PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Prince50 to BB...

NiteQwill
04-24-2008, 5:10 PM
I don't have my lower in front of me, reason I'm asking the question...

A completed lower receiver I purchased off a member already had a Prince50 installed. I recently purchased a BB to swap-in.

Question is: Do I have to remove the bolt catch in order to remove the magazine catch? So I can properly replace the Prince50 with the BB... Any tips for installing the BB?

Thanks.

Sig357
04-24-2008, 5:22 PM
You do not need to mess around with the Bolt Catch. Just push the mag release button in all the way and twist the mag catch out, and remove the button your pushing and spring. Now install your new spring and re-install the mag catch Except this time instead of twisting the mag catch out, just put it in. Then last install the screw on coupler piece. Test and make sure it functions okay.

After the test I normally remove the coupler part again and apply a dot of blue loc-tite and screw it back in to the spot I tested it at.

This is all assuming you have the newer BB that doesnt go in by pressure.

Jicko
04-24-2008, 5:22 PM
1) Remove all EVIL features.

2) Remove P50

3) Instal BB

Sig357
04-24-2008, 5:24 PM

2) Remove P50

3) Instal BB

Oops I forgot the most important part. What Jicko said #1 very important.

It should of came with instructions.

NiteQwill
04-24-2008, 5:31 PM
So I won't need to worry about scratching the receiver when removing the magazine catch? Just push it in as far as possible?

Sig357
04-24-2008, 5:35 PM
So I won't need to worry about scratching the receiver when removing the magazine catch? Just push it in as far as possible?

If you push it in as far as possible it should clear and not scratch anything. Twist the mag catch out counter clockwise. Put some electrical tape or masking tape around that area if your concerned about scratching it. After a turn or two it will clear even more as its coming out.

DedEye
04-24-2008, 5:41 PM

2) Remove P50

3) Instal BB

Alternative, easier method:

1) Remove upper from lower.

* Lower is no longer a semi-auto, centerfire rifle.

2) Remove Prince 50

3) Install bullet button.

aplinker
04-24-2008, 6:31 PM
Alternative, easier method:

1) Remove upper from lower.

* Lower is no longer a semi-auto, centerfire rifle.

2) Remove Prince 50

3) Install bullet button.

:yes: :iagree:

I had one lower I had to remove the bolt catch to get the mag catch off. Using a vice and pressing the P50 in I couldn't rotate the catch past the bolt release. There's only one way to know - try it. ;)

ar15barrels
04-24-2008, 10:10 PM
2) Remove P50
3) Instal BB

You will also want to completely line the room with aluminum foil so the .gov will not detect what you are doing while swapping out mag catches.

redcliff
04-24-2008, 10:29 PM
You will also want to completely line the room with aluminum foil so the .gov will not detect what you are doing while swapping out mag catches.

:smilielol5::smilielol5: :smilielol5:

NiteQwill
04-24-2008, 11:38 PM
:yes: :iagree:

I had one lower I had to remove the bolt catch to get the mag catch off. Using a vice and pressing the P50 in I couldn't rotate the catch past the bolt release. There's only one way to know - try it. ;)

Anyone have problems like this for a stag lower and lpk? I'm guessing I will just have to wait to get my lower and try to do it myself.

If I do have to remove the bolt catch, do I just use a punch to take the pin out? Punch it going the opposite, correct? (from front to rear) Will I have to replace the rolling pin with a new one?

No worries, I have a secret room with aluminum foil and egg crates. No one will know.

Fobjoe
04-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I have a stag lower and installed my BB a few weeks ago. It's pretty easy, I don't really see how your lpk would be an issue if your Prince 50 is working fine. Even without the instructions, I was able to figure out how to get the BB in with a little trial and error ;) don't worry about it too much.

maxicon
04-25-2008, 11:23 AM

You forgot to unplug the internet so they won't be listening in on your laptop's microphone.

They're tricky...

Hopi
04-25-2008, 11:27 AM
You forgot to unplug the internet so they won't be listening in on your laptop's microphone.

They're tricky...

And that damn cell phone microphone as well......although I hear the eavesdropping works when the phone is off as well, so you might want to lock it in the glove box of your car.:TFH:

AxonGap
04-25-2008, 1:12 PM
This is a good rationale to build your own rifle next time! No better way to understand your firearm inside and out! :)

NiteQwill
04-25-2008, 5:50 PM
This is a good rationale to build your own rifle next time! No better way to understand your firearm inside and out! :)

I've built one before. In a free-state and many times over in the Army. It's just a first disassembling one to neuterize it because of good 'ol California. ;)

BP88
04-25-2008, 6:02 PM
1. Insert magazine catch

2. Drop in the BB extension

3. Screw on BB /w blue loctite if preferred.

4. Go shooting!