PDA

View Full Version : 98/22 BRNO Czeck/Turkish Mauserstuck floor plate HELP!!!!

Rck'n'ROll
04-26-2008, 6:07 PM
Just got a 98/22 Czeck/Turkish Mauser yesterday. Anyhow, I started to take it apart via http://www.surplusrifle.com/brno9822/rifledisassembly/index.asp, but only got to the third step and found a problem :confused:. The floor plate, when I depress the floor plate release nothing happens and when I try to wedge a screw driver and try to pry it out nothing happens. Anybody else have the same problem or have any advice for me to get this floor plate loose so I can clean my rifle of cosmoline?

Thnx

cackinthebox
04-26-2008, 7:02 PM
i just left it connected to the mag box, and cleaned around it.

Pthfndr
04-26-2008, 8:53 PM
I've had a few that were stuck. First try soaking the area with some penetrating oil over night.

If that doesn't work, get a brass punch, and while someone pushes down on the release button hit the front (barrel side) of the floor plate towards the rear (trigger side). Not uncommon for the cosmo to get hard, or rust to develop.

Rck'n'ROll
04-26-2008, 9:05 PM
Great..... thanks allot for the advise. I guess I will try to soak the bottom of the magazine in some penetrating oil right now and let you all know if that helps (just don't want to hurt the wood stock).

One more question, I have to press the mag release and at the same time push the magazine floor plate toward the trigger guard right?

Rck'n'ROll
04-26-2008, 9:14 PM
DUDE IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!

Thnx again....