PDA

View Full Version : Oakland: Taking Your Rifle Out to Eat? Anti-Robbery Tactic?

oaklander
04-21-2008, 3:28 PM
With all the restaurant robberies taking place in Oakland, it's getting pretty dicey out there!!!

I live in Oakland, but don't want the the fear of getting robbed keeping me stuck inside at night.

Since I can't legally carry a concealed loaded (or unloaded) pistol, I came up with this idea:

Maybe next time I go out to eat, I just happen to take one of my Romy G's (unloaded, of course), but with a couple of fully loaded regular-capacity mags in the bag.

I could use a "discreet rifle case," and if anyone asks, tell them it's a guitar.

I can't think of any laws that I would be breaking, and if the restaurant WAS robbed, I would love to see the look on those punk gang-banger's faces as I pulled out my AK. (Assuming I could pull it out quickly enough and load it). . .

:D

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/CASE-015.jpg

jcaoloveshine
04-21-2008, 3:30 PM
hm, if it was robbed it would be quite tricky to take it out and load it without being seen.

oaklander
04-21-2008, 3:31 PM
hm, if it was robbed it would be quite tricky to take it out and load it without being seen.

Maybe under the table?

I noticed from watching the video of one of the attacks that the robbers don't really do a good job of covering all of the patrons. All I would need would be about 5 or 10 seconds with them NOT looking at me. . .

mymonkeyman
04-21-2008, 3:43 PM
It may be legal, but you know you will get arrested if SHTF.

cackinthebox
04-21-2008, 3:43 PM
if OPD showed up during the robbery they'd shoot you first. they shot that kid dead for waiving a .22 at them. why not just open carry an unloaded handgun? everyone else seems to be getting away with it at restaurants.

Jicko
04-21-2008, 3:44 PM
$12.99 sol'n

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AA9TZKQEL._SS260_.jpg

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-7872286-4327839?ASIN=B00002MZ8R&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B00002MZ8R|Student_Guitar_Case&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B00002MZ8R&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

Now, you would/should sit back to the wall and facing the entrance door and at the table that is furtherest the door.

USN CHIEF
04-21-2008, 3:45 PM
I think that you got a fine idea there.. Do it...

oaklander
04-21-2008, 3:46 PM
What would the charge be?

It may be legal, but you know you will get arrested if SHTF.

cackinthebox
04-21-2008, 3:46 PM
i think if you open carried any potential robbers or what ever would just think you were off duty PD. i mean, thats what i think when i see open carry guys in plain clothes, badge or not. whats teh deal with that? if your shirts tucked in and you can clearly see the gun on your waist its open carry? but if you put on a jacket its suddenly illegal concealed carry?

SunriseF150
04-21-2008, 3:47 PM
I think Open Carry of a pistol would be a lot better option. If you are sitting at a booth, just sit so it's on the inside, not visible to people walking along side the table. You never know, one of the robbers might steal your "expensive guitar" and then you won't have anything.

oaklander
04-21-2008, 3:51 PM
I thought about the open carry idea, but ruled it out due to firepower issues.

Of course, this is all theoretical, but if I *was* in a restaurant that was robbed, I'd rather have a rifle with 60 rounds of 7.62x39 than a pistol with 10 or 20 rounds of 9 or 45.

Since either way, I'd have to load - the issue would be loading fast and discreetly - I think the pistol has the advantage - but again - the firepower issues seem to mitigate in favor of a rifle.

:)

Hopi
04-21-2008, 3:52 PM
At this level, why not just carry a small lockable case and carry a handgun? Unlocking the case would be much faster than these other ideas.....

oaklander
04-21-2008, 3:53 PM
Ummm. . .

I'm also a crappy shot with a handgun - but I'm an excellent shot with a rifle. . .

Hopi
04-21-2008, 3:54 PM
I thought about the open carry idea, but ruled it out due to firepower issues.

Of course, this is all theoretical, but if I *was* in a restaurant that was robbed, I'd rather have a rifle with 60 rounds of 7.62x39 than a pistol with 10 or 20 rounds of 9 or 45.

Since either way, I'd have to load - the issue would be loading fast and discreetly - I think the pistol has the advantage - but again - the firepower issues seem to mitigate in favor of a rifle.

I posted a bit too late.

I would think that if you needed 60 rds of x39 to battle it out with some restaurant bandits....well........

Hopi
04-21-2008, 3:55 PM
Ummm. . .

I'm also a crappy shot with a handgun - but I'm an excellent shot with a rifle. . .

