PDA

View Full Version : Q's about a LaRue tactical Mount--Exact height above bore for optics!

Solidsnake87
04-21-2008, 9:20 PM
This mount places the centerline of an optic 1.5 inches above the bore right?

Also, is this site safe to order from?

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=30

Thanks all!

WhiteDingo
04-21-2008, 9:49 PM
That's LaRue's website, so yes, it's safe.

I do believe the 1.5 is referring to the distance forward to scope is moved using that mount. They also have a 1.93" that is the same height, but longer forward.

USN CHIEF
04-21-2008, 9:51 PM

I do believe the 1.5 is referring to the distance forward to scope is moved using that mount. They also have a 1.93" that is the same height, but longer forward.

Larue Tactical has the best and fastest shipping than anyother company out there, plus not only will you get what you ordered, but you will also some other LR cool stuff that they throw in each order... Very secure place to order stuff from....

OutlawDon
04-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Negative....1.5 refers to the height.

They have 3 mounts of interests....

LT-104....the 1.5" above bore

LT-135....it's 1.93" above bore

LT-139....1.5" above AND extended forward

aplinker
04-21-2008, 10:25 PM
That's pretty much the only place it makes sense to order LT gear from. Their dealer discount is about 10%.

See
04-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Not to mention customer service doesnt get much better than LaRue.

NiteQwill
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
How fast do they usually ship out after an order? I ordered last night and waiting for an email reply to a quick question. So I was just curious on everyone's experience.

USN CHIEF
04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
How fast do they usually ship out after an order? I ordered last night and waiting for an email reply to a quick question. So I was just curious on everyone's experience.

Once your credit card clears, you get the tracking info..... If not, once you call them via phone, they get right to it and email reply with in minutes:eek:

OutlawDon
04-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Wrong...or you're using a defective ruler.

It's the distance from the line of sight through the optic and the top of the rail.

My bad...that's what I meant....from the top of rail, not bore, as every AR15 upper is different.

But bottom line, the number is the height, not distance forward.

Solidsnake87
04-21-2008, 11:06 PM
So anybody wanna tell me how high above the bore this mount places you scope? I need that variable for the NF software I ordered. :D

USN CHIEF
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
So anybody wanna tell me how high above the bore this mount places you scope? I need that variable for the NF software I ordered. :D

If you email LT they will tell you exactly, if you want to see what your rifle will look with that mount, tell them what kind of rifle you got and they will send you pics... Yes, they are that good when it comes to customer service...

aplinker
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
If you email LT they will tell you exactly, if you want to see what your rifle will look with that mount, tell them what kind of rifle you got and they will send you pics... Yes, they are that good when it comes to customer service...

He's mounting it on a super-soaker, will they show him that?

USN CHIEF
04-21-2008, 11:37 PM
He's mounting it on a super-soaker, will they show him that?

I am almost willing to bet my left testicle that they will if you ask them to:eek::D

aplinker
04-22-2008, 12:32 AM
I am almost willing to bet my left testicle that they will if you ask them to:eek::D

Well, are you or aren't you? Booshanky will do the honors if you're wrong. :)

maxicon
04-22-2008, 12:12 PM

Typical height over bore for the iron sights is 2.6". According to Bushmaster, when the sights are mechanically zeroed, the spec is 2.567 +/- .005, but 2.6" should be close enough.

The iron sights are also about 1.4" above the flat top. This implies the flat top is 1.2" above the bore.

So, to get height over bore for any particular mount or ring, add 1.2" to the centerline height of the mount.

pc_city
04-22-2008, 6:11 PM
IIRC there is 1.215 height above bore for an M4 upper. So The LaRue mount will bring you to 2.715 HOB.

Solidsnake87
05-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I just receive an e-mail from bushmaster. The Larue tactical mount will create a height above bore for the scope of exactly 2.717 inches. Just thought I'd share!