PDA

View Full Version : Another OLL question

Marcusg
04-26-2008, 7:43 AM
Do I have to buy a stripped lower first or can I get a complete or "partially" built lower to start with (lower parts installed but without stock and/or pistol grip.) ? Thanks in advance.

Marcusg

ZombieKiller
04-26-2008, 7:52 AM
Most of the lowers I have seen are either complete or stripped....

ghost
04-26-2008, 8:18 AM
YOu can do it eitherway.

technically it should not matter as you dont have the firearm assembled., its just a complete lower - right?

But befor you screw the upper on, install the BB or Radlock.. to put that monstergrip on..

if you use a bb or radlock you dont have use a monsterman grip.a monsterman grip is for a non-features build for the going detachable mag route.

Marcusg
04-26-2008, 4:06 PM
OK, thanks fellas. I was under the impression that I have to get a "stripped" lower and build it up from there or buy a "complete" rifle already installed with a BB, so if that was the case I didn't understand why I just couldn't get a completed lower. The other reason why is I'm really leaning on building a RRA Lar-9 with the new built in magwell. If I do decide to go the 5.56 way, then I will build everything from scratch except the upper. Thanks again gentlemen.

Marcusg

mltrading
04-26-2008, 4:10 PM
Completed lower half is OK. Just need to configure it correctly prior to delivery.

Opt #1: Install a MMG and buttstock, no matter mag well is open or not.
Opt #2: Install a 10-rounder magazine then lock it (with BB or mag lock... whatever). Then PG and retractable buttstock are OK.

If you just buy a stripped lower receiver, there are no issues.

aplinker
04-26-2008, 7:53 PM
Completed lower half is OK. Just need to configure it correctly prior to delivery.

Opt #1: Install a MMG and FIXED buttstock, no matter mag well is open or not.
Opt #2: Install a 10-rounder magazine then lock it (with BB or mag lock... whatever). Then PG and retractable buttstock are OK.

If you just buy a stripped lower receiver, there are no issues.

Had to edit for you. ;)