PDA

View Full Version : record lurker convert

karatebum
04-30-2008, 8:30 PM
Hi FNG here
I lurked for 5 years at the fal files before registering, never registered at ar15.com hkpro.com, etc etc. Now after finding this site, i'm a 2 week convert. I've already spread the word to 4 other people about this site, and the information here. They're estatic to say the least, actually in disbalief.

I thank my lucky stars that I bought a lot of pre 2000 stuff. Had to fill out two forms infact for the registry, all at the age of 23. I could never find a side plate for a m2 after Arnold banned the .50, arrgggg still mad at that missed oppertunity to this day.
Anyways now after marriage, one child, two layoffs and a house purchase, i'm back for some adventure.

I'm looking at a fn 2000 in the very very near future, and a possible sl8 purchase and g36 mod of it. I nead to learn more about the g36 mod though, from what I understand right now, they're two different mag types. Anyways, thats what the search button is for.

One minor beotch though, some of you guys jump down peoples throats to quickly. Either they didn't search, or lame question, or just negative about a manufactuer. The fal files turned into a troll hole for us old timers around 2002, when everybody was just attacking each other, a person couldn't even post a outragous price for some light barrel izzy handguards without trolls wanting it for free.
Anyways, thank you all collaboration and cheers to the starter of this site.

apbrian112
04-30-2008, 8:35 PM
welcome to calguns... THE source of info for CA-firearms info...

EBR Works
04-30-2008, 8:51 PM
One minor beotch though, some of you guys jump down peoples throats to quickly.

They were abused children. Welcome!

C.G.
04-30-2008, 8:53 PM
Welcome,:) you will find a few members here that are also at FALFILES, including me; although I don't post there much.
On occasion someone here gets carried away, I don't think there is a forum without a bit of that, but it is nowhere like ARF.com.

thedrickel
04-30-2008, 9:03 PM
FALaholics are always welcome :)

redcliff
04-30-2008, 9:04 PM
Welcome to Calguns!

In regard to the SL-8, have you seen the SL-8 conversion that Lanworld will be offerring soon? I'm planning on doing that instead of a G36 conversion. I already have the new HK colapsible buttstock. I don't really need the magwell conversion; since I"m stuck with 10 rounds anyway the stock mags are fine to me and I can restore it to its original configuration if desired.

RedDawn
04-30-2008, 9:08 PM
FALaholics are always welcome :)

:iagree:

AJAX22
04-30-2008, 9:24 PM
Welcome :D

Don't worry about not getting a side plate, M2's are not rifles

They were never banned

you can still get them

karatebum
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Welcome :D

Don't worry about not getting a side plate, M2's are not rifles

They were never banned

you can still get them

Your joking right? I thought any 50 was history. I assumed even a 50 upper for a ar15 would be a no no unless you had registered the lower. Ihis is music to my eyes. I'm actually giddy.

karatebum
04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Welcome to Calguns!

In regard to the SL-8, have you seen the SL-8 conversion that Lanworld will be offerring soon? I'm planning on doing that instead of a G36 conversion. I already have the new HK colapsible buttstock. I don't really need the magwell conversion; since I"m stuck with 10 rounds anyway the stock mags are fine to me and I can restore it to its original configuration if desired.

I was looking at that lanworldinc.com from a link here, and thats where i'll be getting the fn 2000 from after i beg wife for it a little longer. I was looking at that hk collapsing stocked sl8 to, and was going through scenerios. Get that and be over and done with, or go crazy and go through some grief with a project. Have not found how to get a sl8 with BB yet other then lanworldinc. Head is spinning with all of these new possibilities, and now possibly getting a m2 plate now.....
PS theres a video on youtube on just how easy it is to remove a sl8 barrel.

I love this place.

aplinker
04-30-2008, 11:15 PM
First, welcome to CG. :) This place is great.

Your joking right? I thought any 50 was history. I assumed even a 50 upper for a ar15 would be a no no unless you had registered the lower. Ihis is music to my eyes. I'm actually giddy.

Sounds like you have a couple options... either build your registered AW lowers into 50's or build the M2 - since the ban only applies to shoulder-fired rifles.