PDA

View Full Version : Calguns.net needs to support Jeff Denham

hoffmang
04-24-2008, 8:36 PM
All,

Drjonesusa has been soliciting folks to help fight the Denham recall campaign in this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=97473).

This is important. This is an opportunity for this community to flex its muscle and preserve a central valley pro gun vote. Please set your party affiliation aside and understand this as a pro gun and pro good government thing to do. By helping stop this recall, we can as Calguns.net, be decisively involved in keeping the state from becoming a one party state where even the Governor's veto can be overridden and the budget can be passed by the leadership without any input from the minority. That's not good for the state and even worse for us. Letting Don "no friend of gunowners" Pareta win this one on the way to jail would be horrible. Plus, I can guarantee everyone that Denham would otherwise be replaced by a guy who - most recently as we can tell - is rated D by the NRA.

Now, if Calguns.net can help here, it will only strengthen the cachet of this community and will be remembered by Senator Denham and politicos from both sides of the aisle. If you've ever asked what you can do for gun rights in this state - this is one of the major answers.

I'm going to be talking to Drjonesusa about a possible Calguns event where we pitch in to walk the district and then do something fun (shoot? dinner?) in the Central Valley in May. Please contact him about what you can do to help and don't hesitate to donate (https://www.fundraisingbynet.net/fbn/contributeState.asp?guidRegistration=5C5B5D5D) to his fight the recall campaign but please make sure they know that the donation came form the folks at Calguns.net by emailing Dana@joinwithjeff.com with your name and donation amount to tell them it came from Calguns.net. If anyone else has any good ideas to get Calgunners to Denham's district and helping out, please post them in this thread.

Drjones: is there a better email address to notify for Calguns donation tracking?

-Gene

Note: The above is the personal opinion of Gene Hoffman and not of The Calguns Foundation.

oaklander
04-24-2008, 8:39 PM
I'm in!

hoffmang
04-24-2008, 9:22 PM
All,

Here is the area that is Denham's district:
http://cssrc.us/web/12/images/SD12.jpg

And here is some background on who would replace him: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=94932

-Gene

Ronco
04-24-2008, 9:41 PM
I'll be sending my support tomorrow.

duenor
04-24-2008, 11:32 PM
ill will back anyone you put your endorsement behind, no questions asked.
ill send $ and will walk the line if you need me to.

mblat
05-04-2008, 9:05 AM
doesn't seem to generate too much interest, isn't it?
anyway I donated some.....

bwiese
05-05-2008, 9:40 AM
Last week the US Attorney asked Don Perata's lawyer for more time to conduct their investigation into various irregularities.

Why would The Don & his lawyers grant this?

Because if they hadn't, The Don woulda been indicted, with a perp walk in front of the Federal Bldg in SF.

chris
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Last week the US Attorney asked Don Perata's lawyer for more time to conduct their investigation into various irregularities.

Why would The Don & his lawyers grant this?

Because if they hadn't, The Don woulda been indicted, with a perp walk in front of the Federal Bldg in SF.

Indict the F******* guy. throw him in the frickin slammer. this crap he is pulling is what Dictatorships do! oh wait we are in one veiled as a republic!

DrjonesUSA
05-05-2008, 4:56 PM
Drjones: is there a better email address to notify for Calguns donation tracking?

-Gene

Note: The above is the personal opinion of Gene Hoffman and not of The Calguns Foundation.

Wow.

First, let me thank you so much for posting this thread and I'm so glad it got stickied! Sorry it took me so long to see, but I've not been spending much time on here lately, in case you guys haven't noticed....

People can CC me at: Strati@JoinWithJeff.com regarding donation tracking.

Thanks so much for all your help and support. This really is the most important thing happening in the state right now and we NEED YOU!!!

Thanks!
Drjones

ldivinag
05-05-2008, 5:41 PM
from http://www.eastbayexpress.com/news/cal_plays_games_with_public_s_money_again/Content?oid=717626

For weeks, friends of State Senate President Don Perata have watched with growing dismay, as his ruthless recall campaign against Republican state Senator Jeff Denham got nastier and nastier. But last week may have been the low point, as reports leaked that the Don has been browbeating lowly Senate staffers into "volunteering" to help the recall effort. When many Senate staff decided they had better things to do with their vacation time than help Perata make a mockery of the Democratic process, the Don sent out a letter expressing how disappointed he was in them. And when Perata is disappointed, you'll be disappointed too in the sorry future you have in state politics. Of course, the letter leaked, and newspapers made much hay out of how Perata does business behind closed doors.

