PDA

View Full Version : Full Auto Carrier Group Legal In California?

EvolvedRaven
04-23-2008, 9:46 PM
I know full auto pieces in the AR15 are illegal in CA, but im just double checking. There is this CMT upper and Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group Combo that is a few bucks cheaper than the places I checked out. They don't have any CMT upper with Semi Auto Carrier Groups so I thought I would ask (of course after searching and not succesful). Any help is appreciated.

Danny

USN CHIEF
04-23-2008, 9:50 PM
AFAIK the "Full Auto" bolt carrier is not illegal in CA....

C.G.
04-23-2008, 9:53 PM
Welcome to Calguns.:)
Plenty of threads in the past, here are three to get you started, but try to use the search button:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=83237&highlight=M16+bolt

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91810&highlight=M16+bolt

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=53809&highlight=M16+bolt

In short, they are legal.

THE 0NE
04-23-2008, 9:54 PM
ill take ten!!!!

ghost
04-23-2008, 9:58 PM
its legal to have a full auto bcg,just dont have in you possession the full auto sear/trigger group with it.

EvolvedRaven
04-23-2008, 10:07 PM
wow fast response...i was thinking i would get replies tomorrow or something. thanks guys for the help.

ohsmily
04-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Your post is new and interesting.......................................

RedDawn
04-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm quite surprised at the lack of more sarcasm of the matter...:rolleyes:

O yeah...Welcome to Calguns EvolvedRaven.:D

bohoki
04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
if your gun ever doubles and the law is near by they could take it and in court say that it contains full auto parts

their experts will load up some rounds with handgun primers so its is sure to double then you will be in trouble

supersonic
04-24-2008, 1:25 PM
if your gun ever doubles and the law is near by they could take it and in court say that it contains full auto parts

their experts will load up some rounds with handgun primers so its is sure to double then you will be in trouble

If that were true, then any firearms lawyer worth his/her fees would pursue/investigate where the ammo "in question" came from. Then, another "demonstration" would have to be granted with proof that store-bought / factory-fresh ammo be used. I'm no lawyer, but it just seems to me that this is what common sense would dictate. BTW, is there any documentation of this ever happening? Would it even work? It just seems that it would really be stretching it, to say the least, to do something like that. Or maybe you were just kidding & I just wasted my time typing??:p

nothing4u
04-24-2008, 1:40 PM
If that were true, then any firearms lawyer worth his/her fees would pursue/investigate where the ammo "in question" came from. Then, another "demonstration" would have to be granted with proof that store-bought / factory-fresh ammo be used. I'm no lawyer, but it just seems to me that this is what common sense would dictate. BTW, is there any documentation of this ever happening? Would it even work? It just seems that it would really be stretching it, to say the least, to do something like that. Or maybe you were just kidding & I just wasted my time typing??:p

There is already a case of this happening. A Wisconsin National Guardsmen is being prosecuted for this.

Linh
04-24-2008, 2:16 PM
There is already a case of this happening. A Wisconsin National Guardsmen is being prosecuted for this.

+1

The guy has a whole thread that he started on AR15. He seems like a nice guy but if he was from california his defense would have been a lot better. I disagree with him starting out defending himself with the assistance of an attorney that was disbarred from federal court.

Linh
04-24-2008, 2:19 PM
I'm no lawyer, but it just seems to me that this is what common sense would dictate. BTW, is there any documentation of this ever happening?

Well I'm no lawyer but I worked with over 10 lawyers in my lifetime and trust me the law isn't exactly common sense. In california there is no common sense at all there are so many lawyers here it's not even funny.

Somekindagenius
04-24-2008, 2:19 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2008/03/13/ldt.tucker.govt.guns.cnn

redcliff
04-24-2008, 2:23 PM
Doubling has nothing to do with a FA bc, and could happen to any OLL build where the hammer/disconnector relationship is out of spec.

The sole difference between a FA bc and a semi bc is the FA's ability to trip an auto sear, which was not present in the Wisconsin gun.

Any AR-15 type rifle that has a hammer/disconnector problem could be classified as a MG under the Wisconsin precedent. BATFE and the court did not allow the defendant to have an independant expert test the firearm.

rorschach
04-24-2008, 2:27 PM
The sole difference between a FA bc and a semi bc is the FA's ability to trip an auto sear

Don't FA bolt carriers have more mass than the semi carrier to keep the cyclic rate down??:confused:

redcliff
04-24-2008, 2:28 PM
Marginal more mass, the primary difference is the bottom rear of the semi BC is machined away to prevent it from tripping an auto sear.

RedDawn
04-24-2008, 2:28 PM
Doubling has nothing to do with a FA bc, and could happen to any OLL build where the hammer/disconnector relationship is out of spec.

The sole difference between a FA bc and a semi bc is the FA's ability to trip an auto sear, which was not present in the Wisconsin gun.

Any AR-15 type rifle that has a hammer/disconnector problem could be classified as a MG under the Wisconsin precedent. BATFE and the court did not allow the defendant to have an independant expert test the firearm.

Beat me too it.
Anyways, from previous posts:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=83237&highlight=full+auto+bolt&page=5

Riodog
04-24-2008, 3:52 PM
Your post is new and interesting.......................................

There isn't any sarcasm on this board. rule chapter 9 paragraph B !

Rio:D

AJAX22
04-24-2008, 4:26 PM
I run M16 BCG's in all of my AR15's.... I like the way they function and I buy alot of milsurp parts.

You just can NOT use any other M16 FCG parts in the gun.

supersonic
04-25-2008, 7:27 AM
Well I'm no lawyer but I worked with over 10 lawyers in my lifetime and trust me the law isn't exactly common sense. In california there is no common sense at all there are so many lawyers here it's not even funny.

Can't say I have a difference of opinion there! (Actually, it's pretty much fact) I probably shouldn't have let my own common sense & beliefs creep in to my post in the first place. After all, we're in Kalifornia. AND the entire justice system is either corrupt or severely flawed nation-wide, anyway!!!;):p
as a side note: it is really a tragic, terrible reality that the incompetence / dishonesty of "those that are in charge" takes the freedom away from & makes criminals of honest, law-abiding citizens. Pretty f***ing scary, IMO, as such incidences can happen anywhere and/or anytime. VERY troubling, to say the least.:(