PDA

View Full Version : is this a joke?

JayRuff
04-24-2008, 1:01 AM
http://www.50caliberterror.com/

5150Marcelo
04-24-2008, 1:16 AM
"if you were to use this for deer hunting, you would have nothing but carcuss and bone left"

"these were designed to shoot down small helicopters and airplanes at take off and landing"

Okay, you guys have NO idea how much I'd like to sock this ***** right in the puzzy just to hear him squeal. What a f*ckin idiot!:)

aplinker
04-24-2008, 1:31 AM
There may be a handful of “sportsmen” who get their kicks by firing expensive, military-like weapons at small animals or targets. But to put their kicks before the public safety of millions makes no sense at all.

:rofl2:

the list of "crimes" is almost all possession while fatally stupid

JayRuff
04-24-2008, 1:33 AM
what amazes me is that they claim that a terrorist will go dros a 50 cal rifle for 5K+ and shoot down aircraft lmao, don't terrorists have far better connections than that? they can get their hands on anything they want. banning them obviously won't stop them from buying it in the black market, but hey, the anti's will never give up, they always want to ban something

JayRuff
04-24-2008, 1:34 AM
''The people that run the website have done extensive research and they were able to find about 25 cases in which the 50 caliber rifle was “involved” in crime. I put involved in quotes because about 75% of the cases they found were of authorities finding a 50 caliber rifle when they did a raid. They just found the gun and it was never actually used for crime. The rest of the cases they found were pretty bizarre. There was the case when a guy in Colorado went crazy and drove a bulldozer into a building. The guy attached a 50 caliber to his bulldozer but never got around to firing it. Out of all the cases they could dig up, they couldn’t come up with a single case in which someone was killed by a 50 caliber in the USA.'' -ericbeckinger.com

thefifthspeed
04-24-2008, 5:47 AM
"if you were to use this for deer hunting, you would have nothing but carcuss and bone left"

"these were designed to shoot down small helicopters and airplanes at take off and landing"

Okay, you guys have NO idea how much I'd like to sock this ***** right in the puzzy just to hear him squeal. What a f*ckin idiot!:)

Put me in line after you.
I don't know anyone who uses a .50 BMG to hunt, that is not it's purpose. I also like the # of incidents we have had where a .50 BMG has been used to take down a helicopter or commercial airliner....0. Makes me want to go out and buy a .416 just to spite these antis.

AngelDecoys
04-24-2008, 6:36 AM
There was an article I read (getting the car's oil changed) from Field and Stream where a husband and wife DID hunt deer with a .50 caliber rifle. This was a few months back. Wouldn't be my first choice, but to say no one uses them would be mistaken.

While I agree, the utility of using a .50 for large game might be overkill, I'm not at a point where I want to tell anyone what they should or should not use while hunting.

Besides this is just more rhetoric in an election season from people who try and find anything to push their agenda.

MustangO4
04-24-2008, 6:49 AM
On a side note, I read an article about a guy who took, I believe it was an elk with a 50 at something ungodly like 1k across a heavily wooded valley. After spending the next two days hiking it out he swore he would never take a shot that far again if he couldn't drive to the animal.

Hunter
04-24-2008, 8:53 AM

This deer was taken in 2002 (on Kodiak Island) with a .50 BMG. It sure looks like a lot of meat is still on the bones for packing out.
http://i32.tinypic.com/nycqs4.jpg

Pic is from FCSA magazine article.

ibanezfoo
04-24-2008, 9:06 AM
Oh noes! The terrorizers can kill us! :willy_nilly:

Now where did I put my bubble wrap and duct tape.......

-Bryan

motorhead
04-24-2008, 9:43 AM
i know the .50 bmg is powerful but i didn't know i could blow up a reactor or refinery with one.

Glock22Fan
04-24-2008, 9:49 AM
Didn't that .50 cal assault rifle in Connecticut, designed to bring down airliners and kill cops in bullet proof vests while leaving insufficient remains for a proper burial turn out to me a muzzleloader? I seem to remember wifey saying that the gun was empty and hubby hadn't owned any black powder for years.

mymonkeyman
04-24-2008, 10:25 AM
i know the .50 bmg is powerful but i didn't know i could blow up a reactor or refinery with one.

If you shoot a reactor with a uranium .50 bmg round the planet eats itself. True story.

l_Z_l
04-24-2008, 10:31 AM
where would one get a uranium round? that might make an interesting video though

scewper
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
You should probably contact Birdman Weapon Systems :D

Suvorov
04-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Didn't that .50 cal assault rifle in Connecticut, designed to bring down airliners and kill cops in bullet proof vests while leaving insufficient remains for a proper burial turn out to me a muzzleloader? I seem to remember wifey saying that the gun was empty and hubby hadn't owned any black powder for years.

I recall that to be the case as well.

SchooBaka
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
There was alot of rational debate when the .50 cal ban was being proposed here in CA; but in the end, emotional debate won out over rational debate.
If you make anything look scary enough, people will want to ban it.
Ever hear of the petition to ban dihydrous monoxide?

gosparx
04-24-2008, 1:50 PM
Well... since there have not been any airliners shot down, or oil refineries, or nuclear power plants blown up with a 50 BMG since they outlawed them in CA, then the law must have worked and the terrorists have been stopped dead in their tracks!!!

