PDA

View Full Version : Bullet button for Bushmaster ACR

Fobjoe
04-27-2008, 11:25 AM
I was wondering if any work has been done to make a BB for the Bushmaster ACR when it is released. Since it relies on an ambidextrous magazine release, I figured a BB would take a little bit more work to devise (a little, not much hopefully). I'm sure that many of our brothers (and sisters ;) ) are on the edge for the ACR's release and it would be nice to see our logistical progress in importing these bad boys into the state. I'm even more on the edge these days since I recently won a prize valued at $1300-1600 in a raffle, which I can hopefully sell for around $1000 :D.

I realize that since nobody is able to acquire an ACR as of yet, the odds of a working BB prototype are not likely. Nevertheless, does anybody have some crude designs for an ambi-BB that can possibly be tweaked for the ACR?

bwiese
04-27-2008, 11:29 AM
You could also have the gas piston removed and the gas valve closed to render it a manually-cycled action (i.e., not semiauto).

aplinker
04-27-2008, 3:48 PM
Without knowing the final design what would be the point in trying to design a bullet button?

It will take about 2 weeks for someone to design something, once they're available, and about a month longer for the BB to come out.

A simple solution is to disable one of the releases and use a bullet button on the other, make 2 BB's, etc.

I'm not worried in the least.

I was wondering if any work has been done to make a BB for the Bushmaster ACR when it is released. Since it relies on an ambidextrous magazine release, I figured a BB would take a little bit more work to devise (a little, not much hopefully). I'm sure that many of our brothers (and sisters ;) ) are on the edge for the ACR's release and it would be nice to see our logistical progress in importing these bad boys into the state. I'm even more on the edge these days since I recently won a prize valued at $1300-1600 in a raffle, which I can hopefully sell for around $1000 :D.

I realize that since nobody is able to acquire an ACR as of yet, the odds of a working BB prototype are not likely. Nevertheless, does anybody have some crude designs for an ambi-BB that can possibly be tweaked for the ACR?