PDA

View Full Version : dros question

justincredible
04-26-2008, 1:42 PM
how many firearms can i purchase on one dros? to i pay the dros for each gun? and can i have 2 seperate dros going at the same time, one for a pistol and one for a rifle from to different places.

JayRuff
04-26-2008, 1:59 PM
as far as I know, u can buy as many rifles and shotguns as u want and put them on 1 dros, I'm not sure about a handgun and rifle on 1 dros, I'm sure u can, ask your FFL

Casual Observer
04-26-2008, 2:13 PM
how many firearms can i purchase on one dros? to i pay the dros for each gun? and can i have 2 seperate dros going at the same time, one for a pistol and one for a rifle from to different places.

There's no limit on how many long guns you can do (at least, not that I know of. I did a ppt for a guy once for 9 long guns on the same DROS. I've never heard of anyone doing more than that.) You could (in theory) DROS 10 long guns every hour of every day of the year if you wanted to.

1 Handgun per DROS per 30 days if it is a new handgun or a used gun you're buying from a dealer. PPT (and therefore Consignment sales) are among the exemptions.

And yes, you can have a long gun and a handgun in DROS at the same time from two different locations. As long as you don't violate the above handgun limit.

Also, FYI, you're only allowed to list 3 guns on a 4473. But that's a Federal thing.

justincredible
04-26-2008, 4:28 PM
thanks guys i asked my ffl and he actually wasn't sure, he said he's never been asked that before. So is there a fee for each gun the 4473?

VegasND
04-26-2008, 4:37 PM
thanks guys i asked my ffl and he actually wasn't sure, he said he's never been asked that before. So is there a fee for each gun the 4473?

I've no idea about CA, but I have bought more than 3 guns at one time. The dealer completed one 4473, I did my thing, then we started another. That and a phone call was all we needed in AZ. That bit of info probably does you no good at all; it seems CA has a fee for everything:eek:

Mssr. Eleganté
04-26-2008, 5:32 PM
Also, FYI, you're only allowed to list 3 guns on a 4473. But that's a Federal thing.

You can list as many guns as you want on a Form 4473. If there are more than 3 then you just have to attach a separate piece of paper with the required information for each gun.

There are no fees associated with the Form 4473. In California you pay fees for the DROS. If it is a private party transfer of multiple long guns then the Dealer can also charge you an additional fee for each long gun, but the DROS fee stays the same no mater how many long guns are being DROS'd.

Roccobro
04-26-2008, 11:24 PM
You can list as many guns as you want on a Form 4473. If there are more than 3 then you just have to attach a separate piece of paper with the required information for each gun.

Exactly right. I just DROS'd 4 at BSP a few months ago. It was only four as I was running out of gun money at the time. :eek:

Justin