PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on KNS anti walk pins on Chip Mckormick...THANK YOU for your Help!!

mikecro1
04-22-2008, 7:27 PM
Goodevening Brothers,

I was wondering if I can ask the greatest think tank (Calguns ofcourse!:D) a question? I have a stag 5.56/.223 lower with a Chip Mckormick single stage match drop in trigger and i wanted to get the KNS 2nd gen anti walk/creep non-rotating pin set and I wanted to know if I should get the standard ".154" pin or if I can use the ".155"...? I thank you for your time and experience fellaz!!!!

GOD Bless

C.G.
04-22-2008, 7:37 PM
Unless you have a Colt lower with large pins (which I doubt), use smaller or standard pins. So since you have a Stag lower, smaller diameter pins. Generally speaking, the anti walk pins are not really necessary.

Also, check out this thread about CMC trigger recall:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=97694

mikecro1
04-22-2008, 7:39 PM
thank you...do you have a chip? ...The chip already comes with oversized pins when you install it...I just do not know the actual size:confused:

C.G.
04-22-2008, 7:45 PM
thank you...do you have a chip? ...The chip already comes with oversized pins when you install it...I just do not know the actual size:confused:

Well, I have two, but one is going back to CMC tomorrow under recall. Both of mine came with proper pins. Maybe you ordered the wrong one?

P. S. the oversize 1.555 pins are for used receivers that have alongated holes, the .154 should be just fine for a new lower.

mikecro1
04-22-2008, 7:55 PM
...well in all honesty, my pins work fine...using the c clips it came with and everything...just the BRD hitting me bad right now (you know? withdrawals:hide:) and wanting to spend (read "spend" as WASTE) some money on some blingy KNS pins:rolleyes::p

C.G.
04-22-2008, 7:58 PM
...well in all honesty, my pins work fine...using the c clips it came with and everything...just the BRD hitting me bad right now (you know? withdrawals:hide:) and wanting to spend (read "spend" as WASTE) some money on some blingy KNS pins:rolleyes::p

You added this while I was editing my post. I assume that you have a new receiver, in which case the .154 pins should work just fine. The .155 pins are for used receivers with alongated holes.

mikecro1
04-22-2008, 8:26 PM
...thanks for the advise brother...i knew i would get help in here...you're the best C.G.!!!!!:cheers2: