PDA

View Full Version : ABC at it again

RRangel
04-22-2008, 7:28 PM
Another shameful hit piece from ABC.

The United States is responsible for Mexico's crime problems again. These media elitists at ABC are talking like we all should be unarmed serfs like the population in Mexico, well, that's only if you are not one of the brazen criminals.

I was just flipping the channels and low and behold I came across the ABC hit piece regarding our Second Amendment, inferring that we are responsible for criminals in Mexico getting their hands on M60 machine guns.

ABC blames the Second Amendment. They do all they can to make it clear. They even showed footage of a real M60 machine gun, as if they are available on every corner. Just like the shameful hit pieces that were all over the media before roberti-roos. We all know every gun shop has fully automatic belt fed machine guns.
Why doesn't Mexico ban drugs? They're responsible for half of our drug problems, oh wait...

Here it is again:
Assault weapons made in China and Eastern Europe, resembling the AK-47, have become widely and cheaply available in the U.S. since Congress and the Bush administration refused to extend a ban on such weapons in 2004.

Didn't you know that during the AWB all magazine fed rifles were magically not available, not even to criminals on the black market. It's all Bush's fault!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4695848&page=1

BRIAN ROSS and RICHARD ESPOSITO can take a flying leap.

Solidmch
04-22-2008, 7:36 PM
Like I said before. What do you expect from a usless government agency that is trying to justify thier position. I predict they will not exist in ten years. They will be gobbled up by another larger, usless, inafective agency, that is scared of police work in general.

Rhys898
04-22-2008, 7:52 PM
um, I think he meant the tv station, not alcaholic beverage control.

Jer

Solidmch
04-22-2008, 9:02 PM
um, I think he meant the tv station, not alcaholic beverage control.

Jer

oops:sweatdrop: wayyy to much wine with the wifey tonight sorry

caduckgunner
04-22-2008, 9:07 PM
Ya I saw that also. My wife was grading papers and I started yelling at the tv. She told me to go in bedroom and watch tv if I am goign yell at it. :kest:

bigdave1121
04-22-2008, 9:28 PM
I would say this is typical ABC, but the last time I remember watching a story about guns on ABC it was a John Stossel story on how gun control was absolutely worthless. I was freaking shocked.

Solidmch
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I would say this is typical ABC, but the last time I remember watching a story about guns on ABC it was a John Stossel story on how gun control was absolutely worthless. I was freaking shocked.

He says he is a former lefty turned Libitarian.

bigdave1121
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
He says he is a former lefty turned Libitarian.

Kinda like me. Although I was only a lefty between the ages of like 15-17. Then I started paying attention and surprisingly I found myself becoming more and more Conservative ;)

RRangel
04-22-2008, 10:15 PM

John Stossel is definitely an exception. His segments are great.

tombinghamthegreat
04-22-2008, 10:32 PM
I was just flipping the channels and low and behold I came across the ABC hit piece regarding our Second Amendment, inferring that we are responsible for criminals in Mexico getting their hands on M60 machine guns.

ABC blames the Second Amendment. They do all they can to make it clear. They even showed footage of a real M60 machine gun, as if they are available on every corner.

I wish every gun shop in the US had a m60 and the media claims that is the criminals weapon of choice? A gun that is needs a class 3 permit, oversized, loud and something that eats up ammo is not something criminals use. News reports like this use the brady camp as a reliable source for their stories instead of using facts to support their claim. Then again Americans don't care about the truth.

darmom
04-23-2008, 1:28 PM
John Stossel is definitely an exception. His segments are great.

Probably why he isn't on TV very much. He usually has stories that go against the mainstream-liberal-panic-bird-flu-global-warming crapola. Of course, supported with evidence. That's gotta hurt the ratings. I hope to see more of his work soon.

jimbo1747
04-23-2008, 1:45 PM
What did you expect from ABC? Wasn't it their commentators/reporters that spent 45 minutes talking about lapel pins during the last Hillary/Obama debate?!

SuperSet
04-23-2008, 1:57 PM
ABC isn't the first to surface this issue:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/28/AR2007102801654.html

The moral of the story is to be wary of hot chicks looking for grenades.

Glock22Fan
04-23-2008, 2:16 PM
"Hundreds of fully automatic AK47's are being bought at gunshows in Arizona and Texas without any paperwork checks and smuggled into Mexico daily. And we know this because back in 1994 we traced a .38 spl back to a gun show in Arixona."

Pulease!

"Zatarażn Cedano, who equips most of his employees with handguns, has just 150 AR-15 rifles to spread among 3,000 officers. Arms smugglers bring more than that into Mexico in a typical two-hour period. "

1,800 smuggled AR 15's a day???? All bought in gun shows? How many AR-15's does the factory make each day?

Bucc
04-23-2008, 2:24 PM
This is why ABseeB.S.,iCBS, NBCb.s., and the Communist News Network and all the other main scream media are loosing market share along with the slander rags they call newspapers.

ar15barrels
04-23-2008, 2:31 PM
The high-powered guns used in both incidents on the evening of Sept. 24 undoubtedly came from the United States, say police here, who estimate that 100 percent of drug-related killings are committed with smuggled U.S. weapons.

They had to "estimate" the 100% figure.
It would not have been good enough to just say ALL. :rolleyes:

ar15barrels
04-23-2008, 2:33 PM
1,800 smuggled AR 15's a day???? All bought in gun shows? How many AR-15's does the factory make each day?

http://www.shootingindustry.com/SpecReport07/graph6.gif

jumbopanda
04-23-2008, 2:37 PM
Well maybe if the border was a bit more secure, you wouldn't have smugglers running guns and various other illegal items back and forth. But Mexico won't support that, now will they? :rolleyes: