PDA

View Full Version : WTS: 7.62x39 "shorty" AK47 carbines

HendersonDefense
04-17-2008, 3:26 PM
We still haven't received the RPK rifles but they did send us these without notice. The pistol grip will be removed prior to shipping and NO magazine is included. Just a note....we are waiting on a shipment of .223 and 7.62 double-stack ten-rounders for the California crew.

The rifle comes with the following:
- factory parkerized finish
- factory chrome-lined barrel
- Romanian brown leather sling
- new K-Var black Bulgarian stock and Century black polymer furniture
- threaded muzzle with welded muzzle brake
- chrome oil bottle
- new buttstock cleaning kit

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9291/fullshortek7.jpg
(without pistol grip removed for folks who want to use a bullet button)

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1135/calshortysx8.jpg
(representation of what the carbine will look like when received and HOW a Monster Man grip can be installed on this carbine).

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=38

Henderson Defense "Certified" WASR Rifles:

We have gone through and inspected every single rifle that we got in for straight rear sight bases, gas blocks and front sight bases. The the magazine well has been chamfered to remove the milled edges. You won't have to worry about hand-inspecting this rifle prior to purchase because we took away the anxiety of ordering a WASR online. We have "certified" these 7.62x39 shorty carbines to be sold online without concerns for returns or repairs.

Henderson Defense Industries
145 Gibson Road, Suite E
Henderson, NV 89014

http://www.HendersonDefense.com

marc4
04-17-2008, 3:36 PM
How much will this be selling for? Cost of shipping to California?
Will this included a 10 rounder magazine instead of the 30 rounder?

69Mach1
04-17-2008, 3:54 PM
Do you have the "shorty" version in .223?

apbrian112
04-17-2008, 4:30 PM
Do you have the "shorty" version in .223?

+1 would be interested in a .223 version...

mvpatriot
04-17-2008, 4:31 PM
whats the overall length? over 30" correct? if it is......
:Ivan:

HendersonDefense
04-17-2008, 4:39 PM
I apologize for not posting the price of the carbines :(

The price for the 7.62x39 carbines with the full-stock is $429.95 plus shipping (you can check shipping rates on the shopping cart) which will be under $20.

I haven't considered converting any to the .223 caliber but I don't think it would be to much of a problem.

Also, we don't have any of the 10-round magazines available (they still haven't shipped them to us).

69Mach1
04-17-2008, 4:50 PM
Hi HendersonDefense.
If you could convert one of your WASR 3 .223 rifles to look exactly like that, I'll take one along with my AES10B RPK I preordered eariler. PM'ed you for price of the conversion. Thanks.
--Mach

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9291/fullshortek7.jpg

apbrian112
04-17-2008, 5:23 PM
i'd be in for one of the 223's... pm me with payment info and cost. thanks... if you build them, we will come...

fireblast713
04-17-2008, 6:10 PM
what's the total length on one of those? And the Muzzle Brake is perm welded on?

69Mach1
04-17-2008, 6:23 PM
The total lenth with a 16in barrel and a "Warsaw" length fixed butt stock would be 35 inches. The barrel is 12 inches with a permanently welded on 4 inch muzzle brake.

apbrian112
04-17-2008, 6:50 PM
pm sent...

ptoguy2002
04-17-2008, 7:07 PM
I need (or would rather have) one of those gas/sight blocks for a PAR-1 conversion.
Any idea where to get one?

HendersonDefense
04-17-2008, 7:26 PM
I need (or would rather have) one of those gas/sight blocks for a PAR-1 conversion.
Any idea where to get one?

That my man.... is what I want to know. We could come up with some really cool conversions if we had these available but I just can't seem to find them :(

thanks,
Ron

maurice05
04-17-2008, 9:15 PM
do you have any thing in an AK 74 since i already have the 47 and if so at what price ?

mike22ca
04-18-2008, 9:56 AM
I like that, thats kinda sweet looking... the only thing Im skeptical of is it being a WASR :hide:

69Mach1
04-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned. These are "certified" WASR rifles from Henderson Defense. They have had they're front and rear sights checked for any cant, and the magazine wells are also checked and "adjusted" so there should be no problems.

mike22ca
04-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Now I have to decide WASR or 2-3 Spikes lowers ;) hehe

HendersonDefense
04-18-2008, 10:54 AM
:DI like that, thats kinda sweet looking... the only thing Im skeptical of is it being a WASR :hide:

Hi Mike,

At this very moment Andrew is going through each and every 7.62x39 rifle. The only problem that we have had with this lot is magazine fitment. It's about a 50/50 ration of normal lock-up and release and having to use a mallet handle to push the magazine lever back far enough to release the magazine. The receiver just has a little too much material in the posterior portion of the magazine well and he is using a jeweler's file to give it a straight edge.

