PDA

View Full Version : CCW question

redneckshootist
04-27-2008, 9:19 PM
I have a friend who wants to apply for his CCW he lives in Davis, CA and is a student at UC Davis his student residency is in davis. His permanent residency is in Fresno. My question is can he apply in fresno county since they are more likely to issue the permit

Wulf
04-27-2008, 9:50 PM
IIRC yolo co isnt half bad for issue.

With stuff like licenses and voter registration and what not, the law seems to give dependent students the latitude to go either way on residency issues.

hoffmang
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
When in college you are considered a dual resident for almost all purposes. I would expect Fresno to not bat an eye at him claiming he's a resident there.

-Gene

Billy Jack
04-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Fresno Sheriff Margaret Mims is one of the best CLEOS in California on CCWS. I would suggest you apply to FCSO and tell the interviewer your status. They are understanding and will most likely issue if you take your time and craft a professional GS statement that you are able to articulate during your interview. Do not use someone else's GC. Your GC is like your fingerprints, unique to you alone.

Statement of fact, Billy Jack will always give a tip of his distinctive hat to an honest CLEO and Sheriff Mims gets that tip as well as a thumbs up for the forward thinking positions and policies she has brought to her department.

Billy Jack