PDA

View Full Version : grip pod deal from botach

trinydex
04-15-2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.botachtactical.com/grippodgps02.html

is this a good deal?

RECCE556
04-15-2008, 12:52 PM
With Botach's reputation, you might want to pay more somewhere else...

akspetsnaz
04-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Very good deal. They are ok to go...based on my past 10 years experience with them.

Ugly Dwarf
04-15-2008, 2:37 PM
I'm not in the market for one of those grip pods, so I don't know if it's a good price. Compare the price to other places (like Lanworld). If the price is a lot better, you may want to order it from Botach.

I have placed 15-20 orders with Botach. Every time I've ordered with them, they had the best price by far. All but one of the orders went off without a hitch... the one was very problematic.

They sat on my order for two weeks. Only when I called them to check the status of my shipment did they tell me it still hadn't shipped (I got an email with an order number, but the tracking info included said "No Information Available From Shipper). By this time, one of the two clearance items I wanted was gone by the time they acted (I had confirmed it was in stock when I ordered). They then shipped a wrong third item and it took numerous emails and phone calls to get an RMA number. EVENTUALY, I got what I'd originally ordered (or equivalent) and they cut me a deal for the shipping costs.

From my experience and that of my friends: They have good to great sale prices and they get your order right 90+% of the time... When things go wrong, it's a pain to get it right.

My $.02.

trinydex
04-15-2008, 4:29 PM
well i already ordered, it's already delivered...

JeffM
04-15-2008, 4:38 PM
4 hours. Not bad!

Ugly Dwarf
04-15-2008, 5:07 PM
I will need to order from Botach again. That's fast turn around!!!

asymmetricalwarfar3
04-15-2008, 7:23 PM
That has got to be an error (in price). Everywhere else this sells for twice as much. Plus I bought one recently from them for $120. Get it if you can but I'd check for defects....

shooter4ever
04-15-2008, 9:51 PM
Does this grip pod have metal or plastic legs? Metal ones cost over $100; plastic ones are $35 at gun shows.

trinydex
04-15-2008, 10:09 PM
i'm pretty sure these are the polymer ones. there are aluminum ones.

akspetsnaz
04-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Does this grip pod have metal or plastic legs? Metal ones cost over $100; plastic ones are $35 at gun shows.

Watch out there are some FAKE sh()ts around.

Pretty sure Botach are selling real stuff.

RECCE556
04-16-2008, 2:21 AM
The REAL Polymer ones are $150 retail...the Aluminum ones are $325 retail...so if you're finding them for SIGNIFICANTLY less (especially when they're sold as "new"), then most likely, you're getting some Airsoft junk (particularly at gun shows).

$80 at Botach is a deal but I don't see how they're selling them for that cheap...maybe GPS is coming out with a new model and they're blowing them out....either way, if you actually get the product from Botach (and it's real) then that's a great deal.

trinydex
04-16-2008, 9:53 PM
i got it, i paid like 90 shipped. i can take pics if you guys like. it's real sturdy, deploys such that i'd keep it away from the crotch.

gotta admit, for all it's sturdiness it's pretty heavy, it makes me wonder how people that oz pinch about the eotech+magnifer would feel.

maxicon
04-18-2008, 3:36 PM
There's been an interesting thread on the grip pod over at arfcom:

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=373714

odesskiy
04-18-2008, 3:44 PM
I got mine for $70 from a guy that was liquidating his business. I think $80 is really close to dealer cost. Botach is a legit company and they often have amazing deals. They are hit-and-miss when it comes to customer service, but I have full confidence in the fact that they would never knowingly sell knock-offs.