PDA

View Full Version : river rock arms lar-8

travism
04-23-2008, 7:41 PM
If i have a friend buy this out of state, Put a bullet button and a 10 round mag can we do a legal ppt in Kalifornia?

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=256

hawk1
04-23-2008, 7:50 PM
No, because your friend is not a resident of California. He can ship it or hand deliver it to your FFL though for transfer to you. With him out of state and not a resident you cannot do a private party transaction.

Edited to add: There are 6 Rock River Arms rifles on the list. Two with the "Standard A2 or A4" designation. I know the "LAR 8 Standard A2/A4" is not the same, but that is really close to the banned listing. I'd be carefull...

JMC760
04-23-2008, 7:54 PM
CWS has them for sale on their website, however they are on back order.

MMA Ryan
04-23-2008, 8:52 PM
CWS has them for sale on their website, however they are on back order.

They had the 16" uppers in stock about 3 weeks ago....I should have jumped on the chance to get one.

50 Freak
04-23-2008, 9:17 PM
I wonder if they fixed the cracked bolt problem Bushy had.

I'd love one too, I have a ton of FAL mags.

SFV_Dealer
05-02-2008, 8:48 AM
We have 10 of the RRA LAR8 rifles on back order from our Cali friendly distributor who will have them modified w/ Prince 50 mag lock.
We are getting in the 16" Midlength A4 flat top versions....

We also have the FN/FAL 20rd body but limited to 10rd modified magazines !

Steyr_223
05-02-2008, 4:42 PM
We have 10 of the RRA LAR8 rifles on back order from our Cali friendly distributor who will have them modified w/ Prince 50 mag lock.
We are getting in the 16" Midlength A4 flat top versions....

We also have the FN/FAL 20rd body but limited to 10rd modified magazines !

Do they do BB?

:)

IGOTDIRT4U
05-02-2008, 4:45 PM
Do they do BB?

:)

Can't you just change it out later, yourself? (I lack knowledge here, not poking you)

ar15barrels
05-02-2008, 6:33 PM
Do they do BB?

The mag release is quite different.
Standard bullet buttons for AR's will not work.

Something new will have to be devised.

rbetts
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
The LAR-8 has an ambidextrious mag release system. Eash side has a button to push. It also use FAL/Inch magazines. A standard BB will not work, nor will it meet the legal requirements of stopping the magazine from being able to be released without the use of a tool.

The reason is inside the lower. The bar that connects the 2 sides has an off center bevel that catches the mag release lever. This off center bevel creates havoc when trying to put standard bullet buttons on the rifle. Each side has different inner dimensions and different purposes.

SO..... A whole new bullet button has been designed. After about 2 months of painstaking trial and error, Prince50 with a little help from me was able to create a system that works. Unfortunately only the left side is able to release the magazine. In order to use both sides as a mag release, the entire lower receiver would have to be modified. Using a generation 1 Prince 50 and a gen 2 in tandem along with a proprietary new connecting bar and bevel, the Bullet button now works beautifully.

Anyone needs one, they are $45.00 and can be had by placing a call or and e-mail to Golden State Tactical.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate the install at about a 5 (roll pin punch is required)

916.961.7189 M-Sat 9-9
Or Sales@Goldenstatetactical.com

Pictures to follow