View Full Version : Looking for a Good Brass Catcher for M1A/M14

05-02-2008, 11:00 AM

With the price of brass & ammo getting so high I'm surprised that no one whats to put a brass catcher for their M1A?:confused:

Is it just me? But I've done a couple 3x guns & tactical days with my M1A (run-and-gun) but I don't like the ideal that I loose my brass.

I'm looking for a good brass catcher that will mount on my rifle "with scope on"
can anyone give any advise? it would greatly be appreciated...! :D:D:D

05-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm not aware of any brass catchers for M1 style actions.

The cheapest thing to do is to tie a rag around the scoperings of your scope and let it drape loosely to the right and down - make sure it's long enough to go well pass the action. I have only seen this done on scoped Mini-14 but assume the same could work for M1A - brass will fly out and drop on the table as soon as it hits the rag.

There are drawbacks reported with the above system - it is likely for brass to land on your shooting hand or cause a jam, so as long as those things are a known factor. But hey, it's free and it does its job well enough for a day at the range.

05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
The solution most M1A HighPower shooters use is to clip 1 - 2 coils off the ejector spring.. I cut 1 1/2 off of my match rifle and I get a nice pile of brass 2ft off to the side at about 2 O'Clock...

05-02-2008, 11:31 AM