View Full Version : Rifle as gift from another state?

04-26-2008, 3:22 PM
Me and my dad are visiting relatives in Oregon and we want to bring a rifle back, the gun is legal in both states and my dad has no criminal record that would prohibit him from buying the gun in cali. is it legal to do this? Thanks!

Mssr. Eleganté
04-26-2008, 4:17 PM
No, you can not just go pick it up and bring it back. Federal law requires that an FFL be involved for transfers of firearms between residents of two different States.

The rifle would have to be sent to a local California FFL who would then transfer the rifle to you or your dad. The FFL would most likely charge you between $50 and $100 for his time and for California fees.

04-26-2008, 4:26 PM
ok, thanks a lot!