Once he is done with the magazine well, he removes any of the metal residue left over from the conversion by Century Arms. The grease and cosmolene is then cleaned from the rifle.

Lastly, Jim checks for proper alignment of the rear and front sight bases. These rifles were sighted in from the factory and the front site posts may be drifted over but that is normal. If the front or rear sight base is canted, we do straighten it and adjust the front site post and use a boresight to get it dialed in.

This is all part of our "certified" system we have set up for our customers. Every manufacture has an issue here and there that slips by (including us) but we try our hardest to correct it. We are correcting potential issues before they ship so it saves us call/return from a customer, saves the customer the grief/hassle and saves Century... well saves them money :eek: :D

mike22ca
04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Very nice.

Another question, does they come with that optics rail mounts on them? Im thinking probably not but couldnt hurt to ask.

HendersonDefense
04-18-2008, 2:57 PM
Very nice.

Another question, does they come with that optics rail mounts on them? Im thinking probably not but couldnt hurt to ask.

Yes, the side-rail scope mount is standard on these rifles.

natedogg1777
04-18-2008, 3:27 PM
Is it possible to have you swap out the stock with a nice wood set, like on your .223 AK47? If so, how much? Definitely interested, thanks!

HendersonDefense
04-18-2008, 4:24 PM
Is it possible to have you swap out the stock with a nice wood set, like on your .223 AK47? If so, how much? Definitely interested, thanks!

Hi Nate,

I will be in the shop tomorrow and will have a chance to go over what we do and don't have. I am pretty sure I can take care of you with that but I want to be 100% before I commit.

Henderson Defense Industries :)

natedogg1777
04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
What was the verdict on whether or not you could throw a wood stock on there?

BlackReef
04-30-2008, 1:30 AM
What are the differences between these rifles and a standard AK-47?

I got maybe 2,000 rounds through the my HD AK-47, not a single malfunction

DrunkSkunk
04-30-2008, 1:35 AM
Ron -

What are the differences between these rifles and a standard AK-47?

Uhhhh.... they're carbines ....

BlackReef
04-30-2008, 1:53 AM
Uhhhh.... they're carbines ....
These carbines don't look much shorter than an AK? How much shorter are they?

DrunkSkunk
04-30-2008, 2:05 AM
These carbines don't look much shorter than an AK? How much shorter are they?

That's because of that big arse muzzle brake to bring the barrel length to 16"

Capt Jack
05-26-2008, 4:55 PM
So, did anyone ever get one of these? They look like a good value!

HendersonDefense
05-28-2008, 12:40 AM
We are down to our last few WASR AK's. These WASR's have a side rail scop mount on the receiver. If we get more we will be glad to sell them to California guys but we don't know when or if we will receive anymore shipments. Century isn't shipping any rifles to us at this point but we have been told that when they are available, we will get them :mad:

Andrew has gone through these to make sure they are straight and the best ones available. All the other WASR's that didn't meet the owners standards were sold to other dealers. The owner didn't want any of his customers getting a crooked rifle (we call them banana rifles) and got rid of them. If you have ANY problems with them, we have a no-hassle return policy.

Regards,
Doug

darkone
05-28-2008, 2:39 PM
I just got mine yesterday. It spent all day at the range right out of the box.
The extended break to meet length actually looks half decent. The break works really well. This rifle has by far less recoil than my standard WASR 10 does.
I had a few feed issues with it right off the bat, but after about 5 magazines it worked itself out. Out of the box the sights were dead on. Able to hit the gong at 200yards with no adjustment. I did not shoot paper for groupings yet but will on the next range trip.

Henderson Defense made my memorial weekend great. They made sure it was sent to my dealer ASAP to get my 10 day over just in time. They also followed up via email.

Thanks.

natedogg1777
05-30-2008, 8:56 PM
We are down to our last few WASR AK's. These WASR's have a side rail scop mount on the receiver. If we get more we will be glad to sell them to California guys but we don't know when or if we will receive anymore shipments. Century isn't shipping any rifles to us at this point but we have been told that when they are available, we will get them :mad:

Andrew has gone through these to make sure they are straight and the best ones available. All the other WASR's that didn't meet the owners standards were sold to other dealers. The owner didn't want any of his customers getting a crooked rifle (we call them banana rifles) and got rid of them. If you have ANY problems with them, we have a no-hassle return policy.

Regards,
Doug

Henderson Defense,

I had asked several weeks ago if it was possible to swap out the furniture for a nice wood set (like on the .223 AK on your site). Can you do that, and if so what is the cost per rifle at that point? Thanks!