PDA

View Full Version : Oh Please! Clinton Portrays Herself as a Pro-Gun Churchgoer

BillCA
04-13-2008, 1:52 PM
Clinton Portrays Herself as a Pro-Gun Churchgoer

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/12/clinton-portrays-herself-as-a-pro-gun-churchgoer/

“I disagree with Senator Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about immigration or trade simply out of frustration,” she said.

She described herself as a pro-gun churchgoer, recalling that her father taught her how to shoot a gun when she was a young girl and said that her faith “is the faith of my parents and my grandparents.”

Oh please! :rolleyes:

"We landed under sniper fire..."
"A pregnant woman died because the hospital turned her away for lack of $100..."
"I have no knowledge of where those [Whitewater] documents might be..."
"I was named after Mount Everest climber Sir Edmund Hillary..."

Knight
04-13-2008, 2:02 PM
I'm surprised she didn't talk about going hunting with her father or some crap like that.

Socal858
04-13-2008, 2:05 PM
does her shoulder thing go up

chris
04-13-2008, 2:10 PM
it's like i said everytime she opens her mouth BS comes out it!

dfletcher
04-13-2008, 5:36 PM
Maybe she went hunting with Vince Foster .....:kest:

AngelDecoys
04-13-2008, 5:47 PM
And to think, just a day or so ago, she proposed to ban all semi-autos? :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd love to hear more on that from her. I'd like her (or Obama) say similar things over and over, louder and louder right up until the election. Make it the forefront of her campaign and see how Americans vote.

tombinghamthegreat
04-13-2008, 5:53 PM
I have never seen someone lie that much and be able to keep a straight face. I would ask does she have any morals or beliefs but then i remembered she is running for president. Both her and Rudy would say anything to get elected.

C.G.
04-13-2008, 6:46 PM
I have never seen someone lie that much and be able to keep a straight face. I would ask does she have any morals or beliefs but then i remembered she is running for president. Both her and Rudy would say anything to get elected.

She figured if it was good for the gander, it should be for the goose.;)

CCWFacts
04-13-2008, 7:02 PM
If she's serious about the guns part, she should join the NRA! At least Rudy did in fact show up at an NRA meeting and talk to them. Does Hillary have the courage to even do that?

If Gore had kept his NRA approval that he had had as TN governor, he would have won the presidency. If Kerry had been pro-gun-rights, he would have won. Hillary's husband's AWB cost his party control of Congress in 1994. Every election Bush Jr has won in his life he owes to his Democratic opponent being openly hostile to gun rights. Maybe Hillary should think about which team she wants to bet on?

Pred@tor
04-13-2008, 7:08 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/04/11/878693.aspx

Double speak didnt she just say she wants to renew the new AW ban? A 4 billion dollar crime bill... Yuck.

odesskiy
04-13-2008, 9:07 PM
Maybe she went hunting with Vince Foster .....:kest:

I wish she went hunting with Dick Cheney...

bruceflinch
04-13-2008, 9:08 PM
toss up between who is worse... Hillary or Obama..:eek:

JeffM
04-13-2008, 9:09 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/04/11/878693.aspx

Double speak didnt she just say she wants to renew the new AW ban? A 4 billion dollar crime bill... Yuck.

The clips I've heard on the radio have been just that - doublespeak. Not really supporting gun-rights or 2A, but kinda sounding like it.

"Gun rights supporters believe it's a matter of Constitutional rights, Christians believe that it's a matter of faith, bla bla bla et al. :puke:"

Sutcliffe
04-14-2008, 4:11 PM
She knows you'd better keep your mouth shut or open up a whole lot of whup-*** when it comes to people not trusting candidates that propose gun control.

Glock30
04-14-2008, 4:22 PM
No democrat can be pro-gun!!!

Scarecrow Repair
04-14-2008, 4:38 PM
1. It means she at least understands that a pro-gun position is important, which is great vindication of all the people saying Dems lost elections because they were anti-gun.

2. It puts her on record as saying she is pro-gun, making it that much harder for her to lie about it in the future. Not that she won't, but it makes the consequences worse in that she will look that much more two faced.

