PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Rockriver Arms and Bushmaster LPKs?

swhatb
04-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Looking at purchasing the Bushmaster LPK or the Rockriver Arms LPK. Both would be a standard trigger, no two-stage trigger needed. So... What's the difference between then, quality and functionally wise :confused: Also, what's the difference quality and functionally wise between Bushmaster and Rockriver Arms A2 Buttstock? All the parts look the same but the price is much :eek: different. Just looking for reliable lower part kits/basic parts to install...nothing fancy; simple build.

hoffmang
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
If both are single stage trigger you will not find much difference at all in terms of quality or functionality. I've built with both and both are excellent.

-Gene

ty423
04-21-2008, 11:36 PM
I'd say either one...I'd go with the cheaper price of the two.

aplinker
04-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Those are both good LPKs.

I have a personal preference for Armalite.

What does 2-stage trigger not needed mean?

ty423
04-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Those are both good LPKs.

I have a personal preference for Armalite.

What does 2-stage trigger not needed mean?

I'm guessing this is going to be a semi expensive plinker?

rkt88edmo
04-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples with the buttstock, and A2 is an A2 and the only difference is if you are buying one without the all the accompanying hardware (buttplate w/ trapdoor, extension tube, A2 spacer, spring and buffer, A2 screw)

bwiese
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Rock River-Arms, Bushmaster, Double-star etc.. virtually all the same

I would not put DoubleStar (J&T Surplus) in the same league. They're nice people, but their stuff is generally on the level of Model1, Sherluk, OlyArms & other bottom feeders, with month-to-month variations in quality.

IMHO if you have a decent accurate upper, pay extra and get the RRA 2-stage trigger kit. I love mine.

Jicko
04-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Looking at purchasing the Bushmaster LPK or the Rockriver Arms LPK. Both would be a standard trigger, no two-stage trigger needed. So... What's the difference between then, quality and functionally wise :confused:

Quality wise.... hands down... RRA!!

Function wise.... they function the same...

I had both sets in my hands side-by-side one time (actually I have 4 sets that time, Bushmaster, Stag, DPMS, RRA).... you can see the difference... you can feel the difference.... don't CHEAP out on these parts... the difference is SO small... (1box of 20 rounds XM193)!!

The Bushmaster one is generally more coarse, got more rough edges.... while the RRA one is all smoothed out....

Bushmaster is very close to Stag...

DPMS is the worst...

RRA is the best...

Solidsnake87
04-22-2008, 2:05 PM
They are the same basically. I have both and use both. I honestly don't buy anything but Stag LPKs now because the quality is the same and they are a lot cheaper.

peepshowal
04-22-2008, 2:54 PM
I bought a Bushmaster LPK and while it worked just fine the sharp-edged plastic trigger guard always bugged me. To me it made their kit seem unnecessarily cheap. The trigger guard was swapped out for an aluminum one and I never bought another Bushmaster LPK.

swhatb
04-22-2008, 9:03 PM
Thanks everyone....now to place an order :D

trinydex
04-23-2008, 6:08 PM
is rra's site the best place to order? i love the fact that they don't force you to take the nasty a2 grip

hk-p2000
04-23-2008, 6:22 PM
can someone elaborate and the 2 stage trigger what are the benefits.

aplinker
04-23-2008, 8:09 PM

lighter trigger pull, but still very safe because it's a long pull (2 stages).

FlyingPen
04-23-2008, 9:02 PM
Does anyone feel the bolt catch lug on the Stag LPK seems kind of small?

tophatjones
04-23-2008, 9:25 PM

A two stage trigger splits the trigger pull weight between two stages. This allows a 4.5lb pull to feel lighter than it actually is. For a semi auto, a heavier trigger pull (at least 4lb) is a good thing. However, the two stage trigger allows this heavier trigger pull to feel light. It is the best of both worlds, a light and crisp break with a safer heavy pull.

mattmcg
04-23-2008, 10:00 PM
RRA is the best LPK hands down. I've built a number of rifles for various parties using DPMS, Stag, CMMG, LMT, and RRA and by far the RRA is the best consistently. I'm also a big fan of the hex pistol grip screw with the RRA that you don't get with other LPKs. RRA's website or Coldwarshooters seem to have them in stock at the moment.

Not all roll pins are created equal!

FlyingPen
04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
What about Armalite vs. RRA kits?

aplinker
04-23-2008, 10:38 PM
What about Armalite vs. RRA kits?

Personally? Armalite. Quality is the same. I prefer the Armalite bolt release.

If you're doing the RRA 2-stage, though, it makes sense to do their kit (cuts the price).

IMHO, the Armalite standard trigger was a lot less gritty than what I'd come to expect from other brands. All clean up nicely (well... they get nice for what they are).

isitkool
04-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Personally? Armalite. Quality is the same. I prefer the Armalite bolt release.

If you're doing the RRA 2-stage, though, it makes sense to do their kit (cuts the price).

IMHO, the Armalite standard trigger was a lot less gritty than what I'd come to expect from other brands. All clean up nicely (well... they get nice for what they are).

Do you have a photo of the installed bolt release?

aplinker
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Do you have a photo of the installed bolt release?

I had one I stole, but it got pulled... I just spent 10 minutes digging out my AR and trying to take a pic, only to find both my digicams have dead batteries. :mad:

Remind me tomorrow, unless someone else has a close-up?

FlyingPen
04-23-2008, 10:56 PM
What's better about the bolt release?

isitkool
04-25-2008, 1:13 AM
Got the pic yet?

I had one I stole, but it got pulled... I just spent 10 minutes digging out my AR and trying to take a pic, only to find both my digicams have dead batteries. :mad:

Remind me tomorrow, unless someone else has a close-up?