PDA

View Full Version : BCM cam pin

TruEdge
09-02-2014, 9:11 PM
I put 20 rounds through a bcm BCG and after I stripped it down the cam pin had a groove in it that could be caught with a fingernail. I was quite surprised since it only had 20 rounds down the pipe. Never had this happen with a spike nib BCG with around 800 rounds. Keeping that in mind I have no experience with any non nickel boron cam pins. Is this normal with the bcm? Will it cause some sort of premature failure?

Devilmonkey89
09-02-2014, 9:29 PM
Both of my cam pins have a tiny groove in them, i've read to rotate the pin between cleanings to wear both sides evenly, also don't forget to lube it before shooting. Both are PSA premium's

Jimi Jah
09-03-2014, 9:14 AM
I replaced all of my cam pins with TiN coated cams from brownells. That stopped the wear and cuts into the sides. They cost about $12 and are a great upgrade.

Add some Slip 2000 EWL 30 wt. and call it a day.

TruEdge
09-03-2014, 11:14 PM
I replaced all of my cam pins with TiN coated cams from brownells. That stopped the wear and cuts into the sides. They cost about $12 and are a great upgrade.

Add some Slip 2000 EWL 30 wt. and call it a day.

I'll look into that thanks.

Dhena81
09-04-2014, 12:11 AM
NP3 cam pins from Brownells are GTG

Heretodaygonetomorrow
09-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Cams pins are a wear items, just like bolts, bolt rings, and firing pins.

Keep spares, inspect occasionally, keep shooting, and don't stress.

Dezrat
09-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Cams pins are a wear items, just like bolts, bolt rings, and firing pins.

Keep spares, inspect occasionally, keep shooting, and don't stress.

Exactly. Best to stay away from the TIN coated Cam Pins. Something is going to wear. What would you rather have be the wear item and have to be replacing, the Cam Pin or the Carrier? Just something to think about.