PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY LEXINGTON & CONCORD WEEKEND!

Liberty1
04-20-2008, 9:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord

The Battles of Lexington and Concord were the first military engagements of the American Revolutionary War.[1] They were fought on April 19, 1775, in Middlesex County, Province of Massachusetts Bay, within the towns of Lexington, Concord, Lincoln, Menotomy (present-day Arlington), and Cambridge, near Boston. The battles marked the outbreak of open armed conflict between the Kingdom of Great Britain and its thirteen colonies in the mainland of British North America.

The first shots were fired just as the sun was rising at Lexington. The militia were outnumbered and fell back. Other British colonists, hours later at the North Bridge in Concord, fought and defeated three companies of the king's troops. The outnumbered soldiers of the British Army fell back from the Minutemen after a pitched battle in open territory.

What a fine California day for an affirmation of your Rights, fought and bleed for by better men then me on this day, by going for an open carry walk in your town!

aileron
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Darn im johnny come lately to this thread. Didnt see it yesterday.

Okay, Belated Happy April 19th. :patriot:

Liberty1
04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Darn im johnny come lately to this thread. Didnt see it yesterday.

Okay, Belated Happy April 19th. :patriot:

It wasn't here yesterday :p I missed it too, but I though better late then not at all considering '08 should be a good year for us with Heller, more Open Carry stories, and the HBO John Adams movie perhaps inspiring us toward a rebirth of freedom.

April 19th should be right up there with the Forth of July and not belatedly recognized the day after!

thegratenate
04-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I celebrated the 19th by taking my CCW class.

Hopefully next year I can participate in something more directly related.

Liberty1
04-20-2008, 11:49 AM
These Urbana, Ohioians did an open carry walk to celebrate April 19th, "Patriots Day" and posted pictures.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/9483-1.html

futureExpat
04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I celebrated by firing off some rounds at the "redcoat" targets at the piru APPLESEED event!!!

2nd event & still learned some things!!!!!

also had a blast!

theres another APPLESEED event in a couple weeks. sign up!

Ech0Sierra
04-20-2008, 12:29 PM
The British soldiers were there to seize Colonial muskets and cannons, something that spurred the inclusion of the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

jacques
04-20-2008, 9:23 PM
I celebrated by firing off some rounds at the "redcoat" targets at the piru APPLESEED event!!!

2nd event & still learned some things!!!!!

also had a blast!

theres another APPLESEED event in a couple weeks. sign up!

Yes, and so did I. Learned a lot, rifleman training is hard, and I am sore after a full weekend of it. I also learned I am not as good a shoot as I thought I was. I need a lot of practice. I am planning on going to another. I am also planning on helping out to get the PIRU Appleseed a bi-monthly event.

Were you the guy shooting next to me. I was wearing my Calguns hat, but nobody else said anything.

Liberty1
04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
http://patriotsdaywalk.blogspot.com/

The 1st Annual Patriots' Day Walk was held on April 19th , 2008 in Urbana , Ohio. This event was a celebration of freedom to commemorate the 233rd anniversary of "the shot heard round the world". On April 18th , 1775 Governor Gage ordered the redcoats to march into towns and seize and destroy all munnitions. On April 19th , 1775 the first shots were fired that would be the beginning of our countries fight for Independence and would insure our rights to bear arms.

This local event was organized to exercise our rights and to bring awareness to the community of the legality of "open carry". The walk was held in downtown Urbana and the event participants walked about 3 miles of the downtown area. There were many people driving by and staring and a few people even pulled over and asked about the event. A number of informational flyers were handed out to all who asked about the event. All in all it was a very positive experience. The weather couldn't have cooperated any better and law enforcement was friendly and smiled when driving by. One well wisher came by at the gathering point to wish us well but was unable to attend.

As we headed toward the square at the center of town we came upon an elderly gentleman who was there in support but was unable to march. He stood at that corner the entire time the group marched. He even handed out flyers to people who approached him with questions about the event. This gentleman was a Korean War Vet and we were deeply touched that he came and supported us the best way he could.

We made a stop at The Depot , a local coffee shop for a restroom break and to fuel up on water and coffee. The workers were very friendly and welcoming. A few customers seemed a bit startled but there was no major commotion. One woman entered The Depot while everyone was inside and said out loud " Oh no , I think I'll leave" and quickly exited the parking lot. No other negative comments were made.

After gathering for a group picture in front (several members had joined in after the walk began) we headed back up Miami Street. As we rounded the corner and headed up North main St. a truck pulled over and asked what we were doing. it was explained what the event was about and the feedback was very positive.

We ended the walk with a stop at The Family Table before parting ways. The waitress who greeted us as we entered was very friendly and was eager to hear all about the event. While we were there one gentleman approached us and said he was interested in the march but was a little unsure so he watched us march. He sat with us and discussed his confussion on some of the laws. After a lengthy discussion he assured us he would join us during next year's event. Also , during our meal we noticed one guy leave the establishment and return with a pistol strapped on in support. Pretty cool.

We would like to thank Tom Horch and Mike Craft for helping organize this year's event. There were participants from several areas of Ohio. We would like to acknowledge all participants for making this event a success. From Springfield we had Rob and his two sons , Randy , Amber and Daniel. From Cincinnati we had Jeff ; Englewood we had Kent ; Allen and Alana came from Oxford and Paul from Columbus. Tom Horch brought along his daughter Christy and his wife Aileen videotaped and photographed the event. I am sorry I didn't catch the old timers name on the corner but a special thanks to him.

We would also like to thank the city of Urbana , the Urbana Police Department , the dispatcher who surely had to field a few calls from startled passers-by , The Depot and the Family Table for welcoming us warmly and those who stopped to share their support.