PDA

View Full Version : This is what I decided for my optic on my AR15....

OutlawDon
04-25-2008, 5:10 PM
Just got this today from Midwayusa. Was considering and going back and forth in my mind on an Eotech or an Aimpoint/similar style sight for a few weeks and weeks. I wanted something versatile though for up close fast acquisition but also more precision at longer ranges, but also keep the cost down and within my small budget. I understand there's no "one size fits all" optic, but this choice fits me best for mainly range shooting at various distances. The Weaver V3 is bright and clear and very very close to a true 1x scope at 1x power so it's easy to keep both eyes opened, and I wanted to try something different as far as brand on the mount rather than a tried and trued LaRue (Yes, I like being different :p). The ADM-Recon mount is built nicely and well thought out in design. I had the Millet DMS-1 before and didn't like it as much...it wasn't a true 1x so there was distortion, plus I had a cloudly lens when illuminated at nighttime. It was also a little too long and heavy. YMMV.

http://healthbydon.com/ar15weaver.jpg

aplinker
04-25-2008, 5:25 PM
Looks good. Enjoying the optic?

OutlawDon
04-25-2008, 5:29 PM
Looks good. Enjoying the optic?

It's nice for the price at $140. Just got it today, so haven't had a chance to test it at the range though. Should be fine....read good reviews on it and a lot of 3-gunners use it.

aplinker
04-25-2008, 5:44 PM
It's nice for the price at $140. Just got it today, so haven't had a chance to test it at the range though. Should be fine....read good reviews on it and a lot of 3-gunners use it.

I'm curious how it does on speed... I can't imagine it being too quick at 1X without some kind of BRIGHT center point in the reticle.

I dig the mount, though. I think their stuff is equivalent to LaRue, sans free Dillo :)

OutlawDon
04-25-2008, 5:51 PM
I'm curious how it does on speed... I can't imagine it being too quick at 1X without some kind of BRIGHT center point in the reticle.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=374798

apbrian112
04-25-2008, 5:57 PM
yup, a lot of 3 gunners use the weaver v3 1-3x... one of the cheaper scopes you can get that work out of the box for 3 gunning.
for me it was between the weaver v3 1-3x or the simmons prodiamond illuminated 1.5-5x and i ended up finding one at a fun show for under $100 so i went with the simmons.
good looking setup!

USN CHIEF
04-25-2008, 5:58 PM
Looks nice... Congrats... When are you taking her out to the range to see how the glass performs?

Saigon1965
04-25-2008, 6:02 PM
Damm that's a great price.

OutlawDon
04-25-2008, 6:24 PM
Looks nice... Congrats... When are you taking her out to the range to see how the glass performs?

Most likely this weekend.

SuperSet
04-25-2008, 6:27 PM
Most likely this weekend.

Cool! They're shooting Tac Rifle up at Chabot this Sunday so that might be a perfect venue for you to take it for a spin.

OutlawDon
04-30-2008, 1:54 PM
A couple more shots I just took to show the entire rifle. Sorry for the crappy pics. ;)

http://healthbydon.com/ar15sephia.jpg