PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a know-it-all FFL

M I K
04-22-2008, 9:06 PM
This guy is ate up with a case of FUD. Thinks he knows for sure that there is no such thing as a Kali legal AW. I've tried to tell him about 922r receivers, the DOJ definition of a "detachable magazine", bullet buttons, the sunset on the Fed ban, the works. He doesn't believe any of it. He is just convinced that the BS agents that he has talked to are correct. I wish I could come with something in writing to throw in his face as I leave his shop. I would just love to make him eat a big bucket of Crow.

Maybe somebody could come up with something I could do or show him. I've told him about Calguns and he thinks all of us are going to jail because we don't know ****.

hawk1
04-22-2008, 9:13 PM
Might be best just to walk away nowing that he's a lost cause.
That, or give him a copy of the CA AW ID Flow Chart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf)

SoCalAR
04-22-2008, 9:14 PM
This guy is ate up with a case of FUD. Thinks he knows for sure that there is no such thing as a Kali legal AW. I've tried to tell him about 922r receivers, the DOJ definition of a "detachable magazine", bullet buttons, the sunset on the Fed ban, the works. He doesn't believe any of it. He is just convinced that the BS agents that he has talked to are correct. I wish I could come with something in writing to throw in his face as I leave his shop. I would just love to make him eat a big bucket of Crow.

Maybe somebody could come up with something I could do or show him. I've told him about Calguns and he thinks all of us are going to jail because we don't know ****.

As far as I know the only "Kali legal AW" is the kind that was registered when the ban went into effect.

You could try printing out the CA code and take him step by step through it hoping the light in his head goes on.

Or you could realize that pretty much nothing you do is going to change the mind of an FLL who has already got his made. I wouldn't waste my time and instead buy from a vendor who supports the movement and actually understands the AW laws. This guy isn't worth the effort.

Bucc
04-22-2008, 9:45 PM
he thinks all of us are going to jail because we don't know ****.

Better be a big jail.
And....ever try to put a cat in a bathtub full of water? :43:

wilit
04-22-2008, 9:48 PM
There are plenty of OLL friendly FFL's out there. My suggestion, don't waste your time with this guy. Guys like him will ALWAYS know more than you do. :rolleyes:

M I K
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
hawk1, thank you for the flow chart. I wonder what the DOJ thinks of that one. I would think it would make their government employee life easier.

Linh
04-22-2008, 10:31 PM
hawk1, thank you for the flow chart. I wonder what the DOJ thinks of that one. I would think it would make their government employee life easier.

lol their life is already easy if they just follow the law. They already know what's up they just wanna play games with the gun owners of california. But they will not play any "name games".

DOJ already know everything they need to.

rod
04-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't worry about a FFL full of FUD. Just go somewhere else. There are plenty of OLL friendly FFLs around. Whenever I encounter someone who is spewing FUD from their piehole, I simply walk away. There's no need to argue logically with a defenseless person.

fairfaxjim
04-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Vote with your wallet, in someone else's store. He clearly doesn't want to be involved in the black rifle disease epidemic, and I doubt that you, or anyone else for that matter, is going to change that.
Life is too short to deal with jerks that you don't absolutely have to! A battle of wits with an unarmed man is a hollow victory.

Jicko
04-23-2008, 12:40 PM
OLL/OLRs are not AWs.

Ironchef
04-23-2008, 12:46 PM
What sucks is, you could have a 2a versed lawyer read that flow chart, cite penal code and case law, but the dude won't fear the wrath of customers more than that of the lying DOJ/ATF agents pushing him against the wall with their FUD. For this, he's a lost cause. But it's probably still good to educate him. Peel away some of his fear and ignorance and have him investigate the claims of the flow chart and he may then question his captors for clarification.

metalhead357
04-23-2008, 6:41 PM
Just walk away....his loss both in an education and financially.

FEDUPWBS
04-23-2008, 7:02 PM
You cant force someone to have common sense. Sounds like he is too lazy or too stupid too read and know the law that regulates his profession. Simply go to someone that supports the cause.

WokMaster1
04-23-2008, 7:12 PM
Might be best just to walk away nowing that he's a lost cause.
That, or give him a copy of the CA AW ID Flow Chart (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf)

you know what they say, "You can drag a horse to water but you can't make it drink it". Just walk away. This one is already too covered with FUD to be rescued.

Ford8N
04-24-2008, 5:14 AM

Who is the dealer? PM me if you are afraid to name the Fuddy.

ZombieKiller
04-24-2008, 5:58 AM
Forget him.....walk away. He knows everything......so let him be.