PDA

View Full Version : AK conversion to Krinkov single shot action

Shadowtengu
04-14-2008, 4:35 PM
Is it possible to convert a semi auto ak into a single shot action krinkov? Like wouldn't i just have to remove rivets and separate the original ak barrel to install krinkov barrel? Would the bolt and bolt spring work on the receiver? this is assuming krinkov barrel and parts are designed for 7.62 by 39. Also how difficult would it be and is it possible?

FEDUPWBS
04-14-2008, 4:56 PM
Is it possible to convert a semi auto ak into a single shot action krinkov? Like wouldn't i just have to remove rivets and separate the original ak barrel to install krinkov barrel? Would the bolt and bolt spring work on the receiver? this is assuming krinkov barrel and parts are designed for 7.62 by 39. Also how difficult would it be and is it possible?

ONLY if you have the barrel length extended before you take possesion of the short barrel oterwise youll be making a SBR and a vacation at lompoc so you can be close to your family for weekend visits.

Shadowtengu
04-14-2008, 5:14 PM
I totally didn't get the last thing you said? i'm gonna vacation somewhere.....?

Shadowtengu
04-14-2008, 5:16 PM
so is it possible? I'd most likely and positively convert it to single shot. NOT SEMI AUTO.

sloguy
04-14-2008, 5:24 PM
no. once a rifle always a rifle. PERIOD. you have two threads asking the same thing. you have fork-all for a post count,smells like a troll to me. but........

if you want one, follow the law to the letter. build it up yourself legally or buy a single shot from a out of state ffl. read the advice in your other thread. it is the right info.

sloguy
04-14-2008, 5:27 PM
I totally didn't get the last thing you said? i'm gonna vacation somewhere.....?

he means do it legally or you will spend some time in prison.

oaklander
04-14-2008, 5:28 PM
Rifle barrels have to be 16 inches long, regardless of whether they are semi or single shot.

Shadowtengu
04-14-2008, 5:28 PM
oooooooooo Thank you. And what does troll mean?

Shadowtengu
04-14-2008, 5:31 PM
OOOO no no no I was not trying to be offensive or mess up the forum. I found a definition that said troll meant i was being disruptive. I apologize, I'm very sorry and thank you for the info. I thought the ask section meant anything i'm sorry i'm new.

cseabass
04-14-2008, 6:43 PM
not gonna touch it.

JeffM
04-14-2008, 6:47 PM
not gonna touch it.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that