Folks, we ought to all write her letters, send emails, leave voice messages, all congratulating her for her pro-gun stance. Leave out the sarcasm. Just a short simple thank you, nothing about how it will change your vote, just a thank you by itself, include your NRA number if you want, make sure she understands that she has now taken a stance that you intend to remember. Sink that hook!

Seriously, this is a dynamite opportunity to do more than sneer at another lying politician. I will be sending email as soon as I get home, even if it does put me on her mailing list.

Here's an idea, just right now off the top of my head: Dear Senator Clinton,
Thank you for your recent support of the second amendment and the right to keep and bear arms, and your approval of guns. This has been a long time coming from a Democrat presidential candidate, and I welcome your public stance. I look forward to more of the same. This will be a great differentiator between you and Obama.

SchooBaka
04-14-2008, 4:40 PM
If she's serious about the guns part, she should join the NRA! At least Rudy did in fact show up at an NRA meeting and talk to them. Does Hillary have the courage to even do that?

If Gore had kept his NRA approval that he had had as TN governor, he would have won the presidency. If Kerry had been pro-gun-rights, he would have won. Hillary's husband's AWB cost his party control of Congress in 1994. Every election Bush Jr has won in his life he owes to his Democratic opponent being openly hostile to gun rights. Maybe Hillary should think about which team she wants to bet on?

That speech Rudy gave to the NRA was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

As for Hillary, dodging sniper rounds like Neo in the matrix, we all know how trustworthy her word is.

Solidmch
04-14-2008, 4:58 PM
it's like i said everytime she opens her mouth BS comes out it!

Just like me, but the difference is I dont belive it!

trashman
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
IMO from a politically pragmatic standpoint she's probably the most pro-gun of the three candidates - including Mccain. Because of her up-close and personal witness of the train wreck that followed the original Clinton AWB, she won't touch the issue now.

--Neill

Scarecrow Repair
04-15-2008, 7:20 AM
Folks, we ought to all write her letters, send emails, leave voice messages, all congratulating her for her pro-gun stance.

I sent my email, got back the expected say-nothing response. The rest of you need to do this -- imagine what will happen if she gets thousands of comments thanking her for her pro-gun stance -- what will she do? She may not say anything publicly, but it will sure send a shiver up her spine, make her dread even the slightest future gun comment either for or against. or maybe it will go to her head and she will say something equally silly about guns, and Obama and McCain will ridicule her for it.

Come on folks, send her email congratulating her on on pro-gun stance, how happy you are that some leading Dem is finally seeing the light, it's about time we stopped losing elections because of such an outdated knee jerk reaction, and how happy we are to see a candidate not beholden to outdated myths.

It's a golden opportunity.

AfricanHunter
04-15-2008, 9:30 AM
I sent my email, got back the expected say-nothing response. The rest of you need to do this -- imagine what will happen if she gets thousands of comments thanking her for her pro-gun stance -- what will she do? She may not say anything publicly, but it will sure send a shiver up her spine, make her dread even the slightest future gun comment either for or against. or maybe it will go to her head and she will say something equally silly about guns, and Obama and McCain will ridicule her for it.

Come on folks, send her email congratulating her on on pro-gun stance, how happy you are that some leading Dem is finally seeing the light, it's about time we stopped losing elections because of such an outdated knee jerk reaction, and how happy we are to see a candidate not beholden to outdated myths.

It's a golden opportunity.

I sent one and then went and puked in my trashcan

Scarecrow Repair
04-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I sent one and then went and puked in my trashcan

Well, that's good enough, sorry about your trashcan, but thanks for the email :-) Two is better than one. Thanks.

razorx
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
The one good thing about Hillary, is if she actually thought she could win the election by being pro-gun, she would be. Her principles are, well, morphable where Obama may not have as much sense.

dwtt
04-15-2008, 10:43 PM
All we need now for Hillary to match Bill's record is for her to have a sex scandal with a congressional intern. I know, it's impossible, but...