Perhaps two SBS C & R toys tucked into a backpack then? :D

oaklander
04-21-2008, 3:57 PM
LOL!!!

Good point. . .

I'm so used to doing tactical rifle competitions that I forget the the typical scenario doesn't involve 12 to 15 BG's trying to shoot you!!!

I posted a bit too late.

I would think that if you needed 60 rds of x39 to battle it out with some restaurant bandits....well........

ricknadine1111
04-21-2008, 3:58 PM
I CANT REMEMBER BUT THERE USE TO BE A GUN IN A SUITCASE OR BREIFCASE . Dam caps locks are attacking again ,I had to give them a beat down.:boxing_smiley:

cackinthebox
04-21-2008, 3:59 PM
you're an attorney right? shouldnt be too big of a hassle for you to get a CCW.

oaklander
04-21-2008, 4:00 PM
you're an attorney right? shouldnt be too big of a hassle for you to get a CCW.

Yes - but I'm still trying to think of a good "good cause" statement.

EDIT: this is a fun thread!!! I'd probably never actually do this (take my rifle out to eat) - but it's interesting to think about the logistics and legality of it.

cackinthebox
04-21-2008, 4:03 PM
nobody likes lawyers :)

cackinthebox
04-21-2008, 4:04 PM
i kid, i kid. has anyone ever made a threat on your life? do you carry large amounts of cash? work downtown?

oaklander
04-21-2008, 4:04 PM
nobody likes lawyers :)

So true. So true. When people ask me now - I tell them that I do marketing (which is closer to the truth anyways).

;)

Neil McCauley
04-21-2008, 4:06 PM
Excuse meh... but I yam juss here for a drink.http://lsc.mit.edu/schedule/archives/design1996/old_terms/Sp96/Graphics/desperado1.GIF

DRM6000
04-21-2008, 4:17 PM
how about this? don't wear jewelry, carry an old, empty wallet and carry a cheap money clip with a $10 on the outside and $1's on the inside? give the cash and wallet to them when it's your turn to give up the goods. i doubt they look through each wallet or purse. they'll see the cash in the money clip and be satisfied to move on the next victim.

WokMaster1
04-21-2008, 4:21 PM
$12.99 sol'n

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AA9TZKQEL._SS260_.jpg

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-7872286-4327839?ASIN=B00002MZ8R&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B00002MZ8R|Student_Guitar_Case&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B00002MZ8R&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

Now, you would/should sit back to the wall and facing the entrance door and at the table that is furtherest the door.

No way Jicko. What if the Chinese restaurant owner insists that you entertain the restaurant?:D C'mon Jicko! Play some music for us. I give you free wonton..:p

Oaklander,
how about this?
pack a KelTec SU-15 in a tennis bag. Keep a tennis racket on one side so it can keep its shape. Have spare mags readily available in the outside compartment. Pretty discreet. I think locking the pin is the biggest challenge.

Jicko
04-21-2008, 4:27 PM
Yes - but I'm still trying to think of a good "good cause" statement.

Needing to frequent court houses and have to be around criminals are good enough cause, isn't it?

aplinker
04-21-2008, 4:45 PM
Perhaps two SBS C & R toys tucked into a backpack then? :D

A SBS might be considered concealable. Who would you need two, though?

I'm pretty sure a lot of AOWs are considered concealable.

trinydex
04-21-2008, 4:47 PM
I posted a bit too late.

you prolly live in liberty city

xYourLocalAR15x
04-21-2008, 4:48 PM
why dont you just eat with a rocket launcher

M. Sage
04-21-2008, 4:53 PM
It's not a bad idea. At the BWO party, I realized how easy it is to uncase a rifle (or three) under a table in a crowded restaurant and not have anybody (or many people, anyway) notice, even when you've got to clear the rifles for safety's sake...

Practice inserting mags, and I'd bet that you can have it out of that case and loaded in a matter of 5 seconds or less. Just gotta be quiet with the charging handle, or rack it with your left hand as you come out of your seat. :43:

Ok, I'm putting way too much thought into this.... :TFH:

mymonkeyman
04-21-2008, 4:55 PM
What would the charge be?

If you had to shoot someone, then discharging a firearm in public, assault with a deadly weapon, murder. Self-defense is an affirmative defense so cops don't have to believe you at the scene.

Even if you didn't shoot someone, possession of a loaded weapon. Again, even assuming they had to believe you that it was unloaded prior to SHTF (which they don't), the exception that allows you to load the rifle when SHTF is a self-defense exception, which cops don't have to believe you about at the scene.

