PDA

View Full Version : NRA Board Elections, Joel Still Needs Help

mikehaas
04-24-2008, 7:15 PM
I've just gotten word that Joel Friedman, the California NRA Grassroots' own NRA Board Member, still needs help in this year's board election. If you can think of any avenue in which to help gbet the message out, ask them to BULLET VOTE for Joel (vote only for Joel) - it is that important.

I can personally attest that Joel is one of the most rabid supporters of our right to own ugly black guns. He's ending his first term on the Board and it's vitally important that anyone who can still vote for him, do. His presents the kind of RKBA defense that we want to see develop deep roots in high places, particularly with the likes of the national GOP politicians that are gaining ground these days. He's an expert parlementarian, extremely successful large businessman/owner. "Came up through the ranks" with the NRA Members' Councils of California and was able to save the entire program singlehenadedly. (As swashbucking as that sounds, it's 100% true.) But that's the kind of "roll up the sleeves" guy he is - esepcially in his element, grassroots.

I have links to his bio on my site at:
at http://nrawinningteam.com/

Please help him, NRA, us out and vote for Joel if you still can. Will probably take priority mail, but you can still do it. *PLEASE* grab that ballot in your NRA magazine, MARK IT ONLY FOR JOEL and get down to post office **tomorrow**.

Thanks all/

hoffmang
04-24-2008, 7:18 PM
My vote for Joel was sent in already. Everyone else - please make sure that California has strong representation on the NRA board.

-Gene

wilit
04-24-2008, 7:39 PM
Were the ballots sent out to everyone? I don't recall seeing one in my mail pile.

tophatjones
04-24-2008, 7:42 PM
Yeah, I didn't get one either??

wilit
04-24-2008, 8:09 PM
D'oh. I guess I won't get one. :( Only been a member for 2 years.

bwiese
04-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Joel ROCKS. I've had the honor of having a long chat with him over a late dinner.

Understand that while NRA Directors are elected for nationwide service, they do get opportunities to bring attention to regional concerns - both helping add additional focus to CA, and stopping CA issues from spreading to other states.

AKman
04-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I have a ballot sitting on my desk. Thanks for the reminder.

hawk1
04-25-2008, 11:13 AM
I have a ballot sitting on my desk. Thanks for the reminder.

Your ballot must be received not later than April 27, 2008.

I sent my ballot in last week. Joel got my vote as well. :)

AKman
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Your ballot must be received not later than April 27, 2008.

I sent my ballot in last week. Joel got my vote as well. :)

Sent it for Saturday delivery.

mikehaas
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Joel made it!

Thanks to all who followed through. We've kept a real fighter on the board.

thefifthspeed
05-05-2008, 11:02 AM
D'oh. I guess I won't get one. :( Only been a member for 2 years.

I've been a member less than a year and I got sent a ballot

Anthonysmanifesto
05-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Joel made it!

Thanks to all who followed through. We've kept a real fighter on the board.

Jeez Mike- When you put out this last request... you had me worried!

bwiese
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Whee!

Cool.

Glad we got another Californian 'in the fight'.

mikehaas
05-05-2008, 4:04 PM
Jeez Mike- When you put out this last request... you had me worried!...
Well, good - I wouldn't want to leave a false impression. From what I had heard, things were close. Our final push very well may have pulled it out.

No idea who DIDN'T make it. We'll find out in Kentucky.

Creeping Incrementalism
05-05-2008, 4:42 PM
I've been a member less than a year and I got sent a ballot

Are you a life member? I believe they get a ballot no longer how long they have been one.

If you can think of any avenue in which to help gbet the message out, ask them to BULLET VOTE for Joel (vote only for Joel) - it is that important.

That's what I did this time based on your recommendation (in the past I had voted for everyone I really liked, once up to the max limit). I am glad he made it.

blackberg
05-05-2008, 6:02 PM
any idea when/if numbers would be released?

-bb

mikehaas
05-06-2008, 1:37 AM
any idea when/if numbers would be released?

-bb
That would be at the Annual meeting in Kentucky, I believe - in about a week-anna-half. I suspect calguns will be updated. :D