PDA

View Full Version : Yet another AR question...

MILLITIAof1
04-21-2008, 7:00 PM
If I got some clp in the gas tube of a AR would it eventually blow itself out? Would it cause a restriction in the gas flow?

C.G.
04-21-2008, 7:24 PM
If I got some clp in the gas tube of a AR would it eventually blow itself out? Would it cause a restriction in the gas flow?

Try to clean it out before you shoot. CLP does not belong in the gas tube. Pipe cleaner might do the trick.

MILLITIAof1
04-21-2008, 7:27 PM
Try to clean it out before you shoot. CLP does not belong in the gas tube. Pipe cleaner might do the trick.

I already shot it, I am trying to pin point the cause of the short stroking.

USN CHIEF
04-21-2008, 7:31 PM
I already shot it, I am trying to pin point the cause of the short stroking.

How much CLP did you get in there, and how did you manage to get CLP there:confused:

MILLITIAof1
04-21-2008, 7:32 PM
I just read that a blast of gun scrubber will flush out the gas tube.
anyone have any input on this?

MILLITIAof1
04-21-2008, 7:33 PM
How much CLP did you get in there, and how did you manage to get CLP there:confused:

not a lot, and you dont want to know...

USN CHIEF
04-21-2008, 7:35 PM
Just get some of them swabs that they sell for the gas tube and clean it out like that, then you should be GTG...

Blue
04-21-2008, 7:38 PM
Did the little straw pop out and stay in the tube? :D

aplinker
04-21-2008, 7:43 PM
I just read that a blast of gun scrubber will flush out the gas tube.
anyone have any input on this?

Gunscrubber will clean it out, just warm it up a bit after using (gets cold, causes condensation, leaves water) and lube anything that needs it after using.

MILLITIAof1
04-21-2008, 7:46 PM
Gunscrubber will clean it out, just warm it up a bit after using (gets cold, causes condensation, leaves water) and lube anything that needs it after using.

I'm going to start calling you Radio Shack, I got questions and you have answers:)

redcliff
04-21-2008, 8:23 PM
I'd be surprised if clp remained in the tube after the first shot considerring how much pressure the tube receives when you fire.

Were you using different ammo? Did you insert one round in the magazine and fire it to see if it locked the bolt open to determine you were short-stroking?

MILLITIAof1
04-21-2008, 8:32 PM
I used armscore, prvi partizin, pmc. It seems like the problem might be progressively getting better. I guess I will just have to keep on shooting a few hundred rounds of ammo through it everyday until it gets better :D

MILLITIAof1
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I made my attempt at cleaning out my gas tube last night by using gun scrubber and blowing it out...
Went to angeles range today and had only 1 feeding issue out of 360 rounds:D
It felt sooo good to have a rifle that worked propperly. :)