Also you mentioned 60 rounds of ammo. Is this a BB or an MMG AK or is this registered. If it was registered then you would be in trouble because carrying around a registered AK unlocked (as well as other limitations is a big no no).

Whether the charges stick is a whole different matter.

hitmeallday900
04-21-2008, 4:57 PM
I lived in Oakland but when i had a kid i moved the family. But nothing beats my 6" .357 in the diaper bag with 2 speed loaders. Im pretty sure all they want is my wallet and my wifes purse so they will bypass the hello kitty bag. :D:D:D

aplinker
04-21-2008, 4:58 PM
btw, Oaklander...

When I first read the title I thought you were looking for somewhere to take your rifle out to eat... I've heard of some people sleeping with their rifles, but I guess yours demanded a little romance, too?

It's not a bad idea. At the BWO party, I realized how easy it is to uncase a rifle (or three) under a table in a crowded restaurant and not have anybody (or many people, anyway) notice, even when you've got to clear the rifles for safety's sake...

Practice inserting mags, and I'd bet that you can have it out of that case and loaded in a matter of 5 seconds or less. Just gotta be quiet with the charging handle, or rack it with your left hand as you come out of your seat. :43:

Ok, I'm putting way too much thought into this.... :TFH:

Bolt held open with an IDF mag insert attached to 30rd mag on an AR would seem ideal, to me.

aplinker
04-21-2008, 4:59 PM
I lived in Oakland but when i had a kid i moved the family. But nothing beats my 6" .357 in the diaper bag with 2 speed loaders. Im pretty sure all they want is my wallet and my wifes purse so they will bypass the hello kitty bag. :D:D:D

Hope you've got a CCW.

hitmeallday900
04-21-2008, 5:03 PM
Hope you've got a CCW.

Nope got a daughter ill only pull it if i feel like my family will be dangered but the perp is welcomed to my assets even car keys...I dont mind going to jail as long as my wife and daughter can continue to be free and enjoy life.

Casual Observer
04-21-2008, 5:06 PM
Just cause it's cool.

Go ol' school. Tommy gun in a violin case

http://k53.pbase.com/g6/05/388005/2/73042834.blPZOM3A.jpg

Jaiofspam
04-21-2008, 5:10 PM
you just need these :rolleyes:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bce_nYTN6ZI
http://www.swordsofmight.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=344

Hopi
04-21-2008, 5:18 PM
A SBS might be considered concealable. Who would you need two, though?

I'm pretty sure a lot of AOWs are considered concealable.

Ok then, three.

I know that handguns must be transported unloaded, but what about rifles, shotguns, or c & r SBS transported in a locked case?

aplinker
04-21-2008, 5:27 PM
Ok then, three.

I know that handguns must be transported unloaded, but what about rifles, shotguns, or c & r SBS transported in a locked case?

All firearms in city limits must be unloaded unless you have a ccw.

Saigon1965
04-21-2008, 5:39 PM
You need to get an sp-89 and one of those diplomat protection case CCF was selling back in the 80's. It'll do the trick.

oaklander
04-21-2008, 5:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. My "though-experiment" is based on the premise of an OLL AK with a MMG and some pre-bans. Off-list means it doesn't have to be in a locked case.

It would be fun to organize an unofficial Calguns "guitar party" and head out to a local restaurant.

Regarding the idea of just giving in to the robbers - something about that doesn't sit right with me. It's only a matter of time before the robbers get bolder or crazier and start shooting patrons. I wouldn't want to trust my life to the whims of a 17 year-old who is probably high on drugs.

C.G.
04-21-2008, 5:44 PM
Whatever you do, don't buy the UTG case. Mine lasted less than a year before the stitching started to pull the material apart.

Ech0Sierra
04-21-2008, 5:56 PM
You don't even have to open this thing!
http://www.specialoperations.com/Weapons/mp5kcase.jpg

Jaiofspam
04-21-2008, 6:01 PM
or the fmg-9 :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VK2Et0NXoRk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ctPyeNZqFho&feature=related

Casual Observer
04-21-2008, 6:12 PM
or the fmg-9 :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VK2Et0NXoRk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ctPyeNZqFho&feature=related

I wish they would produce that. Be a pretty slick addition to a CCW permit I think ;)

SuperSet
04-21-2008, 6:21 PM
Oaklander, you do know this would make a fine idea for the monthly rifle Tac Rifle competitions right? So, who has a spare guitar case..

aplinker
04-21-2008, 6:35 PM
The Magpul folding gun is an SBR. You can't have it here.

