PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Arms K40-GL

vf111
04-21-2008, 4:58 PM
OK, I know Olympic doesn't get much love here or on Ar15forum.com. However, they are the only guys making factory 9mm and 40SW AR type rifles that use what is a commonly available mag: namely Glock mags:

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=60&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=59&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

Anyways, looking at the SB23 list, the Olympics that are banned are defined as "AR-15, CAR-97, PCR (all)" so an Olympic model named K40-GL looks like an OLL to me. If you're like me and have a stack of pre-ban hi-cap Glock mags sitting around and install a MMG, this would be a good set-up for a pistol caliber AR. What say the experts here?

aplinker
04-21-2008, 5:11 PM
Does it actually say that on the lower is all that matters. Or rather, does it NOT say AR-15, etc etc.

I haven't seen one, but I'm betting it says AR-15. If not, I'd be happy to get one. :)

Vectrexer
04-21-2008, 6:23 PM
Another 40 Cal rifle is always interesting to me. Thanks for the links

Quiet
04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
There was an Olympic Arms K9-GL on gunbroker a few months back and the pics that were posted showed the reciever marked as K9-GL.

Since, it's not marked as a banned by make/model AR, it's an OLL and, with the proper mods, CA legal.

Problem is there is an extremely long waiting list for either the K9-GL & K40-GL and Olympic Arms does not sell the GL lowers by themselves.

I want an Olympic Arms K9-GL, with short A2 stock and MMG, so I can use my old Glock 33round mags.

vf111
04-22-2008, 8:35 AM
There was an Olympic Arms K9-GL on gunbroker a few months back and the pics that were posted showed the reciever marked as K9-GL.

Since, it's not marked as a banned by make/model AR, it's an OLL and, with the proper mods, CA legal.

Problem is there is an extremely long waiting list for either the K9-GL & K40-GL and Olympic Arms does not sell the GL lowers by themselves.

I want an Olympic Arms K9-GL, with short A2 stock and MMG, so I can use my old Glock 33round mags.

I was wondering what the markings on the receivers were; if they do say KXX-GL then you bet they're OLL. Also, the FH will also have to be removed to go detachable mags w/ MMG but that's easy to do. I wonder if LanWorld or CWS can hook us up?