PDA

View Full Version : Person to Person Transfers

VacaDuck
04-16-2008, 5:26 PM
I know that PPTs must be done through a FFL holder. Does the 10 day wait apply to PPTs?

Thanks.

hoffmang
04-16-2008, 5:32 PM
Yes.

-Gene

5150Marcelo
04-16-2008, 5:33 PM
for PPT's its actually 30 day wait.

VacaDuck
04-16-2008, 5:34 PM
Yes.

-Gene

Thanks

5150Marcelo
04-16-2008, 5:34 PM
jk;)

Vin496
04-16-2008, 5:42 PM
jk;)

LOL,

I almost wrote WTF are talking about.

Gator Monroe
04-16-2008, 6:55 PM
Can person selling a Shotgun & pistol hold shotgun & Pistol until wait period is over then return to FFL that is doing doing transfer and meet buyer again (Because they first met and did paperwork and paid transfer fees on earlier visit to FFL) and finalize deal ? AND IF DONE THIS WAY IS WAIT PERIOD 10 days or 30 days??

Vin496
04-16-2008, 7:02 PM
Can person selling a Shotgun & pistol hold shotgun & Pistol until wait period is over then return to FFL that is doing doing transfer and meet buyer again (Because they first met and did paperwork and paid transfer fees on earlier visit to FFL) and finalize deal ? AND IF DONE THIS WAY IS WAIT PERIOD 10 days or 30 days??

I would say NO!!

Who's to say that when you guys 1st met and filled out the FFL paperwork, you didn't walk outside and give him the firearms, then met up 10 days later and acted like you had the items the whole time.

In essence you would be skirting around the 10 day wait.

Wait period on all PPT is 10 days, an no 1 handgun every 30 day rule.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-16-2008, 7:02 PM

No, they can not.

The Dealer has to keep the guns until the buyer picks them up.

12082. (a) A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Section 12071 in accordance with this section in order to comply with subdivision (d) of Section 12072. The seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm shall deliver the firearm to the dealer who shall retain possession of that firearm. The dealer shall then deliver the firearm to the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, if it is not prohibited, in accordance with subdivision (c) of Section 12072.

Gator Monroe
04-16-2008, 7:07 PM
Shotgun wait is 10 days ? And pistol wait is ????????? (And FFL holds said firearms for each wait period if they vary ???)

s2000news
04-16-2008, 7:12 PM
All wait for a new or PPT purchase is 10 days. Unless you have an exemption... LEO or CLEO letter.

EDIT: It is also to the hour. If you do your paperwork at 4PM, you wait 10 days and can come in at 4PM on the 10th day. Many are saying 11 days, due to some abusing that exact time. They disclose the 11 day or 10 day wait when you go in.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-16-2008, 7:12 PM
Shotgun wait is 10 days ? And pistol wait is ????????? (And FFL holds said firearms for each wait period if they vary ???)

They don't vary.

The waiting period is 10 days for long guns and handguns. When we say "waiting period" we are talking about the 10 days you wait between starting the DROS and picking up the firearm.

Gator Monroe
04-16-2008, 7:13 PM
I would say NO!!

Who's to say that when you guys 1st met and filled out the FFL paperwork, you didn't walk outside and give him the firearms, then met up 10 days later and acted like you had the items the whole time.

In essence you would be skirting around the 10 day wait.

Wait period on all PPT is 10 days, an no 1 handgun every 30 day rule.

Do you mean #1 Handgun (First ever purchased) 30 day rule ????

s2000news
04-16-2008, 7:16 PM
Do you mean #1 Handgun (First ever purchased) 30 day rule ????

No. You can only purchase a NEW handgun every 30 days. You can purchase a rifle/shotgun (long gun) NEW or USED every day if you wanted.

Only pistols that are new are restricted to a one purchase per 30 days. You can get a used pistol (PPT) as often as you want.

All firearms have a 10 day wait.

Gator Monroe
04-16-2008, 7:30 PM
Great ! Thanx (I was skeerd that I would not be able to tinker & drool on my first 1911 FOR A MONTH ...:p

Vin496
04-16-2008, 7:46 PM
Great ! Thanx (I was skeerd that I would not be able to tinker & drool on my first 1911 FOR A MONTH ...:p

The only way I know that you can sort of get around the 10 day wait, is if you do the PPT at a gun range. Most if not all ranges will allow you to shoot the pistol during your wait, you can't take it home, but you can visit and use it during your wait. You could go everyday and use it if you wanted. To me that's the same as owning it, as I only get to shoot at ranges around here anyways.

s2000news
04-16-2008, 8:39 PM
The only way I know that you can sort of get around the 10 day wait, is if you do the PPT at a gun range. Most if not all ranges will allow you to shoot the pistol during your wait, you can't take it home, but you can visit and use it during your wait. You could go everyday and use it if you wanted. To me that's the same as owning it, as I only get to shoot at ranges around here anyways.

AKA: Supervised Visits. :)