PDA

View Full Version : mounting situations

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
04-28-2008, 10:17 PM
So I bought a fakepoint magnifier from ebay the one with the QD twist off mount.. the magnifier is great, the mount sucks, So my choices that I am aware of are to stay with the loose ebay clone mount or a Larue hella expensive mount, what lower price mounts can I use? Can I use some sort of inexpensive ring mount? It doesnt have to be a QD mount, but if you guys know of an affordable one please advise!

USN CHIEF
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
So I bought a fakepoint magnifier from ebay the one with the QD twist off mount.. !

:banghead::banghead: Why not just save up some more pesos and get the real deal...:confused:

I would go ahead and save up and get the LT and then sell the Fake Aimpoint magnifier and get the real thang...

slick_711
04-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah my vote would be get the real deal mount, then save up again and get the real deal magnifier. I don't know of any inexpensive mounts other than the one that comes with the clone, but there may be something out there.

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I bought a real eotech, I pay for good technology, I dont necessarily support monopolies, why pay 500 for a 3x magnifier? ITS a magnifier, the only reason they can charge that much is because they are the only company that makes if so if I can get the SAME thing for 100 bucks why not?

thats all besides the point... I need a better mount, can someone help me with that?

slick_711
04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I bought a real eotech, I pay for good technology, I dont necessarily support monopolies, why pay 500 for a 3x magnifier? ITS a magnifier, the only reason they can charge that much is because they are the only company that makes if so if I can get the SAME thing for 100 bucks why not?

thats all besides the point... I need a better mount, can someone help me with that?

I hear you there, I just don't know of any off the top of my head. Guess I shouldn't have posted at all. You checked the usual suspects in AR accessories? Check DD, YHM, ARMs, etc websites. I'd be surprised if ARMs didn't make something suitable.

fireluvrandrew@gmail.com
04-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I was just wondering what size it is? will a standard 30mm mount work? I know there are thousands of those

aplinker
04-29-2008, 12:57 AM
It's 30mm

It's pointless to use an EOTech with magnifier if it's not QD. With a permanent magnifier it's just a scope.

ar15barrels
04-29-2008, 1:05 AM
He got what he paid for and now he's suprised... :rolleyes:

ar15barrels
04-29-2008, 1:07 AM

Should have bought a LaRue poorboy special. ;)
It's a Hensholdt (good german optics company) 2.5X tank sight with the ranging reticle removed.
I think they were $50 extra over the cost of the LaRue flip-up magnifier mount.