View Full Version : How are these groups for a noob?

04-22-2008, 1:19 AM
Only 25 yards...but thats all I got thats close to me, chinsy red dot <50 bucks.

10 round groups, no bi pod. I finally realized I started shooting a little more accurately about half way through when I turned the reticle intensity down to 1 from 6...

Comments? Critiques?

04-22-2008, 1:44 AM
Not bad at all. Pretty sure that's better than what I had going when I first started shooting.

04-22-2008, 5:48 AM
Hey at least you hit the target! My first time out with my Saiga .308, I got ballsy (read: retarded) and set up my target at 100 yards (never having fired a rifle before). I didn't even hit the target ONCE until I put about 40 rounds through her - I was having a hard time learning how to properly line up the out-of-box sights...

04-22-2008, 9:23 AM
Either you're pushing or you need to adjust windage, but you're doing good.

04-22-2008, 9:33 AM
next time you go... try to borrow a rest of some sort, or at the least a bipod, that way you can figure out if it's the rifle that needs adjustment (ie: windage, elevation, etc.) or if it's something you're doing (too little trigger finger, too much trigger, trigger slapping, etc.)

they look good for no bipod and your first time out.

04-22-2008, 9:45 AM
They look fine.

Shoot for groups, not bullseye.

04-22-2008, 9:54 AM
That looks good.. What gun/caliber were you shooting with?

04-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Let me clarify...not my "first" time out... maybe my 6th with a rifle...but probably my 4th or 5th with my gun, but still consider myself a noob, since me and a buddy usually only split 100 rounds per time since 223 is expensive..

Shooting a Sig 556, that was 55 gr federal.

I actually shot a gun for the first time in my life last july or so.

Oh ya and thanks for the comments, I would really like a legit sight, it seems like I have glare through the sight on the gun, I mean it works, but now I want something a little more ... well you know...