PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversery of VA tech massacre draws attention

Centurion_D
04-16-2008, 4:37 PM
to the gun control bills in Sacramento. It's both the ammo bill and a smart gun bill. But guess who was a guest speaker at one of these memorials? Non other than Jerry Brown. Saw it on the channel 2 news and of course the Brady bunch was there promoting the two bills. Well if any one had any doubt about where Jerry Brown stands on gun control there you have it.

Shotgun Man
04-16-2008, 5:01 PM
to the gun control bills in Sacramento. It's both the ammo bill and a smart gun bill. But guess who was a guest speaker at one of these memorials? Non other than Jerry Brown. Saw it on the channel 2 news and of course the Brady bunch was there promoting the two bills. Well if any one had any doubt about where Jerry Brown stands on gun control there you have it.

I think I see what you're saying, but we need more info. Ferinstance, what did he say? (link please?)

Hell, I could make a speech at the memorial. It wouldn't make me an anti.

Centurion_D
04-16-2008, 5:33 PM
I think I see what you're saying, but we need more info. Ferinstance, what did he say? (link please?)

Hell, I could make a speech at the memorial. It wouldn't make me an anti.

I've tried to find the video or link on ktvu but can't find it. But let's face it..if the brady bunch is there promoting the two bills and the state AG gets up on a podium and talks about more needs to be done on gun violence what other conclusion can be drawn from that? Maybe he didn't say anything for the bills in question..but he didn't say any thing against it. If you get up on a podium in front of a crowd of Bradites and their supporters spouting out more jibberish on doing more to combat gun violence then you are supporting more gun control. I don't know how any one can come to a different conclusion.

RRangel
04-16-2008, 7:00 PM
Why is this a surprise? What did you think this phony organization would do? They'll use anything as an excuse to remove our rights, even if it means shamefully attempting to use the Virginia Tech shooting "anniversary" to their advantage. If the attorney general surrounds himself with these idiots he's not any better.

johnny_22
04-17-2008, 3:10 PM
"...that they thought had made a difference to crime victims including state Attorney General and former Oakland Mayor Jerry Brown.

Also addressing attendees was Assemblyman Todd Spitzer, R-Orange, co-author of Assembly Bill 2043, which aims to create a Crime Victims' Memorial in the Statehouse with the help of private funding. The proposed memorial would sit near existing memorials dedicated to fallen firefighters and law enforcement officials. "

http://origin.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_8956470

Nothing on KTVU that I could find.

RRangel
04-17-2008, 3:30 PM
Unfortunately feelings, and gestures are not effective at helping victims, or preventing them. As they say, talk is cheap. Why don't these same people champion the cause of the citizenry? How about empowering citizens with non-discretionary concealed carry? That would go much farther than hugs, speeches, or any memorial.

This is why political correctness hurts. Our liberal friends cannot solve the issue even if they see the light, because they have painted themselves into a corner.

yellowfin
04-17-2008, 8:11 PM
That is why you make it not up to them, and no, they're not your friends. Someone who disarms people is not anyone's friend. To solve the problem will be to remove the notion that gun grabbing is the "friend" of anyone.

JayRuff
04-18-2008, 11:28 AM
NO 10-day wait period?