PDA

View Full Version : AW questions

416stroker
04-23-2008, 7:58 PM
is there a way to tell if somthing has been registerd can you will your registerd aw to somebody?

Fjold
04-23-2008, 8:00 PM
You cannot will a registered AW to anyone who lives in california.

MicronuT
04-23-2008, 8:02 PM
well, if its registered, there is registration paperwork you shouldve gotten....

416stroker
04-23-2008, 8:12 PM
Ive just been talking it over with a friend he thinks his fathers are registerd but hes not sure ive tried to talk to his dad about it but he makes no sense Ive heard they were and they wernt from him....Idk i dont trust it all.

RedDawn
04-23-2008, 8:21 PM
:willy_nilly:

That's a real dilemma, good thing he's not your father.:D

416stroker
04-23-2008, 8:26 PM
ya i am glad....ive never seen them but its just threw conversation when he said he was getting a norinco ak left for him.

416stroker
04-23-2008, 8:27 PM
right now if they arnt registerd aw's and he gets in trouble they cant do anything to me if im with him at the range right? He asked me to go with him to take it out and I said no because its to iffy. his dad said they ran the numbers every trip he took and just gave them back with quick apology

USN CHIEF
04-23-2008, 8:28 PM
Call DOJ and ask for replacement papers..

USN CHIEF
04-23-2008, 8:29 PM
right now if they arnt registerd aw's and he gets in trouble they cant do anything to me if im with him at the range right? he asked me to go with him to take it out and i said no because its to iffy.

You more than likely will be taken to the Station until they find out who the aw's belong too. Why would he get in trouble at the range? Are they NFA rifles?

416stroker
04-23-2008, 8:31 PM
You more than likely will be taken to the Station until they find out who the aw's belong too. Why would he get in trouble at the range? Are they NFA rifles?

I think he has a mak 90 and some colt sporter's. I just want to avoid trouble. Thats why I told him no. So if the aw dont belong to iether of us we wont get introuble the owner will? his fauther hasent kicked the bucket yet and they would be in his name

CSACANNONEER
04-23-2008, 8:52 PM
Yes! Some registered AWs could be willed to someone! The catch is: they would have to be registered because of fetures only. Then, before they are "willed," they would have to be "unregistered" and DOJ does have a form for this. Magazines can be dissasembled and then passed on.

JagerTroop
04-23-2008, 9:15 PM
couldn't you simply remove all parts from the questionable lower receiver, and reassemble them onto an OLL?

hoffmang
04-23-2008, 11:23 PM
If you fill out this form: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/AFSPrivateCitizen.pdf

It will tell you which handguns and AWs are registered to you.

-Gene