That's a disguised weapon. Felony.

Bowser
04-21-2008, 6:36 PM
Open carry a mosin nagant, that way if your dinner happens to include fondue, it will be a great double dipping deterrent also.

tophatjones
04-21-2008, 6:38 PM
If you're going to use an actual guitar case, you'd better figure out how to deal with the guitarphiles like me. There's always a chance someone wants to check out and drool over your "guitar". Best thing to do is to tell people it's a cello (believe it or not, when I carry my guitar case (with a guitar in it), some people have asked me if I was carrying a cello...lol)

ETA, my standard rifle case is a soft guitar case, but I have never tried carrying them anywhere besides the shooting range.

Saigon1965
04-21-2008, 6:48 PM
That's exactly what i was referring to.

hoffmang
04-21-2008, 6:50 PM
Oak,

I'd join you going out to eat with my "guitar." Now, I'd carry and MMG AR with the bolt back on the bolt stop catch and two 30's. You are perfectly legal while unloaded.

Monkey: If I stopped a crime in progress with an OL AK or AR, I wouldn't really care much about an overnight at the local hoosegow. I've been to worse summer camps. Charges referred to a DA are not convictions as I know you know.

Also to reiterate: Firearms cases that allow you to fire the firearm from the case are felonies in California.

-Gene

Riodog
04-21-2008, 6:57 PM
Oaklander, By carry the darned pistol and being discrete you should have no problems. If you should have to use it I've always felt that it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. A self defense scenario negates the misdemeanor anyway. I'm not advocating that you break the law, but I'm also not advocating you allow the law to break you.

Just an observation. I've yet to meet any attorney that was half way worth a damn that couldn't either talk his way out of a ccw charge or come up with a line of crap that would pass for 'good cause'.
Might I suggest TEAM BILLY JACK?
Rio

Saigon1965
04-21-2008, 7:15 PM
We know, just joshing Oaklander a bit.

Also to reiterate: Firearms cases that allow you to fire the firearm from the case are felonies in California.

-Gene

oaklander
04-21-2008, 7:28 PM
Just ordered a guitar case from Ebay.

It has a big pocket on the front for sheet music (or magazines). . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PRO-PADDED-DELUXE-ACOUSTIC-GUITAR-SOFT-CASE-GIGBAG_W0QQitemZ190215621836QQihZ009QQcategoryZ208 30QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like the "Calguns Playa's" will be having dinner in Oakland soon.

dwa
04-21-2008, 7:30 PM
youd prolly want to be sure that your not agrevating the situation mostly theyre just a bunch of punks who are just trying to grab a couple bucks im not defending them but would you rather have to cancel your credit cards or explain your envolvement with starting the the O.K. corral at chilis. if any of your shots overpenetrate theres a good chance there going into a bystander and if you miss the same, secondly theres an exteremly high chance of return fire and im going to assume there not as good a shot as you once again leading to the bystander thing. If they steal your case thinking its a guitar have a fun time explaining that when u report your weapon stolen. worst case they kill you while your loading and the situation degenerates to a hollywood style shootout with your weapon. when the movie comes out i doubt you would be looked back on positively. not to mention pistol caliber smgs are favored in mout because the lessened chance of colateral damage. using a rifle caliber weapon like the ones most likely suggested would have all kinds of colateral damage issues. additionally the ak type weapon doesnt have a very mount friendly safety (credentials 18 months and 2 birthdays in iraq)

oaklander
04-21-2008, 7:33 PM
Damn - the voice of reason. . .

youd prolly want to be sure that your not agrevating the situation mostly theyre just a bunch of punks who are just trying to grab a couple bucks im not defending them but would you rather have to cancel your credit cards or explain your envolvement with starting the the O.K. corral at chilis. if any of your shots overpenetrate theres a good chance there going into a bystander and if you miss the same, secondly theres an exteremly high chance of return fire and im going to assume there not as good a shot as you once again leading to the bystander thing. If they steal your case thinking its a guitar have a fun time explaining that when u report your weapon stolen. worst case they kill you while your loading and the situation degenerates to a hollywood style shootout with your weapon. when the movie comes out i doubt you would be looked back on positively. not to mention pistol caliber smgs are favored in mout because the lessened chance of colateral damage. using a rifle caliber weapon like the ones most likely suggested would have all kinds of colateral damage issues. additionally the ak type weapon doesnt have a very mount friendly safety (credentials 18 months and 2 birthdays in iraq)

FEDUPWBS
04-21-2008, 7:43 PM
So you recommend an MP-5? AND welcome to calguns!

