelor and one going through a divorce.

I just don't want to put up a match for just a few guys and I know with it being Mother's Day it will be a very light day. The practice would still be good if your shooting the SCPRC.

Totally missed the Holiday.

Spaniard

PistolPete75
05-05-2008, 11:36 AM

i'm up for it unless somethings happens. i would like to do a 800 and 900yarder b4 we start shooting. if i shoot saturday, sunday will be a no go for me. if i shoot sunday, saturday will be a no go for me. with mother's day, saturday would be the best thing to do in my opinion. i got some reloading done, and i have a 120 rounds to burn.

rksimple
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
i'm up for it unless somethings happens. i would like to do a 800 and 900yarder b4 we start shooting. if i shoot saturday, sunday will be a no go for me. if i shoot sunday, saturday will be a no go for me. with mother's day, saturday would be the best thing to do in my opinion. i got some reloading done, and i have a 120 rounds to burn.

Dang. I'm going to be out of town of saturday. I can set up the targets during the week, but sunday is my only day. We can make it around 7 or so in the morning so everyone can get back early if needs be.

wildcard
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Dang. I'm going to be out of town of saturday. I can set up the targets during the week, but sunday is my only day. We can make it around 7 or so in the morning so everyone can get back early if needs be.

I vote for this option :) Besides, we should start early anyways to beat the heat!

rksimple
05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I vote for this option :) Besides, we should start early anyways to beat the heat!

Weather is getting warmer. Its supposed to be in the 70's this weekend so it should be nice. See if we can get Joe to come on up as well. Its only like 15 minutes from his place.

wildcard
05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Weather is getting warmer. Its supposed to be in the 70's this weekend so it should be nice. See if we can get Joe to come on up as well. Its only like 15 minutes from his place.

Talked to him two days ago and coicidentally really wanted to do some desert shooting.

Spaniard
05-05-2008, 4:34 PM
Hey guys,
Are there at least 6 shooters that would be willing to shoot a night match instead of the previously scheduled day match on Sunday?

We can do an Evening/Night Match instead, Start at 1800 and shoot until 2200. Let me know if there's an interest. Works for me if you guys are interested and it's closer than the desert.

As long as there is nothing scheduled it should be good and night training is a good thing. I have some things I would like to run as well. I don't know of anything scheduled and I can move the match to the night before if nothing pre-exists.

Let me know, Spaniard

wildcard
05-05-2008, 8:01 PM
Hey guys,
Are there at least 6 shooters that would be willing to shoot a night match instead of the previously scheduled day match on Sunday?

We can do an Evening/Night Match instead, Start at 1800 and shoot until 2200. Let me know if there's an interest. Works for me if you guys are interested and it's closer than the desert.

As long as there is nothing scheduled it should be good and night training is a good thing. I have some things I would like to run as well. I don't know of anything scheduled and I can move the match to the night before if nothing pre-exists.

Let me know, Spaniard

No go here. Celebrating M. Day on its eve.

rksimple
05-05-2008, 8:28 PM
I won't be back in time on saturday. Otherwise, I'd love a night match.

ar15barrels
05-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Not I! :cool2:

Nor I.
I really wanted to finally shoot your match too. :(

ar15barrels
05-05-2008, 10:35 PM

Where were you going to shoot saturday?
I was going to be doing Action Pistol at WEGC...
Come out for that and spend sunday with the family. ;)

ar15barrels
05-05-2008, 10:37 PM

We can do an Evening/Night Match instead, Start at 1800 and shoot until 2200. Let me know if there's an interest.

This is a good possibility.
It makes for a long day with action pistol in the morning, but it's very workable for me.

Pascal
05-06-2008, 7:51 PM
I should be able to go on Saturday night...

Can help u too.

ar15barrels
05-06-2008, 8:06 PM
I should be able to go on Saturday night...

Let's make it happen. :)

Show up at 8:30am with a pistol and a shotgun and shoot two matches for the day. ;)

PistolPete75
05-06-2008, 8:28 PM
Where were you going to shoot saturday?
I was going to be doing Action Pistol at WEGC...
Come out for that and spend sunday with the family. ;)

Looks like the desert spot. If that falls through probably Angeles.

I sux majorly with a pistol. I have a major flinch unless I shoot 9mm.

With .308 rifle no flinch, with a 1911 major flinch. go figure.

Heck, BBQ and Beer sounds good too.

ar15barrels
05-06-2008, 8:37 PM
I have a major flinch unless I shoot 9mm.

Bring a 9mm then.
I have an extra Glock 34 if you want to borrow it.

PistolPete75
05-07-2008, 7:38 PM
you serious? i appreciate the invite, but pistol is not my thing.

Prc329
05-08-2008, 8:22 AM
you serious? i appreciate the invite, but pistol is not my thing.