With regards to 'hunting' deer at 783 Yards... that's not 'deer hunting', that's 'deer shooting', there's a difference. (regardless of the caliber used)

aplinker
04-24-2008, 1:56 PM
Well... since there have not been any airliners shot down, or oil refineries, or nuclear power plants blown up with a 50 BMG since they outlawed them in CA, then the law must have worked and the terrorists have been stopped dead in their tracks!!!

With regards to 'hunting' deer at 783 Yards... that's not 'deer hunting', that's 'deer shooting', there's a difference. (regardless of the caliber used)

It doesn't matter whether or not it has happened, it COULD happen! :willy_nilly:

Someone COULD shoot at (we all know down is a farce) a plane!

Someone COULD shoot at cars (hunting round go nicely through these, too)

Lest we forget, someone COULD mistake brightly covered rifles for fake rifles! This COULD mean the police COULD think it's not real and COULD get shot. :rolleyes:

It COULD happen! We must protect ourselves NOW before it COULD happen!

Then again, we use lots of coulds... "What could I use against zombies?" "They COULD ban AWs again, what should I get?" ahhh... the could...

Charliegone
04-24-2008, 2:07 PM
If you shoot a reactor with a uranium .50 bmg round the planet eats itself. True story.

Sounds like a Superman episode I saw once. Hell the .50bmg won't even go through a fuel tank (like the ones trains carry)...and this coming from a person in that industry.

Harrison_Bergeron
04-24-2008, 2:11 PM
Just thinking out load here, aren't we promoting the site and making them think they are doing well by clicking the link and racking points on their hit counter?

oaklander
04-24-2008, 3:55 PM
Nah - most of the people looking at the site are from sites likes ours:

http://www.quantcast.com/search/http://www.50caliberterror.com/

CSACANNONEER
04-24-2008, 4:44 PM
This is OLD news.

As far as hunting with a 50BMG goes (there are many other .50s designed for hunting), it typically ruines less meat than a 30-06. I know several people who hunt everything from whistle pigs to gators with 50BMGs. Yes, it is hunting. Today, many big game hunts are done with the use of blinds or tree stands so, what's the difference if your game is 12 yds or 1 mile? Yes, a deer was taken at 1 mile but, it took a year of hard work, including daily spotter shots, to make it happen.

Guys,
Just remember one thing, there is no case of a 50BMG ever taking down a commercial or private aircraft but, boxcutters have! WE NEED TO BAN BOX CUTTERS! Or, maybe, just ban terrorists!

mymonkeyman
04-24-2008, 4:54 PM
Guys,
Just remember one thing, there is no case of a 50BMG ever taking down a commercial or private aircraft but, boxcutters have! WE NEED TO BAN BOX CUTTERS! Or, maybe, just ban terrorists!

You're not going to be able to ban terrorists unless you make them register first. First register all the terrorists, tell them you aren't going to ban them, but you just want to keep tabs on them. Then BAM, pass a law to ban them and take them all away overnight.

Harrison_Bergeron
04-24-2008, 5:04 PM
You forgot mandating smart box cutters, licenses to buy replacement blades, and monthly replacement blade purchase limits.

Glock22Fan
04-24-2008, 5:07 PM
You forgot mandating smart box cutters, licenses to buy replacement blades, and monthly replacement blade purchase limits.

Let's not forget that blades should have serial numbers, and purchasers must be fingerprinted

straycat40
04-24-2008, 5:47 PM
Ever see the video footage from the decks of the WWII ships?

Do these minivan driving twits realize how hard it is to shoot down a plane with a REAL AA gun?? How is someone going to do it with a .50cal?

Smokeybehr
04-24-2008, 7:06 PM
Nah - most of the people looking at the site are from sites likes ours:

http://www.quantcast.com/search/http://www.50caliberterror.com/

snipercentral.com (http://www.snipercentral.com/) (rank 23,340 (http://www.quantcast.com/top-sites-234))
This site reaches approximately 95,772 U.S. monthly uniques. The site is popular among a rather male, fairly wealthy audience.The typical visitor visits gunblast.com and subscribes to NRA Publications.

Muahahaha!

CrippledPidgeon
04-24-2008, 7:59 PM
Let's not forget that blades should have serial numbers, and purchasers must be fingerprinted

Don't forget microstamping. If you get slashed by a microstamped blade, your wound will automatically be imprinted with the serial number of that blade, so the perp can be easily tracked and caught. Remember, we're helping the police do their investigations.

pnkssbtz
04-24-2008, 8:03 PM
where would one get a uranium round? that might make an interesting video though

From Uranus? (Say it out loud :p)

Ech0Sierra
04-24-2008, 8:03 PM
http://www.quantcast.com/calguns.net
I didn't know that so many .gov came here.:hide::fud::inquis::shock::TFH:
Government Affinity
Defense Technical Information Center 11.7x
Federal Bureau of Investigation 10.7x
U.S. Department of Justice 5.8x
U.S. Department of Defense 4.8x

JayRuff
04-24-2008, 8:28 PM
check out the other anti-gun sites these guys run

http://www.gunguys.com/
http://www.freedomstatesalliance.com/ (see the first post on top)