PDA

View Full Version : do Su-16s thrash brass?

Socal858
05-01-2008, 5:42 PM
im picking up my SU16B saturday and i'm wondering if it beats up brass (i reload)

and if so, what parts of the rifle does it hit? i can envision in my head that the brass cuold hit the charging handle; does the odl AK + electric tape thing work?

sza
05-01-2008, 5:45 PM
My SU16CA doesn't beat up the brass at all.

MERCULA
05-01-2008, 5:59 PM
Mine dents the case mouth everytime , Im running the round metal charging handle , not the plastic angled one . Shouldnt be too much of a prob , the expander ball should open it right back up when you size .

railroader
05-01-2008, 6:15 PM
Mine is easy on brass. It also throws them close by so I can find them easily. Mark

Socal858
05-01-2008, 6:28 PM
thanks everyone!

Mine is easy on brass. It also throws them close by so I can find them easily. Mark

mark do you have the round or angled charging handle?

railroader
05-01-2008, 8:57 PM
Mine has the round handle. I don't know if it matters but it has a stag extractor too. Mark

SR-60
05-02-2008, 7:28 AM
does the odl AK + electric tape thing work?
What do you do with the electric tape? Place it across the ejection port to be used as a make-shift brass catcher/deflector?

duenor
05-02-2008, 8:20 AM
no
plastic receiver helps

Socal858
05-02-2008, 1:14 PM
What do you do with the electric tape? Place it across the ejection port to be used as a make-shift brass catcher/deflector?

i read that a lot of AK guys will put tape on their charging handles and teh lips of the ejection port

but as duenor says (and as i forgot lol), the receiver is plastic

woohoo!! this will be teh cheapest gun for me to shoot that i will own. even the damn glock will cost 30 cents (walmart white box) to shoot.

im thinking of trading that for a cz p01 in 9mm

SR-60
05-02-2008, 2:12 PM
i read that a lot of AK guys will put tape on their charging handles and teh lips of the ejection port

but as duenor says (and as i forgot lol), the receiver is plastic

woohoo!! this will be teh cheapest gun for me to shoot that i will own. even the damn glock will cost 30 cents (walmart white box) to shoot.

im thinking of trading that for a cz p01 in 9mm
Ahhh...I was way off then. I thought it was a way to prevent spent casings from being thrown into the next county.

WallySparx
05-02-2008, 3:02 PM
woohoo!! this will be teh cheapest gun for me to shoot that i will own. .

be sure to give a report on how well the clonepoint works, too!

Socal858
05-02-2008, 3:55 PM
be sure to give a report on how well the clonepoint works, too!

i shall! thanks brother!

i plan to use my self made ar15 brass catcher (actually some kidn of walmart downey/bounce/febreeze dryer bag with velcro . . 110% gangster). look for the kel tec with the testicular at inland fish and game sunday