Do it man. I would but family calls me to a stupid brunch :(

Timberwolf
05-08-2008, 8:53 AM
I'd love to do this to get my dope for WEGC but I won't get off work at APS until between 5:00 and 5:30 & I know I can't get from Santa Clarita to WEGC in under an hour. :(

PistolPete75
05-08-2008, 9:21 AM
hmm sounds tempting, but i've been doing some soul searching lately. i have to keep my priorities inline, or everything in my life starts to get messed up. sunday is mother's day, so i'm going to spend it with my wife and mother. saturday i have some free time, but want to do something more local with less driving time. i can't spend a whole day shooting. if you guys are up for it, i'm down for angeles or the desert. i can do some shooting in the morning till about noon.

randall thanks for the invite. if i get some practice in with my pistol and shotgun, i'll definitely make it out in the future. i don't want to make a fool out of myself. i shot pistol once this year, and haven't shot shotgun since high school.

gun stuff and matches will be taking the back seat this year. i need to start building my business back up on my free time. market is moving to fha stuff, and i need to get back inline to get some more deals.

rksimple
05-08-2008, 9:22 AM
Looks like the desert spot. If that falls through probably Angeles.

I got some targets welded yesterday. I probably won't have target stands done until saturday night. I'm planning on the desert on sunday.

wildcard
05-08-2008, 9:33 AM
I got some targets welded yesterday. I probably won't have target stands done until saturday night. I'm planning on the desert on sunday.

I'm in for this one :)

I'd go shoot on Saturday.. but I have to finish up something in class and then maybe start making my new muzzle brake (just for experimentation and fun).

PistolPete75
05-08-2008, 9:34 AM
What time sunday?

wildcard
05-08-2008, 9:40 AM
What time sunday?

I think going hot at 7am was mentioned in post #10 so we can get back early to do whatever needs to be done. Seems like a good plan to me! Going to do all my celebrating on Friday and Saturday but I still like the idea of freeing up the latter part of the day. Crap.. I need to reload.

Want to roll up to the desert together?

PistolPete75
05-08-2008, 9:46 AM
cool. that'll work for me. jasson, call me later. i got to go play with my daughter or she'll get mad at me all day. going to get some pho noodles.

rksimple
05-08-2008, 9:53 AM
I think going hot at 7am was mentioned in post #10 so we can get back early to do whatever needs to be done. Seems like a good plan to me! Going to do all my celebrating on Friday and Saturday but I still like the idea of freeing up the latter part of the day. Crap.. I need to reload.

Want to roll up to the desert together?

I don't think I'll get a chance to set up the steel until sunday morning. I guess we'll all be setting it up together. My thought was to go up to the top and shoot from up there. It will give us a more commanding view and the ability to shoot both uphill and downhill. I plan on just leaving the targets out there, so putting them in a less conspicuous place is preferred. But it will make for a nice shooting position and many targets.

wildcard
05-08-2008, 9:59 AM
I don't think I'll get a chance to set up the steel until sunday morning. I guess we'll all be setting it up together. My thought was to go up to the top and shoot from up there. It will give us a more commanding view and the ability to shoot both uphill and downhill. I plan on just leaving the targets out there, so putting them in a less conspicuous place is preferred. But it will make for a nice shooting position and many targets.

Dang it.. you mean we can't just show up and have fun at the expense of your labor? Haha.. no worries.. it would make more sense this way anyways. If you did it yourself, half the targets would probably end up hidden behind a bush :) I'll bring 2 radioes and my spring loaded target.

Now I want pho too..

rksimple
05-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Dang it.. you mean we can't just show up and have fun at the expense of your labor? Haha.. no worries.. it would make more sense this way anyways. If you did it yourself, half the targets would probably end up hidden behind a bush :) I'll bring 2 radioes and my spring loaded target.

Now I want pho too..

Yes. That would be perfect. We need some communication as we've seen how difficult it can be to set up targets by yourself:D...at least while still being able to see them from the firing line.

ar15barrels
05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
you serious?

Yes.
I have a complete extra set of loaner competition gear to include the choice of EAA Witness or Glock 34 and also a Benelli M1Super90.
Supply your own belt, eye/ear protection and ammo.

ar15barrels
05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
if i get some practice in with my pistol and shotgun, i'll definitely make it out in the future.
i don't want to make a fool out of myself. i shot pistol once this year, and haven't shot shotgun since high school.

That's no excuse.
Most new guys I bring out have never shot ANY type of match.
Like Nike says, just do it.

wildcard
05-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Like Nike says, just do it.

Wow.. that was pretty cheezy :)

DSMcG
05-09-2008, 4:22 PM
First post;

I spoke with Spaniard a few minutes ago and have my fingers crossed some of you SoCal shooters can make it out to WEGC tomorrow night to get night practice / dope in.

He needs 6 bodies to commit to showing up - so far it looks like 4 have. C'mon Timberwolf - no need to worry about what time you get there. Like you said; good dope for WEGC. It's all good training.

I hope this comes together - I do not have another crack at shooting there until the Big match in July.

Thanks - DSMcG

Spaniard
05-09-2008, 8:02 PM
Men,
If your interested The Precision Bolt Match at West End Gun Club for Saturday Night is a "GO", be there at 1700 to help me set up for those of you shooting the match. I need to run some drills for the SCPRC as well as the timing systems that we will be using.

We'll start at 1800 and be done sometime around 2200.

Spaniard...