And the scandal just kept getting better. An official working for the recall campaign allegedly sent a letter to a Senate interpreter, asking the interpreter to translate a hit piece against Denham into Spanish. When the interpreter wrote back and said that using staff time to engage in politics is illegal, the letter was accidentally sent to Denham's office. Now, Denham has formally requested that the Attorney General and the FBI launch a criminal investigation into the two incidents. Perata spokesman Jason Kinney told the LA Times that Denham's request was "politically motivated, frivolous, and an obscene waste of taxpayer resources." Ahem.

love the closing line...

btw, has anything happened on his carjacking? i mean how does one get a car like his?

bg
05-07-2008, 9:08 PM
RECALL DROPPED ! >
http://www.sacbee.com/1090/story/921278.html
excerpt.
Senate leader Don Perata announced late Wednesday that he was dropping the recall campaign of Sen. Jeff Denham, due to his "best judgment about how to stop the long, slow slide into another long stalemate" on the budget.

Perata had initiated the recall last summer, after Denham, R-A****er, sided with the majority of Senate Republicans in blocking passage of the budget during a 52-day standoff.

A campaign committee linked to Perata, D-Oakland, and the Democratic Party spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on the recall campaign.

At a late afternoon news conference on the steps of the Capitol, Perata said he decided not to pursue the recall after meeting Wednesday with Senate Republican Leader Dave Cogdill.

"I told him I had come to a decision that it would seem to me to be destructive to continue the recall while at the same time he and I were going to sit down with our counterparts in the Assembly and in seven weeks try to put together a budget that may well have to eliminate a $14 billion deficit.," Perata said.
Excellent news.

Anthonysmanifesto
05-07-2008, 9:57 PM
Jeff Denham's name is still on the ballot!!!!

the Recall election will still be held on June 3rd!!!

the only thing that has changed is that Perata doesn't want to take the responsibility.

FEDUPWBS
05-07-2008, 10:20 PM
There is no end to Peratas and the demmocrat regime' dirty tricks and corrupttion. Count me in for some pavement pounding and other support.
Funny how Don "the snake" Parata doesnt have the balls to ride it out to the end, typical dem cowerdice!

trashman
05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah - what Anthony said. The recall is still on the ballot....the fight is still on, and Perata is *still spending money* on ads to fight Jeff....

--Neill

DrjonesUSA
05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Jeff Denham's name is still on the ballot!!!!

the Recall election will still be held on June 3rd!!!

the only thing that has changed is that Perata doesn't want to take the responsibility.

Precisely.

The unions just cut about $1 MILLION worth of checks to the campaign last week - you think they are going to just walk away from that money?

This IS still on the ballot and Sen. Denham can still be recalled.

THIS IS NOT OVER!!!

WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!

chunger
05-30-2008, 8:29 AM
Contribution sent and CC's sent for tracking as Calguns.net sourced. It does not look like i will be able to make it out this weekend to physically help. I hope my contribution will be of some small, tangible assistance to the cause.

artherd
05-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I am going to try like heck to make it saturday.
-Ben.

DrjonesUSA
05-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you all for your generous support. I'm so happy to see the generous contributions of time and money from Calgunners.

When Perata "pulled out" it really de-motivated people to contribute their time and money because they assumed that the recall was "canceled" which it is NOT - it is still on the ballot!

We are still moving full speed ahead and still need help paying for campaign costs and getting out the vote - particularly this weekend just prior to the election.

Again, any questions, please contact me direct.

PonchoTA
05-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Doc, PM inbound to you in a few!

:cheers2:
Paul

hoffmang
05-30-2008, 1:48 PM
Also, please check out the Calguns.net event this Saturday in this thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=103265

-Gene

DrjonesUSA
05-31-2008, 9:03 AM
Please Join
Sen. Jeff Denham
Sen. Dave Cogdill
Hon. Dean Andal, Republican Congressional Candidate
&
California Republican Party Chairman Ron Nehring

For a Rally to Support Sen. Jeff Denham

Modesto
Saturday, May 31, 2008
10:00 a.m.
Friends of Jeff Denham Against the Recall Headquarters
1231 8th St. Suite 300
Modesto, CA 95354

Join Sen. Jeff Denham for a Rally in
Merced
Sunday, June 1, 2008
10:00 a.m.
Offices of Rucker Construction
734 W 18th St.
Merced, CA 95340

Following the rallies we urge you to join Senator Jeff Denham
and our volunteers for a local precinct walk.

For more information contact
Friends of Jeff Denham Headquarters at (209) 338-0288.

artherd
06-04-2008, 1:45 AM
Unstuck, FTW!