PDA

View Full Version : Who makes or where can i get a bullet button for a Saiga 12 from?

DrunkSkunk
05-01-2008, 7:37 PM
anyone know? i need a bb for a tromix saiga 12
thanks.

aplinker
05-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Is the mag release different than the regular AK?

I'd take a look at the jjperl, Raddlock and JumboPanda lock to see if they'd work. I'm pretty sure the JumboPanda would work.

DrunkSkunk
05-01-2008, 11:19 PM
yeah from the pics looks different - it's not vert - it looks like it's on a 45 degree angle or something.

all the regular saiga's are sold out, found some tromix saiga 12's but need a BB to get it transferred to me

aplinker
05-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Put up a pic... how much is it? Who's shipping it in?

scubamark13
05-02-2008, 7:25 AM
Put up a pic... how much is it? Who's shipping it in?

+1

I would also like to know who is shipping them to CA.

DrunkSkunk
05-02-2008, 7:28 AM
http://www.tromix.com/images/Limbsaver2-800L.jpg

scubamark13
05-02-2008, 8:02 AM
Check out this link. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=93866 you might be able to get him to extend it to fit this trigger guard and mag release.

MrTuffPaws
05-02-2008, 8:33 AM
The only BBs I know of for the Saiga came from the group buy, and they only fit the unconverted Saiga 12. The standard Ak BB won't work.

With out an actual Tromix converted gun in hand, it is going to be very hard to get one to fit. One option is just to have them remove the mag catch. That way, it wouldn't be able to accept any mag and it would be come a shingle shot.

DrunkSkunk
05-02-2008, 8:37 AM
The only BBs I know of for the Saiga came from the group buy, and they only fit the unconverted Saiga 12. The standard Ak BB won't work.

With out an actual Tromix converted gun in hand, it is going to be very hard to get one to fit. One option is just to have them remove the mag catch. That way, it wouldn't be able to accept any mag and it would be come a shingle shot.

isn't the mag catch bolted on with rivets? would make it a pita for me to put it back on if it was. i don't have rivet tools

MrTuffPaws
05-02-2008, 9:54 AM
isn't the mag catch bolted on with rivets? would make it a pita for me to put it back on if it was. i don't have rivet tools

You could just remove the pin that holds the mag catch. That would allow you to remove the catch and the spring. A few minutes with a drill and a punch.

You could replace it with a small bolt and nut with some locktyte.

thedrickel
05-02-2008, 10:31 AM
You'll have to make something custom unless you can find someone who's done this before on a Tromix build.

PS. This is the RIFLE forum.

aplinker
05-02-2008, 3:08 PM
That's an assault weapon, even without the detachable mag.

The collapsible stock + PG = AW

You only get one of the two features. Pin the stock, too.

A version of the JumboPanda lock would work.

DrunkSkunk
05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
yeah i know, pic is just to show the trigger guard ;)

lokmeup
05-04-2008, 7:41 PM
How about having them just cut off the mag release lever below the pivot point. Then you would just use a flat head to release the mag...

tonelar
05-04-2008, 11:33 PM
How about having them just cut off the mag release lever below the pivot point. Then you would just use a flat head to release the mag...

I've seen a Cali legal AK varient set up this way... Sounds good to me as well.

DrunkSkunk
05-04-2008, 11:34 PM
sounds good but i do alot of shooting next door where i don't need a bb and put the bb back on when i come back to this lovely state.