Saigon1965
04-21-2008, 7:47 PM
MP-5SD because we're within city limits.

So you recommend an MP-5? AND welcome to calguns!

Juliet Lima
04-21-2008, 8:11 PM
I didn't read through the entire thread so sorry if someone mentioned it...

Isn't carrying a loaded magazine considered carrying a loaded weapon? I realize a rifle can be carried unloaded. But, isn't it illegal to have a loaded magazine in public? I could be wrong...especially if no one else mentioned it.

oaklander
04-21-2008, 8:16 PM
No - it's OK to have a loaded magazine. Just can't have it in the rifle.

I didn't read through the entire thread so sorry if someone mentioned it...

Isn't carrying a loaded magazine considered carrying a loaded weapon? I realize a rifle can be carried unloaded. But, isn't it illegal to have a loaded magazine in public? I could be wrong...especially if no one else mentioned it.

Casual Observer
04-21-2008, 8:42 PM
The Magpul folding gun is an SBR. You can't have it here.

No one is going to have it. IIRC, it was an in house R&D project only. No plans for production past a few 'proof of concept' prototypes.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2008, 9:06 PM
Isn't there a law about a camoflaging firearms container?
If it looked too much like a non-firearm bag (like a guitar bag), that might get you in trouble. I seem to remember the violin cases for tommy guns being illegal.
Also, I would probably recommend something other than an ak type weapon. I can just hear the news "Restaurant patron armed with AK-47 gets into gun fight with would-be robbers and sprays the restaurant with bullets."
I really think that if you are going to do this, you are better off with something else, and something that isn't .30 cal, a ruger pc carbine, keltec, or hell even an m1 carbine

aplinker
04-21-2008, 9:07 PM
Yes, the magpul isnt' being made... I was pointing out that it's also an SBR, so even if it were.

If it looked too much like a non-firearm bag (like a guitar bag), that might get you in trouble. I seem to remember the violin cases for tommy guns being illegal.
Also, I would probably recommend something other than an ak type weapon. I can just hear the news "Restaurant patron armed with AK-47 gets into gun fight with would-be robbers and sprays the restaurant with bullets."
I really think that if you are going to do this, you are better off with something else, and something that isn't .30 cal, a ruger pc carbine, keltec, or hell even an m1 carbine

There's no issue unless you can fire the gun through the bag.

oaklander
04-21-2008, 9:09 PM
Yes - I was also thinking about using my M1 Carbine. . .

Guitar cases are fine if you can't fire the gun from outside the case:

(9) As used in this section, a "camouflaging firearm container"
means a container which meets all of the following criteria:
(A) It is designed and intended to enclose a firearm.
(B) It is designed and intended to allow the firing of the
enclosed firearm by external controls while the firearm is in the
container.
(C) It is not readily recognizable as containing a firearm.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2008, 9:15 PM
got, yeah, should have checked P.C. before I went off.

I really think a 7.62 round is probably over kill.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2008, 9:30 PM
probably also can get something like this as close to 30" without going under as anything else

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/097792000/97792827/pix771142171.jpg
Image robbed from gunbroker auction

Ech0Sierra
04-21-2008, 9:36 PM
This is not the MagPul Glock 18 SBR, it's an H&K MP5K inside the tactical undercover briefcase, I wasn't advocating the use nor illegal purchase of it, just seeing as it is a picture of what Saigon meant, and an interesting example of firearms inside a special case.

blackberg
04-21-2008, 10:05 PM

with a bit of luck the Whole gang will show up and you will be able to take them all out, and be leave oakland crime free, or just leave it wide open for the rival gang to move in:D

-bb

Neil McCauley
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
This is not the MagPul Glock 18 SBR, it's an H&K MP5K inside the tactical undercover briefcase, I wasn't advocating the use nor illegal purchase of it, just seeing as it is a picture of what Saigon meant, and an interesting example of firearms inside a special case.

Hmm, can they make this case for our Cali-legal BW-5s? I mean really, all you had to do is use a longer suitcase and make sure the mag is pinned or get rid of the pg.

chsk9
04-21-2008, 11:14 PM
When they burst through the door just yell "TIME OUT...KINGS X!!! " and then during the mandated pause in the robbery you can get the case, unzip it, remove the weapon, load it, cycle the action, before jumping into the action... sounds like a plan to me! :eek:

aplinker
04-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Hmm, can they make this case for our Cali-legal BW-5s? I mean really, all you had to do is use a longer suitcase and make sure the mag is pinned or get rid of the pg.

