PDA

View Full Version : Saiga .223 magazines

lcortes62
04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
I am waiting to pick up my first rifle a Saiga .223 and have read much about converting to other magazines ex Galil, but the only ones I can find are high capacity mags which is no good for CA use. I have found 10 rd mags from Arms of America for $25 ea. Can anyone let me know if there are other options. Sorry if this has been discussed before. Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Larry

69Mach1
04-29-2008, 11:10 PM
If all you can get are 10 rounders, why convert your saiga to use other types of .223 mags? Because the Saiga 10 rounders are a little on the pricey side? There are some great deals out there on those factory mags, but you have to keep looking for them. Plus, investing in another $25 for a bullet guide to use .223 10 round AK mags that are already going to cost you about $20 is counter productive.

railroader
04-30-2008, 5:22 AM
If you are going to be limited to 10 rounds stick with the factory mags. They run
great. As what 69Mach1 said if you watch for them and they will come up once in a while for decent prices. Check on the saiga 12 forum they come up there because people do the conversions. Mark

tonelar
04-30-2008, 6:01 AM
Its a shame the Saigas don't use the orig AK mags... I still have a dozen of those &@%# things here at home for my now out of state AKS.

viras
04-30-2008, 6:07 AM
http://www.surefiregunmags.com/

That's where you can get 'em.

Promag also makes them, but they're about the same price. I'd stick with SureFire coz everyone on the Saiga forums gave them excellent reviews.

Also, if you don't know about the Saiga forums, here's a link:

http://www.saiga-12.com/

And their forum link:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/

Harrison_Bergeron
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Its a shame the Saigas don't use the orig AK mags... I still have a dozen of those &@%# things here at home for my now out of state AKS.

Get a bullet guide from Dinzag for $25, file down your mag release, have fun with AK mags.

tombinghamthegreat
04-30-2008, 11:35 AM

Bullet guide.

bwiese
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Get a bullet guide from Dinzag for $25, file down your mag release, have fun with AK mags.

Careful. We may have some 922(r) murkiness here, so suffiicent US compliance parts should be added. Adding 'hicap mag ability' may be considered 'nonsporting'.

I'd of course like to be proved wrong on this but until then caution prevails...

Harrison_Bergeron
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Careful. We may have some 922(r) murkiness here, so suffiicent US compliance parts should be added. Adding 'hicap mag ability' may be considered 'nonsporting'.

I'd of course like to be proved wrong on this but until then caution prevails...

Sorry wasn't thinking.

On the murkiness issue, I just read an e-mail form ATF circa 2006 that confirmed the non-sporting nature of hi-cap mags.

223addict
04-30-2008, 1:32 PM
I have the bullet guide in my saiga. I suppose one could replace the mag follower with a tapco. get a new US made spring and floor plate, or replace the fire control group to make it 922r compliant.