PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster help!!!!

drummerdude1188
04-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey guys a friend of a friend is selling a Bushmaster AR. I dont know what model it is and I thought I remember seeing that some Bushy's were ok and some werent. Which ones are good and which ones arnt?

Jicko
04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Man, read the newbie thread, don't make yourself and your friend felonies!

Link from my signature.

PS. did that person "register" his rifle? and WHEN did he acquire that originally?

PPS. post some pics and we'll help you determine.... (so will DOJ's watchers)

aplinker
04-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Calm down, Jicko...

There are plenty of ways this could be just fine.

The Carbon-15 is off-list, but all the XM-15 rifles are on the list.

It could be a sealed-up Bushmaster.

It could be a registered rifle.

The friend could be out of state and he's doing his HW.

drummerdude1188
04-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I dont know what the model is, but im geussing its a xm-15. I know those are a no go. He got it in 89-90, so did bushmaster make any other ar rifles back then? Im an AK guy and dont know **** about AR's. Hes a cop so dont worry, nothin illegal is gonna happen.

Prc329
04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
If it is an XM-15 and was registered I believe he will have to sell it threw an FFL with an AW license. I may be wrong. If he is out of state it won't matter. He can do as he pleases but not sell the lower to a CA resident.

aplinker
04-21-2008, 1:12 PM
It's probably not worth the hassle, since it's almost certainly an XM-15.

Just build something here for yourself.

WokMaster1
04-21-2008, 4:30 PM
I dont know what the model is, but im geussing its a xm-15. I know those are a no go. He got it in 89-90, so did bushmaster make any other ar rifles back then? Im an AK guy and dont know **** about AR's. Hes a cop so dont worry, nothin illegal is gonna happen.

Being a cop does not immune him to the laws of this fine state. Just ask Iggy. Unless he has registered the said rifle before the ban or is authorized by his CLEO for duty use, he is breaking the law.

Be careful & don't get yourselves in trouble.

ar15barrels
04-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Calm down, Jicko...

This is good advice in general. ;)

Stanze
04-21-2008, 11:58 PM
If he's selling it cheap, buy everything off of him except the lower receiver. Then, buy an OLL and assemble it with CA legal configuration.

Rinse, wash, repeat...

Linh
04-22-2008, 1:09 AM

So why are you askin a question on here. Shouldn't your cop friend know?

vega
04-22-2008, 7:51 AM
So why are you askin a question on here. Shouldn't your cop friend know?

OP is not asking legality on his original thread, he wants to know about quality of the bushmaster.

aplinker
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM
OP is not asking legality on his original thread, he wants to know about quality of the bushmaster.

He's implying legality, too.