PDA

View Full Version : A guy in a Big Brown Truck brought me these...

gcvt
05-02-2008, 4:03 PM
RRA LPK
RRA CAR Stock
BlackHawk Sling
Stag Arms magazines
Bullet Button
DPMS spanner wrench

And, I pick up my CMMG lower and CMMG 16" mid-length flat top upper assembly (and maybe a carrying case) this Tuesday. I'd like to thank the nice folks at Coldwar Shooters, Riflegear.com, and Irvington Arms...as well as all of you for your great help and advice.

I'm extremely excited, to say the least. Woo Hoo!! :D

http://bayareadesign.com/gcvt/pics/ar_parts.jpg

huck
05-02-2008, 4:23 PM
Nice! I just did my first lower / LPK a couple of weeks ago and it went perfectly. Make sure you watch the video and pay attention to which spring you're using, and you should have no problems.

aplinker
05-02-2008, 4:27 PM
Tuesday must feel like forever from now... ;) Congrats

gcvt
05-02-2008, 5:13 PM
Nice! I just did my first lower / LPK a couple of weeks ago and it went perfectly. Make sure you watch the video and pay attention to which spring you're using, and you should have no problems.

Yup, I seem to be watching that video multiple times a day...just because I can. I've already got the instructions printed up as well, and have all the tools I need already laid out.

Tuesday must feel like forever from now... ;) Congrats

You got that right! Geez, do clocks actually slow down during the 10-day waiting period? Sure seems like it :shrug:

gkra
05-04-2008, 6:19 PM
Forgive the noob question, but there's something I'm not quite clear on.

Which bits are required to go through FFL/DROS, versus direct delivery to my front door?

I know the Lower Receiver needs to go through a FFL dealer, but is that the only piece?

I'm looking to put together an order and need to know what I can jump on now, versus waiting for after I do a meet'n'greet with a local dealer.

Thanks!

gcvt
05-04-2008, 6:36 PM
Forgive the noob question, but there's something I'm not quite clear on.

Which bits are required to go through FFL/DROS, versus direct delivery to my front door?

I know the Lower Receiver needs to go through a FFL dealer, but is that the only piece?

I'm looking to put together an order and need to know what I can jump on now, versus waiting for after I do a meet'n'greet with a local dealer.

Thanks!

Yep, the lower is the only part that has to go through an FFL. Everything else can be shipped to your door.

hk-p2000
05-04-2008, 6:40 PM
hey guys what video or where is it. I just build mine but never saw the video. can some of you post a link to make sure I did'it right.

gcvt
05-04-2008, 7:28 PM
hey guys what video or where is it. I just build mine but never saw the video. can some of you post a link to make sure I did'it right.

Here ya go....here's the vid on assembling the lower: http://www.jcweaponry.com/videos/AR15_Assembly.wmv

And in case you haven't seen it, here's the 'official' newbie thread with tons of great info: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818

Cheers