PDA

View Full Version : stag 2h upper

cj1026
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know if a stag 2h upper pre ban is legal here in California.

Spaceghost
04-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Why wouldn't it be? Spare parts can be sold through the mail legally. Only firearm receivers need to go through a FFL. Now, what you do with upper might be illegal. How about some details on what you are planning to do with it?

BP88
04-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I have one. This pic was taken a couple of days ago at Burro Canyon. I have zero complaints about this upper. It shoots miraculously!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/Brianppp/meshootingar.jpg

cj1026
04-28-2008, 1:02 PM
I ordered one from rifle gear and got it today. A guy I work with said it was illegal because it has a bayonet lug. Just wondering this is my first build.

Spaceghost
04-28-2008, 1:06 PM
Bah, the guy at your work doesn't know what he is talking about. The bayo lug thing was part of the Fed ban that expired years ago.

I ordered one from rifle gear and got it today. A guy I work with said it was illegal because it has a bayonet lug. Just wondering this is my first build.

Kooter
04-28-2008, 1:08 PM
Anyone, correct me if I am wrong but... the whole pre/post ban has to do with the "Federal Assault Weapon Ban" which has since expired, so it really no longer applies in CA.

My "pre-ban" upper does in fact have a bayonet lug though.

cj1026
04-28-2008, 1:15 PM
Ok guys thanks for the input.

shark92651
04-28-2008, 2:14 PM
:fud:

I have to answer that one about once a week to customers. It's amazing how many people call back to say that someone at turners told them the parts I sold them were illegal. Recently someone told me that Turners told him that his fixed magazine rifle was illegal because it had a forward vertical grip - despite the fact that it had a rear pistol grip. He thought rear grip was ok, but forward grip was not. Go figure...

You are good to go with the 2H, especially if using a magazine lock kit. If going featureless, you will need to replace the flash-hider with a brake or thread protector.

BP88
04-28-2008, 2:15 PM
I had a guy at Turners tell me my bullet button was illegal. They don't know jack. I think corporate told their managers and employees not to deal with AR guys because the general public has no idea what's going on and it's a way to avoid conflict with the media.

aplinker
04-28-2008, 7:34 PM
The laws are pretty easy to understand, once you read them.

That's the problem with gun store bravado - it's always based on what they heard somewhere or assumed from someone somewhere. It might even be a cop that told them, but we know how reliable that is, as well.

If you want the down-low-skippy, you have to actually read the statutes, with a touch of Calguns interpretation thrown in.

:fud:

I have to answer that one about once a week to customers. It's amazing how many people call back to say that someone at turners told them the parts I sold them were illegal. Recently someone told me that Turners told him that his fixed magazine rifle was illegal because it had a forward vertical grip - despite the fact that it had a rear pistol grip. He thought rear grip was ok, but forward grip was not. Go figure...

You are good to go with the 2H, especially if using a magazine lock kit. If going featureless, you will need to replace the flash-hider with a brake or thread protector.

gn3hz3ku1*
04-29-2008, 9:02 PM
its illegal.. send it to me and ill take the risk of using it.. :) have fun with it.. i love mine

cj1026
04-29-2008, 9:18 PM
its illegal.. send it to me and ill take the risk of using it.. :) have fun with it.. i love mine

Ok its in the mail.

munkeeboi
06-02-2008, 3:27 AM
I ordered the Stag 2h upper and I received the pre-ban version. I want to use the monsterman grip so I can use my standard cap mags. As far as I know, the only differences in the pre vs post versions were the bayonet lug and flash hider instead of a muzzle break.

If i wanted to set up the AR for detachable mag, all I would have to change out is the A2 flash hider, right? From what I read, the bayonet lug is not an evil feature anymore. Any other thing that I'm missing?

Deadred7o7
06-02-2008, 9:12 AM
I ordered the Stag 2h upper and I received the pre-ban version. I want to use the monsterman grip so I can use my standard cap mags. As far as I know, the only differences in the pre vs post versions were the bayonet lug and flash hider instead of a muzzle break.

If i wanted to set up the AR for detachable mag, all I would have to change out is the A2 flash hider, right? From what I read, the bayonet lug is not an evil feature anymore. Any other thing that I'm missing?

A2 stock ,MMG and muzzle brake, longer than 30" and your GTG as far as I know.

munkeeboi
06-02-2008, 9:34 AM
thanks...

bubbaskyjacker
06-02-2008, 11:08 AM

use the search button. and go here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63

FluorideInMyWater
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
i have the 1HL
i got it from chris beiling from lanworld

great price and cali-legal.