What's special about the HK? A Ruger PC9 or PC4 is the same thing.

You can't have a rifle under 30". He wants a rifle, not a pistol.

JayRuff
04-21-2008, 11:42 PM
I got one of those UTG rifle cases, keeps the anti-gunnies eyes off me when I'm carrying it to my car, by the way, what about a 12 gauge with 00 buckshots? perfect for close range

oaklander
04-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Ah - I totally forgot about my folding stock 870 - that thing is short when folded!!!

EDIT: - but it takes a while to load. . .

I got one of those UTG rifle cases, keeps the anti-gunnies eyes off me when I'm carrying it to my car, by the way, what about a 12 gauge with 00 buckshots? perfect for close range

s2000news
04-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Pistol is still my choice. Small, accurate and fast to load. In the 'store' scenario, you won't have long shots, and don't want any collateral damage.

Send a pic of your new case though. :) Love to see it!

aplinker
04-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Ah - I totally forgot about my folding stock 870 - that thing is short when folded!!!

EDIT: - but it takes a while to load. . .

Knoxx sidewinder :)

berkeleygiraffe
04-22-2008, 8:52 AM
i hate to say this but why not just avoid the problems and eat out elsewhere or order take out?

Saigon1965
04-22-2008, 9:01 AM
Oaklander is talking about a scenario.

i hate to say this but why not just avoid the problems and eat out elsewhere or order take out?

xrMike
04-22-2008, 9:03 AM
you're an attorney right? shouldnt be too big of a hassle for you to get a CCW.Actually, NO.

The "good moral character" requirement effectively precludes lawyers from ever obtaining a CCW -- no matter how valid their good cause...

j/k oaklander! :p

I love lawyer jokes; can't pass 'em up.

pullnshoot25
04-22-2008, 9:52 AM
Here is an idea... SxS shotgun with 18" barrels. That is just under 3' long and if equipped with ejectors, fairly quick to load. My H&R single shot 12ga would be just about ideal if only it were hammerless and had 2 barrels. It is very quick to load and reload a SxS, btw... dont know if any of you have tried, but man, it is pretty damned quick.

Mossberg 500ATP 20" shown for comparison purposes.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/pullnshoot25/100_1795.jpg

aplinker
04-22-2008, 10:09 AM
You could cut down the SxS if you got a C&R, too.

Here is an idea... SxS shotgun with 18" barrels. That is just under 3' long and if equipped with ejectors, fairly quick to load. My H&R single shot 12ga would be just about ideal if only it were hammerless and had 2 barrels. It is very quick to load and reload a SxS, btw... dont know if any of you have tried, but man, it is pretty damned quick.

Mossberg 500ATP 20" shown for comparison purposes.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/pullnshoot25/100_1795.jpg

pullnshoot25
04-22-2008, 10:21 AM
You could cut down the SxS if you got a C&R, too.

True enough.

Damn, I want to do that so bad too.

dwa
04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
im against the whole idea ie my earlier post but for arguemnets sake think about this http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg70-e.htmif it were olnly legal. 9mm 30 rnd mag folds to look like a radio or try this http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg93-e.htm

oaklander
05-02-2008, 7:48 PM
OK - my other thread got deleted for legitimate reasons I don't need to go into.

Anyways, like I was saying in the other thread, I have my guitar case, and an Oakland restaurant picked out.

Quite a few people sounded like they wanted to join in the fun - but unfortunately, I don't know who they are anymore, since the thread was deleted.

If you're still down for an Oakland Guitar Party - let me know. So far, I've got about three people who want to come - if we get more than that - I'll break it down into smaller parties.

Should be good, clean, legal fun!

Two Shots
05-02-2008, 9:26 PM
This is what you need! AR15 type 410 shotgun, It looks like a crowd pleaser.
http://www.safirarms.com/eng.html

sierratangofoxtrotunion
05-02-2008, 10:37 PM
I hadn't seen this thead before, but yeah, I'm interested!

norcal-ar
05-16-2008, 7:10 AM
find somewhere different to eat!

dwtt
05-16-2008, 8:25 PM
If you're still down for an Oakland Guitar Party - let me know. So far, I've got about three people who want to come - if we get more than that - I'll break it down into smaller parties.

Should be good, clean, legal fun!
When, where, and what type of food is there? I've been using a guitar case for 15 years to carry a rifle on my motorcycle.